Wind Dancing - Talim Combos and More!

Don't ever be troubled about asking questions, we will be happy to answer them.

1. As far as I know there is no follow-up to 6A+B, I don't even know if it has tech traps. It just resets the fight I guess.
2. It's more of on off-axis issue. If you hit their side while you do it there is a slight chance you will miss the follow-up. It should connect from the front though. And you can't possible time it wrong since the B part of the B:K is always animated into the AS so either you miss it or you do it at the exact time it was programmed to do (I guess).

Btw I just found out that after WC A+K you can do a free 236B, Perhaps 44B does more damage but 236B sure as hell does look cooler.

So I found this new wall combo off of 66K, 6A+B wallsplat but unfortunately, I don't think it's reliable.

Stand as far away from the wall as you would be if you tried to RO with 66K, 6A+B to do this.
>:6::6::K:, :6::A:+:B:, (wall), :2::2::B:~:4:, (high Wall), WL :A:+:B: UB.

This comes out to about 150 dmg total if it hits, which had me excited at first, but as I said it's not very reliable.
First, if the 6A+B connects too close to the wall 22B will just do grounded damage or not lift them high enough for the UB. Even then, when you do get that nice high wallsplat from 22B, it doesn't register as a combo with WL A+B. It doesn't appear that the opponent has enough frames to get off the ground and out of the way of it though if it's done right.

Damn, a shame the 22B part has to be so specific or this would be possibly the most damaging wall combo I've ever seen. Well at least if the 22B only lifts them partially you can still go into corner mixups with WL K for rollers and tech traps post wallstun, and WL A for techs and hitting grounded. I'll test some more off the 6A+B wallsplat later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*EDIT*: Wow, so even though this should've been common knowledge to me, Talim's impressive ranged forward RO tricks can be used to set up major wall damage...

Like 236B a good distance from the wall will give you the 6A+B splat as well...
Example: :2::3::6::B:, :6::A:+:B:(wall), :2::3::6::B:, :6::A:+:B:(wall), :2::A:+:B: ~ gives like 85 dmg and is a lot more practical than the ws A+B combo starters.

Then there's >:2::3::6::B:, :6::A:+:B: (wall), :3::3::A: (hopefully wall), :3::B::(A):~:2:_:8:, WC :B:::B: ~ gives 89 dmg if the 33A doesn't give that random stun whiff. (I have a lot of trouble linking AAB to it so I don't know the total damage. I sometimes forsake AAB and do 44B for the extra damage/tech trap) If you add 44B and they stand up into it, tack on 28 dmg and suddenly this sequence is more than half life.

Only problem is that 236B is unsafe. But since these combos can be done with 66K launch as well you can use that instead for a little less damage. if you step punish or whiff punish with 236B within the required distance, have fun.

Final tip: for 66K you need to be closer than 236B for the 6A+B splat to work. Judge it like you would for RO. Visual aid, For 236B you can do these from about as far away as the start of the outer circle in the brown tower with the stained glass

Well, I never said you had to use it, but those are the combos I found. Besides, 4AK won't let you use 6A+B after it since it doesn't bounce as high as 66K. I suppose you could do those after WL K as well, but if that's blocked you can get punished for it.

I dunno, I used to use 66K, but it started getting shut down.
and I like 6A+B, but I also don't use that very often anymore.

Maybe after BT B, 6K. But after that, I've just been using A+K (eventhough it's a gamble) instead of 6A+B.
I'd rather take the gamble on A+K since from there I can go back to AA6BA2 ~ AA2_8, or BB(delay), or A+G_B+G, or whatever mixups, rather than the guaranteed 6A+B after 6K.

I do LIKE the move though. I mean, hey, it's Talim, what's not to like?

EDIT- Also, don't listen to me, since I don't think her wall combo game is that great. Or atleast I'm not so great trying to incorporate it.

You really don't have to use 66K, just any launcher that allows you to use 6A+B to hit them out of the air. But as for BT B, 6K... Nothing after 6K is guaranteed since it can be shaken out of. Not that you can't use 6A+B or A+K or whatever else, but just keep in mind that some of the better players, (or at least those that know Talim), will shake the stun and block them.

Her wall game is above average, but it's like the rest of her combo game. Low damage output forces you to work that much harder to get decent damage off of most of them. It's good to know though, because with Talim you NEED to make every point of damage count when you get the opportunity.

But as for BT B, 6K... Nothing after 6K is guaranteed since it can be shaken out of. Not that you can't use 6A+B or A+K or whatever else, but just keep in mind that some of the better players, (or at least those that know Talim), will shake the stun and block them.

Yes, you're right. Most players who know Talim WILL shake that.. I guess I should've indicated that they BOTH are a gamble, not just A+K.

But you have to admit, if they don't shake ANY OF IT..

AA6B2~ WC AA8 ~ WC A+G_B+G ~ BT B, 6K, A+K, 446B2~ WC B B(delay)

..is the funnest thing to pull of.

I'd like to play with you. Maybe you can teach me some of her wall game?

Don't know if this has been posted before but there's a combo I just discovered that only works on the big characters. (Asta, Rock, and Lizzy)

The staple combo after landing WL A, is WL A, FC 3BB, AS A+B 2A+B for 55 points of damage. But if you swap AS A+B for AS B+K you get...

WL A, FC 3BB, AS B+K, AS A+B, 2A+B for 69 points of damage.

This sometimes whiffs against these characters from certain angles. Lizardman in particular due to hitbox issues, but from straight on it should work every time.

haha thanks i haven't think about that but it's logistic lol
is it work also against ivy voldo and zasalamel? cause there respected like tall character too

No it doesn't work on them. Even though you can't jump over them with AS A+K normally, if you land WL A, FC 3BB you can jump over them since they're falling to the ground. This combo only works on the 3 characters I listed because you can't jump over them after you land WL A, FC 3BB. That way the AS B+K will stun them instead of hopping over them and losing out on damage.

And this might be best to use on just Astaroth and Rock since it's really hard to hit the last 2A+B on Lizardman. He falls to the side a bit making you go off axis.

ok thanks i'm at work now but i'll tested it tonight
anyway good finding
i don't know if you have tested it but 44B instead of 2A+B change maybe something i know it give 3dmg more but i don't remember if it hit at the same range or maybe more with lucky

if anyone is on send me a message on psn. i want to try some new combos i just found out, and i have no one here to test them on.

zeroeffect317 you're right about liz and the last 2A+B even for the combo the AS A+B after AS B+K don't connect completely except if you delay a little the FC 3BB after WL A in that case liz take the right angle during the stun for it

after instead of 2A+B you have a BT 2K guarantee for 3dmg more :-\ but possible to mix with another mind game on wake up BT B+K A+B for exemple of course

Found a decent reliable tech trap earlier.

After 44AA hits, 1K catches tech in ALL directions. This is good because when people start teching away from the 2A+B followup you can throw this in there and it equals 56 damage. This is the same amount of damage they would have normally avoided from 44AA, 2A+B combo.

If they decide to lay on the ground or try to roll, 44AA, 1K still does 51 damage, so you're not losing out on much that way either. This makes an already good post-GI option even better.

I keep lookin on here inspite of me not really playing SC4 ever.

Anybody ever use Talim's reset off of her BT B combo? WC AA instead of WC BB? It's pretty kool

Just... randomly throwing that out there.

Still playin, although all the foreign playas I know over here switched to T6.

I usually try for the WC BB (so I can get the AAB as more free damage) but ya mixin it up w/WC AA could be a good idea. Some people biff you while you're doin the WC...

i have Big interrogation ???
Ellernill a french player have found this video where at 7:19 Mn Talim made FC3BB4, WL and.... 1A!!!! X_X without traditionnal obligate WL/AS transition

i know it's possible after a 11_77 B but i NEVER see this after a FC3BB4 !!!! this can be so usefull !!!!
any information ????

hmmmmmm i c it
maybe a weird glitch thats only possible to airbourne yoda?
hmmm ill test it later

I think talim should be able to WL without having to AS if the opponent is behind her or sumit
idk, talim is gay

edit: I wish talim HAD canceable stances. that would make her 4905x better

Nah, it's not a glitch. This happens against any character if they are hit airborne and Talim is positioned underneath them. It flips the inputs so that doing FC3BB~6 does BT B+K instead of AS... just like the 11B~2~6 move.

Likewise, if you intended to do FC3BB~4 for WL, you move forward with AS. This has gotten me a lot of self-ROs.

And yes. I also wish she had cancellable stances with safe recovery. Otherwise if they can still punish you for cancelling it's useless.

Back