Yoshimitsu Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

It does great Guard damage along with 4kb and 1k(I had a guard burst liste somewhere here.. ) See, the thing is I prefer 3B+K for matchup knowledge purposes. Think of it as a pop quiz. Whether they know its frame data, or they don't. Hell, people STILL block after getting hit by MED A(Don't lie, even I do it like its advantage on hit or something lol Kappa). Its a -2 version of 4b but EVERYONE knows that frame trap and has their own thoughts against it. This is more of a way to kinda JUST to see what they do. If I know I can beat what their following up with after that move, then its better to go for something 2 frames slower and get the same reward you'd get from a 4b traps.

3B W!>2A+BB>66A BE> iMCF>RCC 3B W!> Flea B+K>delayed tech trap Flea(B) W!>3B W!> bA 192 damage

or end with CE for 215 damage

Tech traps in all directions, though on side tech it will only rewall splat on left tech (depending on angle)

Obviously its a kind of convoluted set up but i thought it was fun an interesting so i figured i'd throw it out. Also it is character specific, havent really tested on anyone except astaroth and pyrrha, and it doesnt work on astaroth. He may be the only one, but i'd assume it just doesn't work on large characters. (for clarity the size of the character affects flea B+K hitting, not the tech trap itself)

how do you set up DNK in a wall combo?

Cause when I try and set one up it hits once then the rest of them just whiff.

What combos do you do?
I'd start it off with like 6K into iMCF then DNK.

But I have I've found that K6, 7_8_9 K, 66K, 2B+K~B, 4K, and Flea B give you DNK option for it to combo and for it to wall splat.

With the that fact these work they aren't the best set up for DNK.

Like 66K,6K, and 4K these moves depend on circular walls for then to be effective in landing DNK from it

I personality like 2B+K~B, and Flea B it dose not really matter what type of wall it is.

the thing about them is just Flea B has to be held down or CH then
2B+K~K has to be has to inputted
after a wall splat.

I found out a is really easy combo
leads off with 3B.

B3 W!, 2B+K~B, DNK W!, B3, K6

It around 100+ damage and anyone can do it !

Last edited:
I just don't know if I'm using it to the fullest potential.

As I see these DNK combos they can do a great deal of damage.

Just wondering how much damage I can get with it.

DNK won't connect after iMCF because iMCF leaves them kind of crouched when they are stunned. DNK starts with a mid hit and the next two hits after are high.
One common wall combo I have seen that involves DNK is: 3B, W!, 2A+BB, DNK, W!, iMCF, RCC 3B, a:B+K, DNK, 2K.
I don't think the iMCF is necessary though in the above combo.

So yeah, the reason why DNK won't connect sometimes (like after iMCF) is maybe because the opponent is in somewhat of a crouch state during the combo and the hits after the first hit of DNK are high.

DNK wallsplats so something like 8K w! 2A+BB DNK w! should work just fine.

Can someone test if CH 1B+K combos into DNK near the wall? And if 1B+K connects as a guard crush followup after CE breaks? I don't have a PS3 anymore. muh training :(

@Signia

They both work, this is a really good option if given the chance to do so.

The thing I like about it is you can get a deathchopper mix up out of it.

This leads into some big damage around
just about as much as Yoshi's CE itself.

I might just have to bite off your idea !

Yeah, every Yoshi should know about this !

@TwoSwords

Hmm I was hoping the DNK would wallsplat after CH 1B+K by the wall. Does that work at certain angles? Thanks btw.

If it doesn't wallsplat, then you should just 3B or 6K them into the normal wall combo.

If CH 1B+K DNK does wallsplat, you can't do 2A+BB in the combo since its stun is already used. The full combo should be CH 1B+K DNK iMCF 3B 3B+K a:B+K into your choice followup. A deathcopter setup is probably better than the 10ish damage you get with DNK 2K, but make sure you backstep in the right place or they can roll or tech under you.

@Signia

It works best went the wall has some curvature.

With doing this on a flat wall they tend to slip out.

Went this happens you can death chopper or 66A+B or whatever you like after a:B+K.

Take like the circular dome stages
the full combo works just fine.

As for this its still great to use
Yoshi's CE to break guard near the wall.

You get like 100+ damage either way if his CE lands or not with the fact you have to land the combo.

Last edited:
Yeah using CE to guard break in the right places has become a new stratagem of mine, haha. If their guard is red, it will almost always break if they block the CE. In that situation, if the CE ends up hitting, it results in an untechable knockdown, where 66A+B catches all rolls. If they block it, their guard has a good chance of breaking. They can GI it, but you can bait it and punish it by cancelling with G and 3Bing or cancelling to FLE and doing FLE K.

They can GI it, but you can bait it and punish it by cancelling with G and 3Bing or cancelling to FLE and doing FLE K.

And this is why we love Yoshimitsu.

@TwoSwords
I'm by no means a Yoshimitsu expert but the most damage I could get (meterless) at the wall using DNK was:
3B (or anything else that w!'s), 2A+BB, DNK w!, 3B, Earslicer, DNK, 2K for about 120 damage.

It gets messed up if the first DNK doesn't w! or if the Earslicer pushes them too far away from you. I don't know if it has to do with timing on the Earslicer or if it has to do with angle. If you can somehow tell that your opponent will be too far away for second DNK you can do 3B, 6K as ender for 110.

DNK in general seems kinda inconsistent to me though, so my go-to wallcombo lately has been 3B w!, 2A+BB, 3B w!, bA for 100~

DNK in general seems kinda inconsistent to me though, so my go-to wallcombo lately has been 3B w!, 2A+BB, 3B w!, bA for 100~
If you don't like the DNK or earslicer followups you could do W! 2A+BB, 3B w!, 3B+K 6K. I don't recommend bA since it causes a position change. You want to keep them by the wall afterward.

There's a few more about wall combos that should be known... like what to do on side wallsplats. Unless aligned properly, 2A+BB will push them too far away to connect anything (though DNK might reach further than you think). In this case, 66A+B is guaranteed but it's also a good place to opt for 8A+BG setups, similar to the situation after launch-a:B+K.

But if you recognize when 2A+BB will push them away, you can do better by realigning with some other wallsplatting move first. If the wall is to yoshi's left, you can 6K them straight into the wall. Otherwise, you can step into position and iMCF RCC 3B. After realigning, 2A+BB DNK won't wallsplat, since you've already done two, but it leads to a deathcopter setup or another DNK into 2K. It can be hard to step into iMCF so a third option would be w! 3B w! 3B+K 6K/a:B+K.

Another thing is low wallsplats. In these situations you can't 2A+BB or sometimes even 3B. This occurs after close-to-wall 66K, 4K, and 44B+K hits. Here you can iMCF and 3B into the normal combos. If unaligned, you should still be able to step-iMCF if you're quick enough.

Another option is resets. After the final wallsplat you can iMCF into some mid that leaves them standing. This gives up 25ish damage but puts them in a mixup. Do a wallsplatting mid or throw for a chance at more damage.

They should die in a little more than two wall combos, so how do you land them? Yoshi can push people around, literally, even on block with 33B B+K, 33B B+K A+B, 66K, and the 4A series. Once they're by the wall, you can attempt iMCF setups on small disadvantage and evade at larger disadvantage. Step-left 6K will splat them for using linear attacks or stepping for too long, iMCF RCC 3B will splat them for using highs or slow moves, and 8K will splat them for using lows, throws, or 2As.

GI is also very strong by the wall. With 66K as a followup, you risk little for getting re-GI'd. To beat re-GI you can wait to see a whiffed re-GI and 3B. 66K as your fast post-GI attack and 44B+K as your slow post-GI attack, you can splat them from further distances than if you do the standard 3B/delayed 3B.

With the damage and options to land wallsplats, Yoshi has the best wall game. Take advantage of it!

Bonus: on the cage stage, a wallsplat on the openable walls can be converted to a ringout with a very specific alignment of 3A BE into a:B+K DNK. You have to be just left of being perpendicular to the wall before hitting 3A BE. So, on a perpendicular wallsplat, it's possible to step left slightly and 3A BE them out. iMCF 3A BE works too if you have to step further into position where 3A won't come out in time but iMCF will.

has this tech trap setup been listed?

CH iMCF, WRK (tech trap) CE - left & front (144), back (154)

Could also work off a DGF cancel into CH WRK

I don't know if this has been figured out yet, too lazy to read all 18 pages, but pretty sure you can 4B into iFC3k or 3B+K into iFC3k. Catches all directions if I'm not mistaken, 70 something dmg if you RCC 3b, or you can use the untechable knockdown for whatever you want.

Hmm I was hoping the DNK would wallsplat after CH 1B+K by the wall. Does that work at certain angles? Thanks btw.

If it doesn't wallsplat, then you should just 3B or 6K them into the normal wall combo.

If CH 1B+K DNK does wallsplat, you can't do 2A+BB in the combo since its stun is already used. The full combo should be CH 1B+K DNK iMCF 3B 3B+K a:B+K into your choice followup. A deathcopter setup is probably better than the 10ish damage you get with DNK 2K, but make sure you backstep in the right place or they can roll or tech under you.
Ok after testing, it's easy to see that's not worth it. It does the same damage as more reliable options. I have found new and better guard crush followups, though.

Step into position and 6K -- after most guard crushes you have time to step and 6K. It leads to a wall combo in the 160s: 6K W! iMCF RCC 3B W! 2A+BB DNK 3B a:B+K DNK. Remember to realign before you iMCF and do various other things I listed in that last big post so you don't drop it.

DNK -- Wallsplats from a very long distance. Also works up close, but the angle can get messed up if the wall is to your right. Then again, you can realign just like you can with 6K, as they are both i15. The full combo is DNK W! iMCF RCC 3B W! 2A+BB DNK DNK. Three DNKs in there, so three chances to clean hit. Combo damage range is about 145-152.

Back