Whip State Tips

I can't say. It's random, so you can't really depend on it. I know that immortality frames were pretty common in SC2, although I have not played that game seriously, that's what I heard.

What do you think about a separate thread dedidated to moves with auto-evade/side step properties/super TC? I was thinking about making one. Is it worth to try?

What do you think about a separate thread dedidated to moves with auto-evade/side step properties/super TC? I was thinking about making one. Is it worth to try?

Ya we could. frankly aside from CL 214B her other sidestep moves like CL or SW 44A arent that great, tho its always good to reference down what moves it work on and the likelihood of getting a CH. Also listing down things like how CL 214B dodges certain horizontals is also a good one like a char with a small 2A. With SW WS B I was hoping something like an iWS B would work but it needs more testing.

Thread goes back to WP.

Making a thread for her evading properties might be cool.
Immortality lol, she just keeps getting better and better.

That's actually TC. It's pretty funny though, she TCs during standing position (something like WP 3B+K)

Something interesting:

- WP 3B_
- WP 33B_

Both look the same but the properties are different:

WP 3B_ - 24 dmg, 50+ to CF
WP 33B_ - 19 dmg, 10 to CF

I think it's worth to sacrifice the 5 points of damage for a massive soul gauge damage.

I think the same but have trouble to do it in real match...
By the way, is their any change with the combos between WP 3 and WP 33 ?
And WP 33 SE K works like WP 3 SE K ?

Other question,
How many frame for WP K and for WP 8Kb ?
I can punish Amy 66A+B with WP K but not with WP 8Kb... Is this my fault or is it impossible ?

Last question,
is there any topic about WP A+B auto-Gi ?
I know it's usefull against Amy 3BA, Sophi 236236AA, Xiang 6BA but that's all I know...
Is there a list of move where it work well ?

THX

I think the same but have trouble to do it in real match...
By the way, is their any change with the combos between WP 3 and WP 33 ?
And WP 33 SE K works like WP 3 SE K ?

Yes, the combos are the same except for the damage. For example:

WP 3, SE BBB - 40 dmg / WP 33, SE BBB - 35 dmg
WP 3, SE 5hit JF - 42 dmg / WP 33, SE 5hit JF - 37 dmg
CH WP 3, SE K, SE K - 69 / CH WP 33, SE K, SE K - 63 dmg
CH WP 3, SE K, SE 5hit JF - 66dmg / CH WP 33, SE K, SE 5hit JF - 61dmg

Other question,
How many frame for WP K and for WP 8Kb ?
I can punish Amy 66A+B with WP K but not with WP 8Kb... Is this my fault or is it impossible ?

I haven't been able to punish -13 moves with it either. I still believe that the move itself is i13 but it's very hard (or impossible) to punish -13 moves with it, because you loose frames.

Last question,
is there any topic about WP A+B auto-Gi ?
I know it's usefull against Amy 3BA, Sophi 236236AA, Xiang 6BA but that's all I know...
Is there a list of move where it work well ?

THX

I don't think that such list exist but here's a few examples that I can remember:

Amy: 3BA, 1KA, 66A (slow, can be aGI on reaction)
Sophitia: 236AA, 236236AA, 11AA_[A] (even on hit, WP A+B owns this move!)
Setsuka: 66BA, 44AA, 6AA
Cassandra: 4BBA (useless because you can duck A)
Astaroth: 3KA_[A]
Kilik: 66AA, 44AA, also the last hit of Asura will whiff if you do WP A+B, but this trick works only with normal Asura, not JF
Ivy: CL WS AA, CL 6A,A+K
S-Mina: 33AA, 44AA, WS AA

Didn't know about Xian 6BA, thanks =P

Stolen from the FR forum (Scud's post): WP 6AA works as a techtrap and catches all sides. Isn't it nice, when you read something that you actually didn't know even though the game was released like 1,5 year ago? How stupid of me. I never really thought of trying this.

Anyway, unfortunately it works only after a few moves on CH, like 9gB and WP FC 3B. At least this is what I found so far.

Since Ivyfanboy mentioned again 8kB in the other thread, I remembered that I recently found out that WP WS B, 8kB is a combo. Probably the most damaging one after single WS B, but very hard to do. Looks cool, though.

I'm curious as to what other combos this could be used for. I know WP 66A+B can sometimes be followed up by SW 6B8. If I could see cool combo potential I might be more inclined to use it.

Any tips on performing it? I got like a 5% success rate goin here.

I have no idea how to do this on stick. On pad, I find block punishing easier with 8kBK than throwing it out from neutral state. I noticed that you can buffer 8, and then just kB (it's like 1-2 frame JF). I think Davo might have some tips, but I don't see him often now on 8wr.

At the moment, I can't think of any other use for 8kB air throw in WP. I was experimenting with WS B because it's a pretty interesting move. I only wish it did more damage with single WS B (or launch higher) and it was possible to hit-confirm the followup.

SC3's WP WS BB was better.... 120dmg on CH, I want that back!

WP 11A doesn't go to CL anyway. However pressing and holding b+k will make it do that. So hold anything...except B+K and it wont go to CL.

ok, here's a list of some of the moves/combos i usually do in WP:

WP 3~SE...
WP 88_22A, 4, A+B
WP 1AA, WR A+B (i use WR A+B instead of WR BB because BB usually gets blocked and is predictable.)
WP 1B, 7_8_9B+K, 6AA

are the more things i NEED to know? i usually don't use WP form, i usually find myself in SW form.

WP 3~SE...
WP 88_22A, 4, A+B
WP 1AA, WR A+B (i use WR A+B instead of WR BB because BB usually gets blocked and is predictable.)
WP 1B, 7_8_9B+K, 6AA

are the more things i NEED to know? i usually don't use WP form, i usually find myself in SW form.

WP, 66b, 3a, COIL, 236 b good combo

LOADs more just the most memorable one if you have psn i'll play you and show!

WP 3~SE...
WP 88_22A, 4, A+B
WP 1B, 7_8_9B+K, 6AA

I highly suggest learning WP. It's a bad habit of newer Ivys to stick to SW the whole time. Ivy's greatest strength is range so learn how to force an opponent into WP range and chip at them till they move in and you need to shift stances.

On that note WP 6B+K mixed up with 6B+K2_8 is incredibly powerful. If used properly its hard to punish and can rape the SG. If you use it poorly it's very unsafe so learn it, it's one of Ivy's best moves. Avoid using WR A+B and A+B if you can. WR A+B is unsafe even on counter hit, use it solely to air juggle specific scenarios and to finish a match. A+B is replaceable by so much unless you know a specific aGI usage (and there are a few). A good move to pick up is 44A+B and 6AA. 44A+B is highly steppable but if used right does massive SG damage and pushes an opponent all the way back. 6AA is unsafe as Hell but is amazing as a CH fishing tool at tip range. Poke with 6A by encouraging step with 6B+K and 44A+B and occasionally finish the string. A good poke tool is K and 2B, generally your safest get the fuck off me moves. WR K is your safe wake up.

214Ag is a good twitch cancel.

The 1B combo should be: 1B, 1_2_3B+K, CL 4B~B+K, SW214K or 1B, 1_2_3B+K, CL 4B, 236BB4 if they land far or you want to keep them at range.

214Ag is a good twitch cancel.

yeah, i usually cancel my UB attacks. like in CL i use Cl 4A+Bg, then a WR move....WR A+B. starting to rethink my wake-up game after i read your comments. anyways, i know 214Ag TCs, but it seems too fast to use any moves off of its cancel. any suggestions?

Hi all,
I've seen some clips in which they spam Ivy's WP 1_2_3 B+K twice or even three times for a ring out combo. But still now i cannot find out any way to keep WP state after 1_2_3 B+K :(.
Any suggestion will highly be appreciated! ^^
PS: Not sure those clips were made in v.1.03 or wtf... :(
Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_0wS8x8l8

Hold down A before you press B+K and keep it held down - it negates the B+K transition.
Holding down B negates an A+K transition.

Back