Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

Ohhhh. I got it to work with 7B+K, CE (which does more than twice the damage of 7B+K, 6B8!), but I can't get it to work with 7B+K, dash 1B BE, CE. If I hold 2G, I can just duck it.

Hmm, it still seems like a good strategy. However, it costs 150% of your meter, and some people react to the blue flash of CE quickly enough to duck. Unless they're really just good guessers...
but with the pressure of a combo, most people force hold G and dont duck in time

If their front hits the wall after 214A...

214A!, (front hits wall), short delay, 3B, 6B8 BE!, 7B+K, dash 1B BE x3, 6B8 = 237
214A!, (front hits wall), short delay, 3B, 6B8 BE!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, Elysium's CE = ****252**** (100% health combo)

If their front hits the wall after 214A...

214A!, (front hits wall), short delay, 3B, 6B8 BE!, 7B+K, dash 1B BE x3, 6B8 = 237
214A!, (front hits wall), short delay, 3B, 6B8 BE!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, Elysium's CE = ****252**** (100% health combo)
lol and I get jip, because apparently viola is broken

214A isn't really worth using except as a really slow high move punisher since anyone who sees it will know to duck it. If you don't mind the damage loss then 6A+K works alot better, you just have to dash forward before the 2A+B in order to get it to land.

CE can be linked after many moves as a "techtrap" or "G trap" because it's guaranteed if the opponent holds/presses G.
I just tried this myself and I am afraid it is similar to Astaroth's version. It mostly works the way you say but for some reason it is possible for the opponent to crouch and duck AFTER the animation has started. Over in the Asta camp we came to the conclusion that the CE connecting like that was an unintended result of the patch code. I had recorded the combo in training and when I just mashed G it connected like you said, but when I did the same and started holding 2G after her CE animation started it ducked it. It is only duckable like this when you try to get them off the ground, doing it while they are standing is still impossible to duck afterwards. I even had one moment where (I may have had the CE timing off on this one) I just started mashing like crazy to see what would happen and I managed to get a throw out of it. My guy started the throw animation, she started the CE animation, and then my throw connected and I was all like o_O.

On a side note it also looks like you can now AC the second hit of 66B BE during a juggle combo. It should still work from on the ground CH though.

TECH TRAP!!!
CH 4K, 3A+B, B, 6B8 or 6B8 BE...8 hits 109 dmg. Will hit if the opponent techs any direction after 4K. You must time the B precise to get the launch. They can get out only by mashing G it seems...I need someone to verify it though.

I found out that if you delay 6B8 after 3A+B, it will deal 20 more dmg if I remember correctly.

The opponent will have to hit the ground first to get the extra damage.

Can someone confirm that?

Shits and giggles back tech trap:
CH 4K, 3A+B, B, iWR A+B, A...can be air controlled out of but here's the kicker: no meter and first hit is guaranteed for 74dmg, 2nd hit 85, 3rd hit 96...when you get the launch your opponent lands with their head towards the ground so I guess that enables the first hit of iWR A+B to connect. I have also been experimenting with using 22B BE after launch but it is inconsistent. But if you interested:
CH 4K, 3A+B, B, 22B BE, 2K 110dmg...BE will not hit all the time though, the opponent just goes "through" it...

Okay...I'm just wondering.

What are the options I have, other than 1K and 4K, to ring out my opponent? (Opponent at ring edge)

I noticed that if you do 1A+B at an angle you can combo it with 8A+B, B for about 10 more damage (52) as opposed to the 41 or so with foot stomp.

Works mostly from the opponents left or back side. Seems to be character dependent, too. You can do it on Cervantes from the front.

For that, you will have to delay your 8A+B in order to connect.

So I was watching someone who used 2A+B CH, 1B BE x4, followed by 8A+B, and it combo'd. I figured 8A+B probably did less damage than 6B8, but looked into it anyway. It appears you can do 8A+B after 2 1B BE's if the startup is 2A+B. However, you only need one 1B BE to follow up with 8A+B after FC 1B. Although 8A+B does not do more damage than 6B8, I THINK it has better RO capability than 6B8 BE (since this has surprisingly lame RO capability). So if you really need to RO someone, spend that meter to get a 8A+B in.

Hey I need some people to verify this, i 've tried with random air control, vs CPU, random ukemi and it still connects wanna check its not just me

214A!,2A+B 1B BE x2 CE asap ah well still literally a killer combo lol
my bad its one of those Hold G things

Hey I need some people to verify this, i 've tried with random air control, vs CPU, random ukemi and it still connects wanna check its not just me

214A!,2A+B 1B BE x2 CE asap ah well still literally a killer combo lol
my bad its one of those Hold G things
Well I think that should work no problem (I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the ! is the wall splat in there) but I think my previous post pretty much sums up how effective its gonna be.

214A isn't really worth using except as a really slow high move punisher since anyone who sees it will know to duck it. If you don't mind the damage loss then 6A+K works alot better, you just have to dash forward before the 2A+B in order to get it to land.

*Regarding the CE-
I just tried this myself and I am afraid it is similar to Astaroth's version. It mostly works the way you say but for some reason it is possible for the opponent to crouch and duck AFTER the animation has started. Over in the Asta camp we came to the conclusion that the CE connecting like that was an unintended result of the patch code. I had recorded the combo in training and when I just mashed G it connected like you said, but when I did the same and started holding 2G after her CE animation started it ducked it. It is only duckable like this when you try to get them off the ground, doing it while they are standing is still impossible to duck afterwards. I even had one moment where (I may have had the CE timing off on this one) I just started mashing like crazy to see what would happen and I managed to get a throw out of it. My guy started the throw animation, she started the CE animation, and then my throw connected and I was all like o_O.

Well I think that should work no problem (I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the ! is the wall splat in there) but I think my previous post pretty much sums up how effective its gonna be.
oh yeah I took your post into consideration, but it just nice to now something so damaging on the off chance 214 a hits

I think I found some way to consistently reverse RO with Ivy, with decent distance.

FC 1B, G, 1B BE, 9A+B B
FC 1[ B ]B, one step forward (buff 66 during previous move), 1B BE, 1B BE, 9A+B
It seems to work way better than any other combo to RO. Require 1 or 2 BE but quite usefull in my oppinion.

Front RO need CH for 9A+B B to connect with LNC as 3B, 66B BE, 3[ A ] or 2A+B.
NH 9K, 4K, 1K and 1B+K 9A+B B also works but a bit harder to catch opponent with these moves.

In the end 6B8 BE become limited to wall combo.

I found out that if you delay 6B8 after 3A+B, it will deal 20 more dmg if I remember correctly.

The opponent will have to hit the ground first to get the extra damage.

Can someone confirm that?
Yeah, this definitely works at most ranges where 3A+B can connect. At tip range 6B8 aims too high to allow the target to take fall damage and get hit by 6B8.

I took note of this and managed an awesome turnaround in a random online match with UB 3A+B, fall damage 6B8 BE and Elysium CE finish. 180ish damage as a near death combo, 204 damage otherwise.

That particular combo is at the end of this match, fall damage included: http://tinyurl.com/7bgghsr

Brokey brokey broke CE trap.

just looking a little further on that little trick I've been using where the CE hits when the opponent is 'visually' lying down. It's gotten me quite a bit of online hate mail.

1K, CE works at close range anywhere where the opponant's push back is hindered to their back or back-left. If they're hindered to their back-left or in a corner it also works at all ranges of 1K.

the CE will connect if:
The opponent buffers any get up command, Attack or Ukemi.

CE will miss if:
The opponent inputs nothing, buffers a left or right roll, or buffers a get up command and then immediately buffers duck.

The odd bit is it all happens when the opponent is still lying down and the (!) is right by Ivy's foot, so it looks like a huge glitch. It must be something like hitting on the first couple of frames the opponent is technically standing, but still visually it looks dire.

Back