Ivy Videos

I love it when SC players talk matchups/critique; it gets me all hot and bothered.

Ring: Thank you for your critique. I agree with much of what you said.

Few things I noticed that I wasn't capitalizing on enough:

Thugish is very good at recognizing when I freeze up, which is something I need to stop doing. I could be using this opportunity to throw/attack as he runs up.

I had him ducking a lot as I ran up to him (LOL IVY IS SO SCARY). I could have been collecting free launches!

Also, WTF at my post Amy 1A mindgames! They were so terrible! All I did was WSB and 22K! >.>

But, as with anything, you have to do it in moderation, because thugish will adjust quickly and you always have to be ready to change it up. Oh well, learning experience for me.

You know, reading what people say about Thugish post Dev is hilarious, considering stuff I've been saying. Guess I have to show up to tons more tournaments before people actually consider anything I say though. >_>

After reading Ring's post it just remind me of some trick/advice.

First, CL 6B is very usefull against Amy as Ring told you. Sucd give me the same advice once.
Use lot's of CL 6B in different situation. Example block a move, 6B and then back dash.
Also from WP, he told me to use 2A (instead of 1A) cause it is very usefull to block lot's of Amy's option and it is fast enough to deal with Amy's tool.

One more thing from Ahriman to me before EVO, Ivy's secret tech against Amy: CL 236BB[4].
TC very early, can hit during step/8wr, KD and Amy cannot punish it except with 33B. But most Amy player don't know about that and always try to punish with 6BB which is not going to work because of the [4] and then you can even take advantage after Amy's 6BB. I won mainly because of this against DreamKiller + Thuggish at EVO !!!
Problem with this particular advice is that, once write on a forum... it's no longer a secret tech. And Amy players will be aware of this ah ah ah. So... well anyway. Now you know about it, but you probably will not be the only one to know about it ah ah ah

Problem with this particular advice is that, once write on a forum... it's no longer a secret tech. And Amy players will be aware of this ah ah ah. So... well anyway. Now you know about it, but you probably will not be the only one to know about it ah ah ah
Amy players are watching...

I will start using CL 6B sometimes, but not that much vs. Thuggish.

Reasons why:

1.) Thuggish likes to step ALOT, that's why I hit him with so many CL/WP 3A's.

2.) 6B is not rewarding on hit. Small damage, bad frames.

I don't tend to focus on Ivy's soul gauge game like Malek does unless I really feel that I need to. You will rarely see it from me unless either:

A.) My opponent is turtling/spacing too much

or

B.) The opponent's character has a hard time dealing with it (i.e. Cassandra)

But, I do try to make sure that all the mids I use are SG mids, but the actual SG damage is more of a consolation prize if my mids are blocked. XD

Anyway, I almost never approach Amy with the intention of getting something blocked, but if something does get blocked, hopefully it's SW 3B. I just don't feel that you have the extra time to spare poking at her and playing the SG game.

Some of those moves serve a double purpose, you get the SG damage and you space your opponent out. IMO against Amy, the latter one is more important. Once you get out of her 6BB, 3A and 1A range it's easier to control the flow of the match.

Some of those moves serve a double purpose, you get the SG damage and you space your opponent out. IMO against Amy, the latter one is more important. Once you get out of her 6BB, 3A and 1A range it's easier to control the flow of the match.
But what about Amy's 66A+B it's too pro at that range! It can't be stopped! >_<

Just wait for it and punish with SW 6B9K or with K in CL/WP. Both 33B and 8WR A+B have TC properties, so using moves like CL 66A, WP 1A, WP 6A, WP 6B etc when Amy is far from us is out of the question...

She is so broken, if only Namco changed a few things:

- 33B from -9 to -13
- 6BB either i13 or i11 and 0 on hit + less damage (like in BD)
- 1A stepable to one side (at least) or -5 on hit

That would make things much easier. I don't get why some characters have fast, ranged safe launchers on normal hit. They should be either safe and do little damage/launch only on CH, or do 50-60dmg on NH but unsafe =/

I cannot watch this on my computer, too many lag...
I don't know why. Only justin.tv or is there a youtube link ?

MTFighter is strong. There is no reason to be sad when you lost against him.

Yeah, it's the video; they said something about it at the beginning of the Woahzzz vs. MTF matches.

Don't stay at close range against Xiang. She has better frame advantage and she is faster.

Abuse of CL 1B, B+K to space her and to counter most of her evading moves. Back dash more in CL.

And the best tip, ABUSE of SW 2A+K at mid range because Xiangh can't punish it with her throw and if she's trying to punish it you get a free launcher SW 22B.

My 2 cents.

Sorry, I couldn't edit my previous post, don't know why...

Don't stay at close range against Xiang. She has better frame advantage and she is faster.

Abuse of CL 1B, B+K to space her and to counter most of her evading moves. Back dash more in CL.

And the best tip, ABUSE of SW 2A+K at mid range because Xiangh can't punish it with her throw and if she's trying to punish it you get a free launcher SW 22B.

My 2 cents.

Sorry, I couldn't edit my previous post, don't know why...

thanks scud! i will definitely try to use 2a+K more and play a more mid range game, i use to abuse 1b b+k last tournament against MTFighter in the finals and it worked, but a week after, it didnt work anymore. he found out how it can be 8wayrun and raped in me casuals xD, so i stopped using it so much. and sorry about the choppy quality

bump added some videos of Malek and Ivyfanboy. I'll try to grab some more and maybe I could add some of my own soon :P

By the second round of that vid, I feel the progression and knew wat was gonna happen nxt. lol. Mbe deep down even u knew..

Btw IC is from ShenZhen so he's not me unfortunately. Here is his YT channel:

Props to Ioc for this ingenius thread. Thumbs up!

I won only two rounds
cripes.gif
you're right, it was "sick".

Back