Anti-Character Discussion

Alright, i think we should talk about Yoda. As i'm sure you'd all agree, this fight is just retarded. Most of you best options are useless, so you need to get really comfortable with the B and G button. My arsenal tends to be limited to:

44B
RO B (sometimes whiffs on Yoda, how fun)
BB
3B
2A
11B

Doesn't that sound like a fun fight. Anyways, what do you guys do, other than just go grab Siegfried and spam 3B like theres no tomorrow.

Grab Astaroth and spam 22B until I break the little fucker's gauge lol. Really though, 33K works pretty well on him from range also, and like the poster above says, 1B is your friend.

Alright, i think we should talk about Yoda. As i'm sure you'd all agree, this fight is just retarded. Most of you best options are useless, so you need to get really comfortable with the B and G button. My arsenal tends to be limited to:

44B
RO B (sometimes whiffs on Yoda, how fun)
BB
3B
2A
11B

Doesn't that sound like a fun fight. Anyways, what do you guys do, other than just go grab Siegfried and spam 3B like theres no tomorrow.

all those yes are a must. also:

4A+B
4BBK
LI B
2B+K B
and it seems since yoda jumps over you quite a but. BT B+K is usually easily done.

your right though. Its a boring fight bound to the B buttons

I need help with lizardmans crawl bullshit. First off to deal with a lizardman that is constantly hacking at my ankles is a bitch to deal with. online makes it worse. I know everyone reading this is thinking "just 2A him" but as soon as he sees that im crouching for the 2A I get a flip to the head. and lizardmans "constant hacking at ankles" move has a slightly longer reach the my 2A.

A+B, 4A+B, work fine so long as im at mid range, but when he is right at my feet, I usually eat quite a bit till he stands up again.

HELP!!!

I actually tried that last night, but got hit everytime. dunno if i could chalk that up to it being online and lag had a factor in it. but the 4B seem to slow to beat out his !17 move. Can we call that an "online lag tactic" of lizardmans? ill do some shit in training mode later!

well hotroddave as this is an anti-character thread id say maxi aint got the tools lol. try cass against lizardface, ive never had trouble against him

i dont play cass, nor do i think i want to. Maxi has the tools. its just a matter of finding out what they are. someone knows. 4B is probablly the right one, just gotta do the work son!!

I actually tried that last night, but got hit everytime. dunno if i could chalk that up to it being online and lag had a factor in it. but the 4B seem to slow to beat out his !17 move. Can we call that an "online lag tactic" of lizardmans? ill do some shit in training mode later!
One other slightly more risky option is to just jump over Lizzie when you anticipate a low from crawl.

You can also get out of the way by 8wrinng diagonally. (I think.)

Try throw out fast mid , 2A sometimes would be beat out by his TJ moves.
Lz's LC B ,LC K both has TJ frame on it.

some example:
If you got hit by LC A on NH, 2A trade with another LC A. (well , if your opponent using too much LC A which is low, 9K him, :))) )
If you block his LC K(BS+2~3 ) using fast mid ,K series will be better, since LC A+B can't GI K.
I am sure you will find out more.

--------------
Again ~ LC A+K ,B is the only trouble ...hard to see it ..safe. damage low , free mixup.

One other slightly more risky option is to just jump over Lizzie when you anticipate a low from crawl.

You can also get out of the way by 8wrinng diagonally. (I think.)

8way running jsut gets me hit also. its to fast to get out of the way of (at least online) I think it tracks a little to.

you can really only 8wayrun away from crawl if the lizzy is retarded and does it from a distance. And as for jumping it, what do you jump it with? JP K? I can never really trust JP K when it comes to punishing moves that stay crouched after recovery, it seems to whiff half the time (for example, try doing JP K over Asta 1A). JP B is just to slow to punish and JP A is high i believe. Unless you mean just jump over to his back, but i really hate that stupid backturn roll shit, it always catches me. Anyone know the frame data on that, it seems to be missing from the wiki.

When I jump, I tend to just jump over Liz. All Lizzie can really do is that backwards roll or try to get out of BT. Last time I landed, turned, and hit the Lizzie with B+KBBBBA. (Not ideal I know, but it worked at the time.)

Back