Kilik Matchup Thread: Finalized

Something Unique, that's why I added the repost at the end of that, I apologize for not carefully reading before posting, but yes, I REALLY DIDN'T want to delete my "Kilik vs Raphael" rant so i kept it up as a supporting argument anyway. Again, sorry about the confusion.

Any chance to see you at EVO or Nats Tiamat ?
Then we could play you and tell you how you compare to Keev ... ;)

SU:
Kura SAYS yoosee is better with NM than him but I seriously doubt this is actually the case (and yes I have seen the vids). Kura is an overly generous person. Kura is a much better player and has some interesting strategies with NM that are not so obvious. I would put Keev over yoosee. But like I said, what players you specifically think are better than Keev (if any) is up for debate.

Saitoh:
won't be at either. I don't exactly have a problem with people thinking Keev is better than me, I mostly just have a problem with anyone saying he is "without question" the best

Course this isn't the "who has the best nightmare" thread...

last tidbit, Sing (nightmare) from hongkong says nm beat kilik 7-3 lol XD. I can't see this being agreed upon

I feel unloved.

But that aside, why do I see a side discussion on "Is Keev the best NM player?"
Seriously Tiamat, you should know better than to bring that up. You haven't played him/Rii/LAU/Kura/Yoosee etc.etc... Its really too early for such a statement don't you think?

And SU, if you want to have some serious discussion, do leave out the whole "Oh I think Saitoh is 100% the definitive no.1 in France! Keev is the best NM in the world.." Blah Blah Blah.. Again, judging people based on videos usually isn't a wise thing... And you're stepping on toes in the process.

Both of you are judging players based on Videos and e-pen.. what the hell?

Anyway, I actually think Kilik : NM is one of the most balanced match ups in the game. I believe it boils down to outguessing your opponent. Both characters play at the same range, with both characters having options to beat out what's normally "feared" in the other characters Arsenal (Kilik has great tools against GS/NSS/agA etc., Nightmare's key tools are generally immune to Asura/WS B and he can weave in and out of iFOTD range fairly easily) I don't feel that the risk reward is skewed towards either side. Off the top of my head I cannot think of any particular situation that one character can dominate the other in.

SU started it so I felt a response was necessary :P. its not like keev has played lau or kura either

EDIT: don't wanna make new post I just wanted to say I'm sorry for saying that on the other page, was out of line. all I should have said is that "many would argue there is/are better NM(s) than Keev". I spoke my mind too much by saying specific players. please just keep in mind that that opinon is what I THINK...I really don't have a problem with others disagreeing. no one knows for absolute sure

I feel that SU's chart for the most part is correct. I just think it boils down to personal matchup exp and how we feel about playing against certain people/characters.

Shit what do I know; hes more adept than me at Kilik anyway!

BelovedChild:

No biggie its cool man! Plus ur argument was compelling.

Tiamat:

You know what man. I call Truce! Fair enough.

Shenou:

Understood I stand corrected. I guess that was unneccesary but for whatever its worth I mainly said that because those players/characters I felt best represented the argument when it comes to Kilik vs. Asta & Kilik vs. Nightmare. Plus for anyone that knows me I had major issues with Asta back in the day if anyone can remember that I had to put extensive work in to understand.

Kilik vs. Nightmare is indeed a very tricky matchup. In the old threads it was believed to be this way also and its a very difficult matchup to explain. I would have to agree with almost everyone in that the matchup comes down to alot of guesswork because both of them sting pretty hard with a similiar setup game.

Shadowfox:

By the way ur opinions are very welcome Fox. I mean we have agreed on Kilik matters in the past. The only reason why my last reply was to the point and quick is because your argument for Lizardman and Nightmare wasn't compelling enough. It was very vague. So please do comment u sexy black man. Lol!

LOL SU.

I cant really remember most of LM moveset and whats punishable by what. So the next time I see you I'll make sure to get some shit tested out and then rethink the matchup.

Also I agree with Kilik vs NM being 5/5. I remember playing LAU a while back and it was a tough fight no doubt.

I mostly just have a problem with anyone saying he is "without question" the best

Damn poor Keev didn't even post here, and he's like a shy guy who comes, sits and does his thing. The closest thing from "bragging" I ever heard or read from him is something like "hey see you can do something with a lower-mid character?". While you arrogant guy did actually say you and all your buddies were better than him. How can you say that ? You have no idea. All I can say (since I actually DID play vs Keev several times including last week) is that he's very good, and that he's one of the very few players that *really* impressed me.

I think I'm better than anyone who I haven't played yet....

because i'm undefeated against anyone who I haven't played against. You can say I'm infinitely times better than any players i haven't played against :D

and since you can't prove me wrong unless you fly over to Hong Kong... this statement remains true!!!!!11!!!1!!!1

SU:
you gonna be in NYC from 7/11 - 7/26?

-LAU

PS: gotta love comparing myself to others online based on vids :D

S-U: hey I just realized that S-U can stand for shut-up as well. Haha.

Ok I think, without a doubt, Saitoh is a better player than I am. I like what he does with Asta and all but those Saitoh vs Hayate videos you posted, in my eyes, show that Asta has room to play around and doesn't have to work as hard to win in that Asta vs Kilik mathup. I strongly believe that Asta has a minor advantage in that matchup.

Lau:

7/11-7/12 = Koga French Invitational

7/17-7/19 = Possible Evo if do get to go

7/24-7/26 = Nats Guaranteed

You can pick anytime in between then.

P.S. Getting compared to competition is reality in any form of competition. DEAL WITH IT AND STOP COMPLAININ/HATING.

From what I heard u were a humble cool guy. However it seems different with u complainin so much. Life isn't about me, me, me, sorry! I'm a very blunt person when people start acting stupid so i'm just being blunt.

SU:

read my message again sometimes... it's really not that much complaining... maybe i'm complaining because the match thread in general (not kilik) doesn't make sense.

and sarcasm/jokes usually don't work out well online.. I should be the first to know this... since most of the time I'm the one who don't get the sarcasm/jokes online.

as for asking you to play it was simply because i've heard much about you and you know i always wanted to play against you since the FIRST time i came to NYC then the second time.. and now i was wondering if you were in town... that's all ...

i'm fine with you being blunt. doesn't bother me at all but it does bother me when people misunderstand each other.

-LAU

during those times in between will you be available during working hours like 9AM to 5 PM?

-LAU

Lau:

If there is a misunderstanding then I apologize as I agree with you that the internet can be difficult to read sometimes.

No problem everything is cool. Ditto on the wanting to play your Rock as well as I have chatted with you before and I just couldn't understand how u were acting. Much respect and forget the misunderstanding.

As far as the time relating to me being avaiable; now would be almost anytime but it's hard to say exactly because I started a summer session this week to try and sneak in some summer courses to get out of college faster and since i'm officially staying in NY i'm job hunting now as well so my schedule is kinda tight.

Since I personally don't have a session spot I think u should talk to Maxx/Dreamkiller about when is a good time for when u come out since that's the new session spot since Papy left. Somehow I don't think Serge would mind either but he has a 360 so someone would have to bring a PS3 since we are all spoiled PS3 brats for the most part outside of those who play on sticks. So one of those two in between the days I mentioned above and I will work around it.

For what it's worth unlike the post made earlier by Shenou about me probably not having Rock experience as well as Mi-na I happen to have both. So the session would be worth it. In fact i'm one of the few people with a tier list that has experience against all those characters (my little secret but i'll let it out the bag).

babalook:

Kilik vs. Algol = 6/4
Kilik vs. Hilde = 5/5
Kilik vs. Nightmare = 5/5
Kilik vs. Sophitia = 5/5
Kilik vs. Xianghua = 5/5
Kilik vs. Amy = 5/5
Kilik vs. Ivy = 4/6
Kilik vs. Raphael = 6/4
Kilik vs. Taki = 7/3
Kilik vs. Yoda = 7/3
Kilik vs. Astaroth = 5/5
Kilik vs. Rock = 5/5
Kilik vs. Talim = 7/3
Kilik vs. Yoshimitsu = 5/5
Kilik vs. Cassandra = 6/4
Kilik vs. Lizardman = 5/5
Kilik vs. Seong Mi-Na = 5/5
Kilik vs. The Apprentice = 6/4
Kilik vs. Yun-Seong = 5/5
Kilik vs. Cervantes = 6/4
Kilik vs. Maxi = 7/3
Kilik vs. Setsuka = 5/5
Kilik vs. Tira = 5/5
Kilik vs. Zasalamel = 5/5
Kilik vs. Darth Vader = 5/5
Kilik vs. Mitsurugi = 6/4
Kilik vs. Siegfried = 6/4
Kilik vs. Voldo = 5/5

It would appear so but for reference imo Ivy is a 7/3 against Kilik (her favor) and even though I have yet to lose to a X in a set in casuals or a tourney I believe thats a 6/4 in her favor.

If u would like to question anything your welcome to.

Judging my recent match versus Saitoh, i think Kilik vs Asta is 5/5 too. Also Nigthmare vs Kilik is 5/5 too.

SU:

XBox or PS3 works fine with me... i finally got my stick modded to work with both consoles so it really doesn't matter

I CAN NOT host this time unlike last time when the Jersey crew did me a big favor by bringing their equipments/machines and everything to my hotel room...

unfortunately i'll be staying with my gf this time which is really the reason for why my time schedule is basically 9 to 5.

anyways more details later.

i'm just interested in playing you in general since i've had a chance to play against everyone else for a bit... and you're one of the last two players in NYC that I truly wanna play against... obviously I would love to play everyone else again.

-LAU

SU:

XBox or PS3 works fine with me... i finally got my stick modded to work with both consoles so it really doesn't matter

I CAN NOT host this time unlike last time when the Jersey crew did me a big favor by bringing their equipments/machines and everything to my hotel room...

unfortunately i'll be staying with my gf this time which is really the reason for why my time schedule is basically 9 to 5.

anyways more details later.

i'm just interested in playing you in general since i've had a chance to play against everyone else for a bit... and you're one of the last two players in NYC that I truly wanna play against... obviously I would love to play everyone else again.

-LAU

9-5 What day and date. The sooner the better.

LAU/SU: Please get some videos recorded! I don't to hear about how good the matches were, I want to see for myself!!!

I got a question for the Kilik players in this thread: Why wouldn't Cervy be at an advantage against Kilik? Cervy's damage output is higher than Kilik's, and Kilik can't punish him as well as other characters. Cervy's CH game is a big problem for Kilik also (imo).

Anyone that has experience with this matchup please post up!

Judging my recent match versus Saitoh, i think Kilik vs Asta is 5/5 too. Also Nigthmare vs Kilik is 5/5 too.

Hey BTW since I recorded a few very recent matches, can I post the vids or do you want to keep your secret tactics for EVO and I post it after ? It was good Kilik stuff, good training for me ! As a result when I played Master-CD a bit later he seemed a lot more simplistic so I managed to win 5 matches in a row (PS3)

Back