Xiba, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes and Aeon Confirmed!

• Admin
Today, Famitsu announced four new characters for Soulcalibur V! While Yoshimitsu was "sort of" announced in the custom character trailer, there was never any real confirmation. As well, hints about Aeon Calcos comings from soundtrack leaks (the same way Raphael was discovered early). Aeon Calcos in case you don't know, is the original Lizardman!

In addition to the return of the immortal Cervantes, Namco has revealed a new staff user by the name of "Xiba". Xiba, a character clearly designed around the Monkey King from the Journey to the West story in Chinese Folklore. Several months back, Daishi stated on his twitter that Kilik was an "ill-fated" character. With the introduction of Xiba, it begs the question: "What happened to Kilik?"

2d_aeon.jpg 2d_cervantes.jpg 2d_xiba.jpg 2d_yoshimitsu.jpg
aeon_3D-Render.jpg cervantes_3D.jpg xiba1_3D-Render.jpg yoshimitsu_3D-Render.jpg xiba3.jpg alchemy2.jpg
aeon_astaroth.jpg aeon_astaroth2.jpg aeon_pyrrha.jpg aeon1.jpg
aeon2.jpg cervantes_ivy.jpg cervantes_natsu1.jpg cervantes_natsu2.jpg
cervantes1.jpg cervantes2.jpg cervantes3.jpg xiba_leixia.jpg
xiba_maxi.jpg xiba1.jpg xiba2.jpg yoshimitsu_mitsurugi.jpg
yoshimitsu_voldo1.jpg yoshimitsu_voldo2.jpg yoshimitsu1.jpg yoshimitsu2.jpg
alchemy1.jpg cave-ride1.jpg cave-ride2.jpg pirate-ship1.jpg
pirate-ship2.jpg

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Stages look epic as usual. Renders are slightly disappointing as usual. (OMG lizard cloaca to the face!) Cervantes is looking very... lively this time. Guess he got over the undead thing. I'm not too disappointed. It's time his story progressed. I wish Aeon could have done the same. I'd like to finally see a human version of him.

And omg omg, i love this so much:

A real world map with real countries labelled on it. Not sure if the names are 100% historically accurate for the era, but at least they're making an effort. I'll take it.

I just wish they would throw in some more real historical events into story mode, like at least a mention of the religious wars that were utterly consuming Europe at the time.

8230-3d8eb5c89bd3d46697d54c350456700c.jpg

Isn't there 2 Yoshimitsu's. Could this be the modern or Tekken Yoshimitsu because he is holding the other Yoshi's mask like he killed him or something.

He is the 2nd Yoshimitsu, yes, an honor passed down through death, but he is not the Tekken Yoshimitsu whatsoever.

The Tekken Yoshimitsu has a mechanical left arm, both SC Yoshimitsu have mechanical right arms. Tah-dah!

Okay Lizardman fans, I concede defeat XD Note : Giving him a name does not necessarily turn him human again. And look at that, he sprouted wings, breathes fire and has two axes! I'll have what the designer's having!

Somehow, giving Lizardman a name (Aeon) seems to alleviate him a bit from the status of 'joke character'. Maybe he'll have a story involving this oracle person?

It looks like cerv found maxi's SC2 2p pants, mixed that with half of his SC3 2p pants and took his SC4 jacket and changed some colors. Looks cool to me. Maybe he is trying to compete with maxi for the who's the old hot boy on the seas.

So maxi has a new gang following him around and cerv is trying to bite his Shit. Maxi is that dude.

Reactions: HRD
Cervantes_SCV-Stryker.jpg

What you think? Its an improvement?

I really like Cervantes design from SC2/3; he was really a dreadful pirate from design to move set... really scary.

Actually think it's worse. Gatsu's green recolor was better.

Don't you just love the open-mindedness of people these days?
It's almost cute how open-minded people are. I couldn't help but punch myself in the manvaries (man-ovaries) after reading how open-minded this delightful citizen was. It was like I was watching cat videos all over again.
I can say and compliment women all I want cuz it is what sexes where created for and accepted in society, cant you HOMOS understand that women are for men and viceversa I really dislike this about this website, vaginas are for penises, too many homosexuals here, really embarasing that the community of a video game that I love is like 15% or more full of homos living in sin, this is what happens when you hang out too much with a bunch of guys in a room and dont go out and get some pussy
SOFUCKIN'ADORABLE.

@ Aeon. I like the design. It makes me curious as to why he has angelic wings rather than dragon-like wings and what caused him to be able to sprout wings and breathe fire. I am also curious as to why he chose red nail polish over black.

Since he has wings... While they're at it, they might as well design him after the Bell Gargoyle from "Dark Souls." He would keep the shield and would tie his axe to his tail, to use as a surprise weapon, and would sport a badass helmet while wielding a large halberd whilst maintaining the ability to breathe fire. No?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-18 at 2.36.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-11-18 at 2.36.49 PM.png
    410.4 KB · Views: 294
Am I alone on this one?
Yup. I'd like to get rid of all the jokiness about this character and just have him as a badass human Spartan warrior. However, it doesn't look like we'll ever have a Soul game again without at least some typical Japanese weirdness. SB started off so promising too.

@ Aeon. I like the design. It makes me curious as to why he has angelic wings rather than dragon-like wings and what caused him to be able to sprout wings and breathe fire. I am also curious as to why he chose red nail polish over black.

Since he has wings... While they're at it, they might as well design him after the Bell Gargoyle from "Dark Souls." He would keep the shield and would tie his axe to his tail, to use as a surprise weapon, and would sport a badass helmet while wielding a large halberd whilst maintaining the ability to breathe fire. No?

He's probably more or less based on a Velociraptor.

1velociraptor.jpg

The Flying Dragon Lizard is another one:

articles_gallery_2_0703.jpg

Or the ancient Archeopteryx.

jm_large_archeopteryx.jpg

I'm sorry guys, I'm a bit disappointed. They replaced Kilik with, who is this? Xiba? Um....okay. Why?
Any who, they are calling Lizardman Aeon now. Okay. And he looks upgraded. This is good. Yoshi looks good. And Cervantes looks human now? Okay. So Project Soul I am not so much concerned with the characters wtf is going on in the story? Can we get a lil info on some of the characters so we aren't just thrown out into the wilderness of "Why" , "How" and "When". I mean Kilik is a very likable character and I see no reason for removing him from the game. Y'all replaced Kilik AND Xianghua(I'm more accepting of Xianghua being gone because it's her daughter). And only kept Maxi? Uh, okay.... And it isn't even Kilik's fighting style is it? I'm tellin' y'all now if they replace Talim, idk if I can buy the game. They are replacing a LOT of good characters that started the series and made the game known for what it is today.

They are replacing a LOT of good characters that started the series and made the game known for what it is today.

???? uhhh what??? None of the characters you mentioned started the series. Or did you forget Soul Blade started it all :3

I'm sorry guys, I'm a bit disappointed. They replaced Kilik with, who is this? Xiba? Um....okay. Why?
Any who, they are calli... [snip]...yle is it? I'm tellin' y'all now if they replace Talim, idk if I can buy the game. They are replacing a LOT of good characters that started the series and made the game known for what it is today.
Now, now. I understand if your main, who I assume is Talim, judging by your avatar, isn't in, you could be quite disappointed (if). That's no reason to not buy, or at least try, the game, though. A game isn't suddenly terrible just because a character you love is out. For all you know, Xiba might be just as, if not more, like-able than Kilik. Maybe not.

I can't guarantee anything, but I'm very confident that Talim will be in SCV due to her age, style and overall uniqueness. So, just have a little faith and give the game a chance. There are plenty of things to look forwards to: new features, bigger story, more characters, etc. You might find another character who you'll fall in love with. Etc.etc. <Insert cheesy lines here.> Etc.etc. I'd like to keep the SC community growing rather than have it deteriorate for silly (some not as silly) reasons.

PS: By the way, Talim first appeared in SCII, IIRC. A character from SCII does not = a character that started the series. Cervantes and Siegfried are examples of characters that started off the series. They returned. So, I'm not trying to be a doucheface, but they technically did bring back characters "that started the series and made the game known for what it is today."

They are replacing a LOT of good characters that started the series and made the game known for what it is today.

Taki->Natsu and Sophitia->Pyrrha.
To a certain degree, Rock->Astaroth.

Mitsu- Still in
Sieg- Still in
Taki- Replaced with an apprentice using a slightly changed style.
Li Long- Was replaced in SCI
Rock- Astaroth has his style, more or less. And we may even get Bangoo.
Sophitia- Replaced by her daughter.
Seong Mi-Na- Status unknown. Xiba will likely inherit part of the moveset.
Voldo- Still in.
Cervantes- Still in.

Hwang- was just a slightly redone Mitsu, to get around the Korea ban on Samurai. I wouldn't count that as part of the "starters".

So... every single "starter of the series" is either in or has their style in the game.

Except Li Long, I suppose, but Maxi was meant to take that role anyway.

Talim, Xianghua and Kilik started the series? What are you on? They are all newcomers who caught on.

These 2d renders are gorgeous and it's just unfortunate how much personality they lose with their 3d counterparts. Most egregious case in point, Xiba. Makes me wonder what the game would like if they went the full or even partial cell-shaded route.

Talim, Xianghua and Kilik started the series? What are you on? They are all newcomers who caught on.
Are you kidding me, new comers who caught on? Then explain why talim who appeared in SC2 has more fans than mina who appeared in Soul Edge, it was never about the first fighters who desearved more or have better chances of staying, they stayed cuz ppl liked em and look how easily they replaced sophitia and cassandra, namco doesnt care about who started it, but who will continue it...

lmao, actually, it's only about the gameplay at this point.

If the character is stale, but the style is fresh, replace the character but don't take out the style.

SCV's Aeon kinda reminds me of Kratos don't you think. And I think Cervantes' design suits him, don't know what he's drinking. I thought he was only thirsty for souls.
And I have a question. How can that be a knew yoshi when he also has a cut off arm? Do all yoshis have that, because I forget.

Live streams

13 Viewers
lasidreriadelarte
lasidreriadelarte
torneo soul calibur 6 entre amigos | cpu vs cpu | !comic | !comandos @javiartverso
4 Viewers
SeichoTV
SeichoTV
Casual Matches for fun times! Yay! c: Come vibe friends :3 ☯ | Love Questions and Anime! Ask up c: | Backseating okay!
1 Viewers
RespectVibes
RespectVibes
Casual Online Matches - Kilik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back