Yoshimitsu Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Say, any Yoshi players tried using 22_88K > 66B> DNK > 3B? It's a rather nice combo. Sometimes, it whiffs but most times it connects.

DNK doesn't make sense honestly since DOOR KNOCKER would be DoorKNocker not DoorkNocKer, you silly bitches and your weird names for shit.

1K>g>aB+K leads to some interesting tech traps.

After aB+K if you jump forward then grab the damage adds like a tech trap. Against back tech you get normal throws (around 105 damage), against side techs you get backthrows (around 125 damage). doesnt work on front tech.

But i've had no trouble teching and ducking the throw when i try it against myself so not sure how useful it is (although it would discourage side teching nicely with a backthrow/mid mix up).

1K>g>aB+K leads to some interesting tech traps.

After aB+K if you jump forward then grab the damage adds like a tech trap. Against back tech you get normal throws (around 105 damage), against side techs you get backthrows (around 125 damage). doesnt work on front tech.

But i've had no trouble teching and ducking the throw when i try it against myself so not sure how useful it is (although it would discourage side teching nicely with a backthrow/mid mix up).
CE catches all after 1K → a:B+K or any other face down head towards a:B+K splat.

1K > G > a:B+K > 2A+B (hold) > 444 or 666 depending on direction.

EDIT: Dat jump and grab after a:B+K is just so KreyGasm. Too flashy.

I tend to 1k > 2A+B on specific characters. Stepping to their left leads to free DNK + 3b(Except Astaroth you can just immediately dish it out). Just odd hitbox knowledge I guess, kinda like the Deathcopter/SDGF B shenanigans on the tall characters giving a free DNK.
Odd ring out potential here aside form 4AAAAA series.

Also, does anyone else ever step in a certain direction after CH 66b before the DNK?
If you quick step its a great way to decide which way you want to carry them about.

Just throwing out random Yoshi tips that I always believed people don't really care for. Kappa

I'll probably compile a thread on here someday about a bunch of random ass Yoshi facts/tips sometime.
I'm long overdue for posting what I've found about Yoshi and never talking about it..
I kinda spend too much time lurking rather then contributing to our small community. :sc1yos1:

Is it just me or does 1B+K trap into deathcopter trick on CH?

It does, but not as well as standard use. It does work better than 44A though. Difficult to justify using 1B+K to fish for CHs or even use it at all though.

I typically use 1B+K for frame traps with IMCF if anything, CH on it can be difficult to pull off unless they actually walk into it, which happens more often then you'd expect. Kappa
Its -6 as well as 2A+B(which people wait for the 1B+K part of it so sometimes, so its deceptive like 4aaaaa frame traps)so in certain times its a great bait against a good portion of the cast if they're close to a wall since the push back of 1B+K is pretty far.

I prefer 3B+K over 1B+K. It's slightly faster, forces crouch (I think), breaks the same, and is even better on block. Plus it launches on CH, meaning you still get a deathcopter setup thanks to a:B+K.

I prefer 3B+K over 1B+K. It's slightly faster, forces crouch (I think), breaks the same, and is even better on block. Plus it launches on CH, meaning you still get a deathcopter setup thanks to a:B+K.

Yeah, 3B+K is pretty good whereas 1B+K is pretty useless most times. If you have your opponent shook at the wall it isn't too bad since you can do some gnarly shit if you get a CH.

1B+K is situational depending on matchup, spacing, and mindset(What they're doing attacking, stepping, etc)
You could use 1B+K then backstep and see what they do. Its possible to whiff punish from this move as well so depending on the particular matchup, you have a couple options.
3B+K is just a -2 frame version of 4b. Its possible that people may not be as familiar with that move if since its used less that 4b, because of this its still possible to catch people in frame trap situations. Either way, both moves contribute different situations.

1B+K gives space(great against short/mid range enemies, whiff punish baits etc..), -6 on block(perfect place to bait an IMCF if they are near a wall), not as familiar frame wise to all players.

3B+K forces crouch, a semi known frame trap to a handful of players, -4 backstep can sometimes not be a good since WR attacks from a handful of the cast are generally quick and you're not pushed too far back after block. -4 gives the possibility of a frame trap situation. Won't always beat WR moves.

Its all very situational.. I'll whore out 1B+K(Specifically 2A+B and not the 1B+K part of it) into IMCF on sluggish opponents on the wall since they're generally slower, they technically will wait for the 1B+K part of it so it sometimes feels like its -3 honestly, and it TC most quick moves which usually are highs.

I'm drunk, sorry, but hopefully what I just said made sense. Kappa

Just use 4B in place of 1B+K and 3B+K...

4B is 2 frames slower than 3B+K but is 2 frames safer (-2). It leads to sort of the same knockdown and will actually frame trap everything but 2As.

1B+K is ok for safe guard gauge pressure since it pushes back, but it's also your safe oki mid for catching siderolls in one direction (2B catches the other sideroll direction). Or, you could pressure them with iMCF while piling on guard damage with 4B.

Back