Yoshimitsu Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I've noticed that CH 6a4 can be followed by iMCF when your opponent is facing away or 6bBE for a stun on either one. Is it still possible to RCC into 3b? Otherwise I just use it to combo into JF1k's or CE (waste of meter in my opinion but looks flashy to me). If 6a4 seems a little too unsafe, it can always be started with WH 7_8_9k

Last edited:
I've noticed that CH 6a4 can be followed by iMCF when your opponent is facing away or 6bBE for a stun on either one. Is it still possible to RCC into 3b? Otherwise I just use it to combo into JF1k's or CE (waste of meter in my opinion but looks flashy to me). If 6a4 seems a little too unsafe, it can always be started with WH 7_8_9k
Yeah you can still RCC 3B, and then a:B+K will give you best followup (2(A+B)66) because they're backturned).

:) thanks. Life steal and ear slicing will be fun to practice. Never tried RCC before either so it's gonna be a long night of practicing that.

I've had the biggest problem nailing Imcf after this.. The only way I can ever pull something like this off is if I use 4bBE IF and they are facing you after the life steal. This ones guranteed, but using the Brave Edge version when they're not facing you tends to not connect half the time frame datas weird like that.

As most of you know, when your opponent is at low health (24 or lower), they take half damage if the attack does 20 damage or less (base damage). This also applies during combos. A lot of Yoshi's combo enders involve a bunch of light attacks, like 6B+KBBB and 2(A+B)6(6). Even though the difference can be very small (usually only 4-6 damage) you generally want to avoid those enders and do the alternative enders, even they usually do less damage. 2A+B66 is an especially bad ender after Deathcopter hits a standing opponent, even 3B is better. CE is mostly unaffected, since the last two hits do 21 damage.

To test this in training mode you have to get the training dummy's health bar low without resetting, which done by having some attack or stance active at all times. For example, do 3B 6K, buffer B+K, hit G and buffer 3B 6K, buffer B+K, hit G, etc, walking forward in FLE if you have to.

Some fun tech traps.

CH 3B+K:
- 1K catches left and right (maybe front too). full combo > 1/2 life (127 I think).
- 33A+B catches back/front and I think left. Might not work on every char, maybe the same ones that 66A+B can catch after 3B a:B+K. iMCF RCC 3B combo over half life.

New roll catching/force block tech:
After 4KB, step (88) 1B+K will catch rollers to one side (left if I recall) and 88A+B will catch to the other. Not tested on every char but good to know for that extra 44dmg on certain rolls.

Last edited:
I found this weird character specific combo after 1K to were if you tap an input of 6 Yoshimitsu back steps under them for a:B+K. Keep in mind for this back step to work you have to tap 6 right around the 1K animation connects and is just about to end for this to work. You'll know if you did correctly once you see Yoshimitsu stand up and back step to the side he used 1K on.Once you see the back step use a:b+k and if its hits you either get your standard 3B Ear Slicer setup or they will land back turned for 2(A+B)6(6). I've tried this on Xiba, Z.W.E.L, Ezio, Cervantes, and Pyrrha so far. Certain characters won't allow you or make it insanely hard for to back step this way. I suggest (if interested) you start testing this on Xiba or Cervantes just to get a feel for it since these characters are easiest the to pull this off on. Note that I don't if anyone has found this out already just thought I'd post something here just encase. Also the back step 6 into a:B+K will not connect with Xiba but it will on Cervantes.

2(A+B) ~ Flea B+K ~ Flea B works as a combo on certain characters (confirmed on Z.W.E.L). for this to work their back has to be touching ring edge or wall plus you have to be fairly close them as well. It makes for a pretty deadly wall combo and good ring out combo if you get this to work.

Yeah - I messed about with this tech once before but best use I could find was to use a direction to angle your 4:A series for ringouts.

With a press of 2 or 8, you can control the direction the airborne opponent ends up travelling (useful if say you manage to get 1K hit perpendicular to a ring edge).

I think the back-stepping under will also be dependent on the distance when 1K hits

@rudeb0y

Okay, I was thinking the same with ring out set ups. You could apply this 1K combo off a post-GI move to beat out re-GIs. On the plus side it looks pretty cool if you can pull it off! Also I've been using 33A+B as oki after 6K. From my time using this a lot of people like to back roll after 6K for some reason ending up in iMCF combo for big damage.

dude- love what you are saying but this is to .. situational SWould love to hear the opinions of the forum.. I'm aout toi rant in a sec..

4: A : A : A : A : A Stone Fist when recovered leads into CE tech trap. It catches front & back on everyone right & left are character specific. Leads to good damage about around 160+ if they eat a full counter hit Stone Fist. I've tested this on the whole cast and will leave a list later for anyone that wants test this further. Haven't actually used this in game yet but seems pretty situational. Maybe I can see this hitting if someone was trying to tech out as an attempt to protect a badly damaged guard gauge. With all that said I still found it to be a fun tech trap to play around with.

Somebody should do a write up on the character specific iMCF 66A BE combos. Just iMCF 66A BE bA does like 80-90 which is great for half a bar. I know it works on bigger characters but I haven't done much research. I know after 33A+B iMCF at an angle whiff punish it works cast wide.

@mkl

Here you go dude.

iMCF ~ 66A BE ~ bA Combo

Works on :

Tira
Dampierre
Voldo
Astaroth
Nightmare
Aeon (hits but no AT Animation)
Pyrrha Omega(only if iMCF CHs tip range)
Pyrrha ( same as Omega )
Algol
Zwel
Natsu
Raphael

66A BE whiffs on :
Ivy
Xiba
Cervantes
Hilde
Siegfried
Both patrokloses
Mitsurugi
Yoshimitsu
Leixia
Ezio
Viola
Maxi

33A+B added to this combo is pretty good damage !

Last edited:
Reactions: mkl
Here's the CE tech trap list form recovered 4: A : A : A : A : A

CE catches front & back on :
Everyone

Right tech on :
Mitsurugi
Yoshimitsu
Astaroth
Dampierre
Pyrrha Omega
Algol
Alpha Patroklos
Patroklos
ZWEI
Natsu
Ezio
Raphael
Viola
Pyrrha
Siegfried
Hilde
Xiba
Ivy
Cervantes
Aeon
Tira
Nightmare

Left tech on :
Siegfried
Hilde
Ivy
Cervantes
Nightmare

Keep in mind that most of the cast that left tech are inconsistent as well some for right tech too. All these should work but ill add the inconsistent ones later to this list.

As for combos off CH 66B or 66B what's your main follow up? Cause I've found that 2(A+B)6(6) is pretty awesome due to how much push back it gives comparing to DNK. This follow up does more damage along with applying ring out pressure. I've been using for a while now it seems pretty good only thing is it can't ring out like DNK. :(

I think I found a decent use for the for this combo ( 3B ~ a:B+K ~ 1B+K ). Meter in some scenarios can be very game changing with his CE being i16 and giving you 110 damage. Now, since 1B+K has good knockback after a:B+K you can get three free hops ( maybe more ) backwards in Flea stance. This combo and the Flea hops gives close half a bar with a few ticks away for a Brave Edge while keeping more than safe distance away from your opponent. I recommend trying this out a few times; it works well for me and can be super clutch too !

Has anybody else here had experience with 3B > Single A > Earslicer comboing for some reason? Idk if it's air controllable or not but I've found that if you mess up an earslicer and end up getting a standing A, you'll sometimes have enough time to land a second attempt at the earslicer.

I haven't taken it to training mode, but it has occured multiple times when playing against my friend who plays Leixia/Cervantes. For that reason I don't think it's a character specific thing whatsoever.

Back