Harada Teases SOULCALIBUR VI on Twitter?

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I'm in no dire need for a Soulcalibur VI so I'm fine waiting a little longer, the series has run it's course for a while now. I would like to see a Soulcalibur game that doesn't focus on the two swords again but maybe the different adventures of the characters? Plus I would get rid of the cheap critical finishes, kill Patroklos offscreen and bring back Cassandra, Talim, Zasalamel and the rest, and only have one mimic character not 3. :)

The Cassandra/Sophitia moveset or the Setsuka moveset? Seriously I tried playing arcade recently and goddamn, Patsuka was so bloody cheap with me. :/

The Cassandra/Sophitia moveset or the Setsuka moveset? Seriously I tried playing arcade recently and goddamn, Patsuka was so bloody cheap with me. :/

Sword and Shield Pat, much better than Cassandra.
also as an experienced online-only player. Setsuka/aPat aren't too cheap.

<<< You can tell where my fanboyism lies. XD Although I wish they didn't change her moveset in 3, she was much faster in 2. In fact 2 was faster than 5 for me. :P

Not many care for Pat. Pyrrha...would PS bring HER back? What if the siblings lived happy lives after they destroyed the Soul Swords and when both swords may revive, they might not know about it, so would they come back to fight in a new sequel? All of that was just a theory.

I very much doubt aPat would make a return, but if Setsuka was to make a comeback, what BS story will PS conjure up for the story of her return? (like they did with IVY for V) How would they depict her even being in a condition to battle at her then age? I'll have to look at her ranking in that character poll again. I DO remember Sets is not in the top three, so fans of Setsuka, BOTHER the HELL out of SOMEBODY in any way you can to have her brought back. ("HUP", I JUST looked it up and she's #20.)... did she have a student?...

Cassandra I can understand story-wise how she could return.
I do not know with Sophitia only because I'm still not clear about her fate after the end of SCIV.

Taki...in the popularity poll... IS in the top three. Taki may replace Natsu for all the Taki fans care (I mean the Taki fans that remain her fans for the sake of comparing her to Natsu.) If that were to happen in the/a new canon sequel,... then what the frack was the point in having Natsu even exist on V at all? In that case, PS just should have had Taki on SCV AND just bring her AGAIN for SC6.
Now Natsu on the other hand may only have her 15 minutes of fame on V. Sorry Natsu peeps. But if they bring Natsu in the next game... WITH TAKI RETURNING as well, PS may have a suitable story for that. What if the Arahabaki demon takes Natsu completely over? Taki, wherever she is in the western ?hemisphere was it?.. will go back to destroy the demon: consequently killing Natsu in the process. The movelist BETWEEN the two should be as different as... well... how Pyrrha Omega is to Pyrrha. Nat could be souped up -- ("AAAHHHH"), and Tak could be all..."I banish you, demon!" Keep Taki's moveset as original to SCIV as possible with some new moves, the moves that are shared amongst the two characters if the input commands differ (SCIV Taki's and SCV Natsu's) stay different, and if Natsu returns, make her... well... "AAAHHHH!"
Age?: for Taki?:... there CAN be an excuse for that. Doesn't she have some kind of supernatural powers anyway? If I'm wrong, educate me on this. If that won't be the determining factor, she does have the Mekki-Maru weapon, the one weapon she has that is tainted by the cursed blade, which could have her keep her at a young looking age. Wait... was that what they did with...Ivy?

Talim?: I don't need to state ANY theories about her returning... for many reasons.

DAMN, I would HOPE that they would bring back Kilik like he was with his original style, but I don't know canon-wise how that would be possible. If anyone here can think of someway, please tell ME.

Mimics I will not start on. I no longer know where to go with the subject...

People might have read about what I thought about Yun-seong. That could be easy for PS! (I'm sorry. Yes, he is irrelevant here because I think no one has mentioned him. My fault)

Zas AND Yoshimitsu?: well... piece of cake.

And by the way, I also do not mind waiting longer for an announcement. I will challenge friends online for V, IV or on SCIIHDO just so I can try to improve in the game in general. I'm a scrub-vet. My immediate goal for now is to improve in SC LONG before even a peep of an announcement for the new canon game is brought up.

The story is too hectic to continue on. We need a reboot, imo.

Also
I very much doubt aPat would make a return, but if Setsuka was to make a comeback, what BS story will PS conjure up for the story of her return? (like they did with IVY for V) How would they depict her even being in a condition to battle at her then age? I'll have to look at her ranking in that character poll again. I DO remember Sets is not in the top three, so fans of Setsuka, BOTHER the HELL out of SOMEBODY in any way you can to have her brought back. ("HUP", I JUST looked it up and she's #20.)... did she have a student?...
Setsuka is the only one who truly worries me. She's a huge favorite of mine and not having her or her bladed umbrella again would really suck. I'd be totally fine with a replacement that still has the bladed umbrella. It makes the style what it is. Plus way more uniqueness.
tAG_127195.jpg

ZenithOmocha.full.1657054.jpg

But if they bring Natsu in the next game... WITH TAKI RETURNING as well..The movelist BETWEEN the two should be as different as Sophitia is from Cassandra.
Fixed. Or as different as Siegfried is from Nightmare, if you will.
I don't want another Seong Mina-Kilik Scenario. The Ninja world is vast with many different techniques and fighting styles. They can pull together two Ninjas with completely different Playstyles if they wanted to. I don't want anything close to clones in the next game.

Age?: for Taki?:... there CAN be an excuse for that.
>Implying age matters in a fighting game.

Last edited:
[..] >Implying age matters in a fighting game.

I could say that many things don't matter in fighting games but here we are, reading complaints about Patroklos' personality, physics based on fantasy etc. I agree that's all feedback, although it needs filter and examining.

I could say that many things don't matter in fighting games but here we are, reading complaints about Patroklos' personality, physics based on fantasy etc. I agree that's all feedback, although it needs filter and examining.
Pardon me, i don't get the point you're trying to make.
Unlike age, a personality doesn't affect the physique of a human being.
Maybe i wasn't clear on my earlier post: I don't think age should matter in a fighting game. In other words, a character should not be axed because he or she is "too old". If freaking Voldo can do what he does at 67, then 46 definitely isn't too old for a demon-sealing Ninja. She's the same age as Mitsurugi and he still kicks ass.
I don't hear anyone saying ______ should be axed cause his personality is _____. It's probably just dislike. But not the point where someone says it's a reason for ______ to not belong in the next installment.
Like, i can't picture Hoshino going: "We decided not to include Patroklos in SC6 'cause he's a cocky bitch" lol. Then again......

With the deteriorating quality of fighting games lately, I am not really sure want my favorite series go even lower, I blame the too much attention on competitive scene and too much catgirls.
SFV: almost 0 offline content
Tekken 6: pretty cool campaign mode, but could be better, wearing weird/horrible clothing set for stats

With the deteriorating quality of fighting games lately, I am not really sure want my favorite series go even lower, I blame the too much attention on competitive scene and too much catgirls.
Tekken 6: pretty cool campaign mode, but could be better, wearing weird/horrible clothing set for stats
how exactly is this the competitive scenes fault?

Proof Namco is the worst company on planet Earth. Tekken 6 is easily the worst game in the series for this. Why does Lars wear a shirt?? Why does Devil Jin have strange accessories??? Why can Kazuya become a robot?? WHY OH WHY NAMCO DID YOU MAKE SUCH A BAD TEKKEN?! Series ruined. /s

The story is too hectic to continue on. We need a reboot, imo.

I agree. Personally, i think SC5 really convoluted the continuity. I followed the production on SC5 a lot, and during the first few months of production, Daishi seemed to be full of ideas, claiming every character would get their own story, and then at some point it became clear that they were seriously rushing production, pulling it from a summer release all the way to February, just so that it wouldn't come out too close to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
They dropped individual character storymode, and the storymode we did get was like 90% just stills/image based nonsense about Patroklos whining about how much he *loves his sister. *ew.
Nothing about the newcomers was actually explained. They just pop-up out of nowhere.

As a fighting game, Soul Calibur 5 was great, but everything around it showed many signs of a rushed project.

From what i understood back then, Namco never even intended to make a 5th game, and SCIV was supposed to be the canonical ending of the franchise. But then fans started some petition online, and i think it was Daishi who convinced Namco to make another one.

The fact that Lost Swords brought back so many fan-favorite characters kinda tells me that they know they kinda F-ed up with SC5.

I just hope that if they do make another one, they somehow find a way to retcon SC5. A 17 year-time jump could have worked if they set it up properly. Introduced the new characters naturally through the story, and not just go "Here's some blond girl who looks like Taki, and some kid who looks like Kilik, and a woman who looks suspiciously like Amy Sorel, have fun with them! Bubai!"

Live streams

5 Viewers
duskybook342150
duskybook342150
💙🙃💋 adult content [18+] and 420 friendly, 🎙️mic optional
1 Viewers
blue_beards_ultimate_time
blue_beards_ultimate_time
CAN YOU STOP THE EVIL BLUE BEARD MY VIEWERS GIVE IT YOUR BEST AND HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back