Harada Teases SOULCALIBUR VI on Twitter?

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I agree. Personally, i think SC5 really convoluted the continuity. I followed the production on SC5 a lot, and during the first few months of production, Daishi seemed to be full of ideas, claiming every character would get their own story, and then at some point it became clear that they were seriously rushing production, pulling it from a summer release all the way to February, just so that it wouldn't come out too close to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
They dropped individual character storymode, and the storymode we did get was like 90% just stills/image based nonsense about Patroklos whining about how much he *loves his sister. *ew.
Nothing about the newcomers was actually explained. They just pop-up out of nowhere.

As a fighting game, Soul Calibur 5 was great, but everything around it showed many signs of a rushed project.

From what i understood back then, Namco never even intended to make a 5th game, and SCIV was supposed to be the canonical ending of the franchise. But then fans started some petition online, and i think it was Daishi who convinced Namco to make another one.

The fact that Lost Swords brought back so many fan-favorite characters kinda tells me that they know they kinda F-ed up with SC5.

I just hope that if they do make another one, they somehow find a way to retcon SC5. A 17 year-time jump could have worked if they set it up properly. Introduced the new characters naturally through the story, and not just go "Here's some blond girl who looks like Taki, and some kid who looks like Kilik, and a woman who looks suspiciously like Amy Sorel, have fun with them! Bubai!"
I think SC6 will happen after the events of SC4, otherwise, whats the point of using SC4 Astaroth in lost swords? They also bring the Nightmare logo back.

I think SC6 will happen after the events of SC4, otherwise, whats the point of using SC4 Astaroth in lost swords? They also bring the Nightmare logo back.

I would love that. Infact... can we make it so that some dude from the future comes to that point in time and changes the timeline, and reboot Soul Calibur Star Trek style?

That's rather interesting.

Amy said this: "..."Here's some blond girl who looks like Taki,..."
There could be an explanation for that (I don't think I'll tell).
I've talked with @Soul about PS bringing Taki back for 6 to replace Natsu, then what was the point in having Natsu exist in SCV at all? PS could just have had Taki on V and that'd be that. If both ninjas were in a new installment, story-wise, I can understand how that would work.

It would be good if someone back to the past and prevent sophitia from having any kids.
Zasalamel would be perfect for the job.

Last edited:
The only reason Natsu was in SCV was because of Daishi, and he's long gone now. I think Hoshino knows which characters are best for the series, hence why the old cast have been promoted over the new. He even said SCIV was an incredible game.

The only reason Natsu was in SCV was because of Daishi, and he's long gone now. I think Hoshino knows which characters are best for the series, hence why the old cast have been promoted over the new. He even said SCIV was an incredible game.
"Taki is too old to be a ninja" - Daishi Odashima

Natsu > Taki in all but chest size.
really.jpg

lol, why? Cause she's not Taki?
I just like that Natsu has an actual personality and isn't just another "die and begone" generic assassin character.
Now you have a point. That's why is always better to explain why you think that way.
I prefer Taki because at least she have a good developed backstory. Unlike Natsu and all the newcomers.
But I agree with you, Taki is a bit generic and I guess kinda boring. I actually enjoy Natsu quotes way more than Taki's.

Then I'm not really sure where your comment has come from, it wasn't a bad game at all (excluding unusually stupid guest characters).
The movement felt like mud and the balancing was questionable. That was my main beef. But to each his own I suppose

Live streams

18 Viewers
noxdeanoctis
noxdeanoctis
Good morning for some SC!
1 Viewers
ApolloXXXCreed
ApolloXXXCreed
[EN] [XBOX] for one to gain another has to lose /Grinding...

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back