Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
This video pleases me.

Everything except that the colours are too much aesthetically, we see green, blue and red states which makes following the animation of the character much harder to appreciate.

I was hoping for more than 2 character reveals, but it was a great trailer. I'm not sure how I feel about Viola let, but I'm liking Astaroth new grab!
I'm ready for more news about this game!

OMG everything is looking FABULOUS!! I love the outfit design for Astaroth! He is vicious as ever! Did you guys see those stages?!?! Those are looking hot right? I mean the people in the black cloaks at the coliseum?! Outta bounds! Ok, now time for the new character, Viola. First off, i love how you guys are CONVINCED that this new chick is Amy. Well get this, I'm CONVINCED that its not. Now before you go off on me, listen why. I say this because whether you want to admit it or not, Amy was a secondary character in the fourth installment. I mean guys her 2p costume was her 1p in negative effects or colors or whatever. Second off, why wouldn't they reveal Raphael before Amy, because technically Amy came from him. And finally, why wouldn't they just say that Amy lost her memory? I mean they said that Ivy did not age, and that she is a shell of what she used to be. So guys, can we wait it out till we get some more info, and then make assumptions about new characters? Y'all member how you did Z.W.E.I? Thought he was a werewolf? U was close, but the thang is his fighting buddy, #2.

YAY, woohoo! I knew Astaroth(who btw looks bad a$$) was going to be in the game. So speaking of "cloned" characters does this mean no Rock?!? I hope so, I want to see Bangoo(sp?). And Viola does not appear to be a memory lost Amy. Sorry. I think that Z.W.E.I and Viola are two new characters that are working together like it says above. Viola actually reminded me somewhat of Ivy (in design). The hand thing. . .(just on different hands) , white/light violet hair but young. . .? Anyone notice this as well?
I agree! And if it is Amy, why didn't she age? I believe this New Hotness is going to replace Amy...Just saying

I LOVE Astaroth's stage. But what is it? A shrine of some sort?
Astaroth's stage has always been the Kenpaetu(sp?) Shrine, albeit in different forms.

About Viola:

There is definitely a possibility of her being our sweet Amy, but there's still the possibility of her NOT being Amy. We'll just have to wait and see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLIMHrkk1k

In this video the guy scrolls through all of the stages. I counted 27-28 of them. Looks like each character will have a stage dedicated to them this time.

Also, in the stage that they choose, the coliseum, the narrator says "A new nightmare approaches the fortress of wind". Could this be a hint to Talim being in the game? Perhaps it's Talim's homeland?

I think I counted 30! Lends even more weight to individual stages - Bloody brilliant!

Live streams

4 Viewers
SeichoTV
SeichoTV
Few Ranked matches while buzzed. Come vibe friends :3 ☯ | Love Questions and Anime! Ask up c: |

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back