Guess The Next Character Reveal(s)!

Regarding DLC characters, i think we might see Hilde, Setsuka, Cassandra, Viola (Even if Amy is included), and maybe Algol.

E3's gonna be big. It would explain their slow releases of 1 character trailer per month. They even stopped making those character breakdown videos, lol. I think we're gonna see AT LEAST 3 characters revealed there (Talim & Groh's Papi most likely), either a story mode or Character Creation tease, and the release date. That's my prediction for E3.

As for May, idk.... it really can be anyone, so i'm sticking with Edge Master.

But if they sell all three Koreans as DLC, then the question becomes who Talim will travel with and what her story would be, which is where Yun-seong would be useful. Unless they just totally rewrite Talim's story, of course, and they could certainly do that.

The way I see it they could've had Talim cure Necrid from his curse after Soul Calibur II. Though because of copyright issues we won't see him ever again and it is theorized that Talim accidently killed him after she purified him. Which would explain why she seems meek in subsequent games.

One way I see her being involved in this new timeline is for her to be involved with some of the other characters like Kilik's group, helping out Siegrfried and/or teaming up with Taki seeing how they both want to get rid of Soul Edge.

Another thing I had in mind is if they have her travel with someone new like Bangoo. He is trying to look for his dad and they meet each other and decide to travel with each other.

Also, another thing I had in mind is that Rock was captured by the cult and instead of making Astaroth based off from him they actually turn him into Astaroth. It will be part of her mission to purify him. This is something I could see them doing.

I’m in the same boat haha I’m gonna assume that E3 will have a big character drop

June - Tira, Talim, Amy, Maxi
July - Edge Lord's dad, Cervantes
August - Cassandra, Raphael, Voldo, Asta, Yoshi
September - 2B

DLC - Setsuka, Hilde, Algol, Hwang, Mina
Well...updating this since we got two characters in May.

June (E3) - Tira, Talim, Daddy Edglord, Maxi, Amy
July - Cervantes, Cassandra, Voldo
August - Raphael, Yun, Asta,
September - 2B

DLC - Setsuka, Hilde, Algol, Hwang, Mina

My Roster Prediction and their month of reveal:

01. Mitsurugi (December 2017)
02. Sophitia (December 2017)
03. Grøh (January 2018)
04. Nightmare (January 2018)
05. Xianghua (January 2018)
06. Kilik (January 2018)
07. Ivy (February 2018)
08. Zasalamel (February 2018)
09. Geralt (March 2018)
10. Siegfried (April 2018)
11. Taki (May 2018)
12. Yoshimitsu (May 2018)

13. New Character (June 2018)
14. Astaroth (June 2018)
15. Maxi (June 2018)
16. Talim (June 2018)

17. Aeon (July 2018)
18. Raphael (July 2018)

19. Cervantes (August 2018)
20. Hwang (August 2018)
21. Tira (August 2018)
22. Voldo (August 2018)

23. Rock (September 2018)
24. Seong Mi-na (September 2018)

25. Cassandra (October 2018)
26. Yun-Seong (October 2018)
27. Amy (October 2018)
28. Edge Master (October 2018)

29. Li-Long (November 2018) - DLC
30. Setsuka (November 2018) - DLC
31. Hilde (November 2018) - DLC
32. Z.W.E.I. (November 2018) - DLC

For this upcoming E3 in June, it would be safe to say that a new character would be revealed if there are to be any more new characters. It would also make sense to reveal Talim since she is the most voted character and E3 is the perfect stage to appeal to the more mainstream fans. During EVO 2018 in August, we should expect another big reveal and it would make sense to reveal Hwang who is missed character that a more niche audience such as those attending EVO would really appreciate to see return. In this list, I also paired up popular characters with less popular characters to be revealed in the same month to keep the hype steady while also pushing "clone" (not really clones) characters to be revealed in the later half of the year and ending with Edge Master. In this prediction, I also made sure to include all characters from SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II minus Charade, Inferno, Necrid, and Guest Characters since it was stated that they are adding characters appropriate to the timeline (SoulCalibur) and that the story will span through SoulCalibur II, which of course is the most successful entry of the franchise.

As for the initial DLC, since this game celebrates the series' 20th anniversary, I figure that they would release each DLC as Li-Long from Soul Edge, Setsuka from SoulCalibur III, Hilde from SoulCalibur IV, and Z.W.E.I. from SoulCalibur V in order.

I'm guessing that the initial size of the roster for SoulCalibur VI will be 28 characters which is the same as when SoulCalibur IV launched, excluding the bonus characters and one of the guest character locked for DLC. On the other hand, SoulCalibur V had 25 characters with one character locked as DLC so 26 if launch DLC counts. This should still be a very balanced roster size especially when compared to Tekken 7 which launched with 36 characters or 37 if pre-ordered. How it would look in the character select screen is that you would add two slots to the top empty corners, three slots on the middle left and right sides, and Create-a-Soul and Random Select on the bottom empty left and right corner. This would leave four empty slots for the four initial DLC characters and will probably expand further for any additional DLC.

My release date prediction is late October or early November.

Last edited:
Another idea that they might do at E3, they may reveal Maxi and Hwang, along with going into the revamped custom creation system, and give a tutorial of sorts showing how advanced it is, which allows you to transform Maxi and Hwang into Li Long and Yun-seong.

I'll go with Lizzy, talim, edge daddy and idk, maybe Cass if she's in, if not Cervantes. Then the CaS. Yaaas

I wanna see Maxi or Astaroth next. I hope there will be more than one character reveal at least at E3 or maybe some bic guest character reveal or something.

Yes! called it, both the character and the reveal date wit Maxi, now.,,E3's last day is exactly 2 weeks from now, so I guess that means the next trailer is gonna be shown on E3...? in that case, I'm gonna have to bet on Talim, but I'm not sure she's the only reveal, we'll probably see more than that, I'm guessing a story trailer, it can include characters that are yet to be revealed.

Next one just has to be Astaroth, it's only fitting after revealng Maxi.

My guess would have to be Astaroth for the rivalry or possibly Cervantes to fit the pirate theme. E3 should be very interesting and hopefully we'll see a lot more slots in the character select screen for the next build. For E3, I'm expecting a new character and Talim to maximize the hype.

I'm honestly hoping to see Hwang but if Namco is going to reveal him, it's going to make the most sense to do so in EVO where it's mostly going to be long-time fans tuning in rather than mainstream fans more familiar with Yun-seong.

E3 will be a big reveal like Groh, NM, Kilik, X
I guess it's Grohs Daddy, Cervantes, Astha, Aeon

I really want Edge Daddy to be revealed, mostly just to see what weapon he is using. Other than Edge Daddy, i'm mostly Expectin Talim, Asta (if he is not revealed before hand) and then either cervantes or some weird curveball no one was expecting (like mi-na or hilde for example), to show they really are trying to listen to us.

The ones I'm expecting at this point and want to be shown next are Talim, Voldo and Astaroth.

The ones I am hoping for are Hilde, Yun Seong and Cassandra.

With that I will be happy.

I suspect some of these five for E3 reveals: Astaroth, Tira, Voldo, Talim, Cervantes. Wouldn't catch me complaining tho if Cassandra or Raphael (or both!) were announced. Crosses fingers

My updated predictions:

01. Mitsurugi (December 2017)
02. Sophitia (December 2017)
03. Grøh (January 2018)
04. Nightmare (January 2018)
05. Xianghua (January 2018)
06. Kilik (January 2018)
07. Ivy (February 2018)
08. Zasalamel (February 2018)
09. Geralt (March 2018)
10. Siegfried (April 2018)
11. Taki (May 2018)
12. Yoshimitsu (May 2018)
13. Maxi (June 2018)

14. New Character (June 2018)
15. Astaroth (June 2018)
16. Talim (June 2018)

17. Aeon (July 2018)
18. Raphael (July 2018)

19. Cervantes (August 2018)
20. Hwang (August 2018)
21. Tira (August 2018)
22. Voldo (August 2018)

23. Rock (September 2018) - Unlock
24. Seong Mi-na (September 2018) - Unlock

25. Amy (October 2018) - Unlock
26. Cassandra (October 2018) - Unlock
27. Yun-Seong (October 2018) - Unlock
28. Edge Master (October 2018) - Unlock

29. Li-Long (November 2018) - DLC
30. Setsuka (November 2018) - DLC
31. Hilde (November 2018) - DLC
32. Z.W.E.I. (November 2018) - DLC

Having 28 characters for SoulCalibur VI at launch makes a lot of sense to me since SoulCalibur IV had 29 characters excluding bonus characters and SoulCalibur V had 28 characters. It would be pretty disappointing to go much lower than that. I'm predicting Rock, Seong Mi-na, Amy, and Yun-Seong to be unlockable characters since their moveset are derived from other characters (yes, I know some of them are the original one and I excluded Siegfried because of his significance). Edge Master would be an unlockable character as well since he is a mimic character.

so, only a few hours til we get a new character reveal, what are your guesses?

Mine is Astaroth.

Back