Looking And Waiting For Something Special?

• Admin
Update: Dec 25 - Patience finally pays off?
SC is back! Get ready, fans! http://twitpic.com/3j16ui
Well I'm sure most of you were worried, as all the surprises we've seen so far have been Tekken related! But you were promised something spectacular, and now you finally get what you've been waiting for... Daishi Odashima, Lead designer for the Soulcalibur series has just opened up his own twitter!

Odashima-san used to be a tournament player in Japan back in the Soulcalibur 1 days! Since he's the new director of all things Soulcalibur at Namco, and by his own admission, has the final say on his team; you should follow him on twitter. Merry Christmas everyone?
I say again!! The day has finally come when I can tell you all about it. Soul Calibur is BACK !!
213366762.jpg

Update: Dec 23 - Katsuhiro Harada recently unveiled a new trailer and character for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. He also promises that more surprises are on the way:
Thanks for tons of comment !! OK next !!
I have something new to tweet about tomorrow night. so get ready!
(Not a footage. But important)
Update: Dec 21 - from Katsuhiro Harada's twitter:
Sorry guys I'm so busy now.
However, I want to show you something within the course of a few days...
Original Post - Namco-Bandai's Katsuhiro Harada has been having a lot of fun with his twitter account lately; their community manager FilthieRich is no different:
Looking and waiting for something special?
Make sure to continue following and tell your friends to stay tuned ....
What could this cryptic message possibly mean? Well that I couldn't really tell you. All I can say is that Namco-Bandai is probably planning some big surprises for the holiday, and you should pay attention to the twitter feeds. Just look at that face... you know he's up to no good!

We'll do our best to keep you updated with any relevant information here on 8WayRun.

5091_112941280933_526840933_2901260_4123991_n.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
This is exciting news. But before we get excited, lets just let them make their game, before we give them ideas for guest characters and other nonsense that they end up adopting (EGM) and hurting the game.

I suspect a Spring 2012 Release. But 2011 would be in line with their every three year release ( '99 '02 '05 '08)

That message didn´t make me excited at all...

I am still sceptical about SC and it´s future. I need videos, long interviews and so on.

But that won´t happen in the near future i guess.

so i wake up this morning and check my twitter and im not dreaming Harada just said a new calibur is on its way!! that was a nice christmas gift to me =)

Can we hope for an arcade release first or is that too much?
You all need to let go of this. It's no longer 2002. It would be a waste of money on their part. I myself miss the good ole arcade days but really just let it go. Why is it NEEDED? It isn't anymore in this day and age. Let it go bruh, let it go.

Except that's there's still actually an arcade scene in Japan and Tougeki (SBO, Super Battle Opera).

But ya SCIIIAE probably lost money.

You all need to let go of this. It's no longer 2002. It would be a waste of money on their part. I myself miss the good ole arcade days but really just let it go. Why is it NEEDED? It isn't anymore in this day and age. Let it go bruh, let it go.

I agree, an arcade version probably won't be successful enough financially.

So quoted for truth. Stop living in the 80s guys. You know the internet got invented and all that. People can PATCH their games if they only want to. Look at Starcraft 2, gets patched all the time to get a balanced game. Its not that hard. An Arcade Version is a huge waste of money and an enourmous waste of time and potential. The biggest most active scene of SC is in Paris, a closed BETA Version would allow ALL good players to play this game. Patching would be ten times faster since broken stuff will be found faster, in an Arcade where only a tiny part of japanese players can play the game nothing will happen and we will wait like idiots and fall behind in skill to other players who have access to arcades.

CLOSED BETA, constant patching. Nobody needs an arcade anymore.

Honestly, this isn't surprising to me at all. Them saying SC5 is in development doesn't get me excited, because I already knew that they would eventually make a new Soul game, with or without fan petitions and demand.

What I need to get me excited are screenshots and trailers.

And I hope to god that they don't listen to fans about what should and shouldn't be in the game. Some of the things that people suggest (both gameplay wise and non gameplay related) are ridiculous. Community input should be done after they make the game, in order to balance and fix things. Only thing I would want Namco to take to heart in terms of fan demand are what characters people want returned to the game (such as Hwang, Li Long, Edgemaster etc.).

And I agree with the above posts about arcades not being needed anymore. With the lead designer for SC having Twitter and being in touch with the SC community, arcade testing won't be needed at all. We can just give him input through twitter and videos to let them know of anything that may be wrong with the game, and then they can just patch it. People need to get with the times.

Honestly, the arcade scene should only happen where there IS an arcade scene. Basic supply and demand.

The US, as concentrated and rabid it's current arcade fans are, might or might not be big enough to validate an arcade release. Same reasoning on why the next SC is being produced in the first place; the fanbase/demand was big enough.

Just make sure that you guys don't get too ahead of yourselves. The only thing that was mentioned is that the next project is in the works.

So quoted for truth. Stop living in the 80s guys. You know the internet got invented and all that. People can PATCH their games if they only want to. Look at Starcraft 2, gets patched all the time to get a balanced game. Its not that hard. An Arcade Version is a huge waste of money and an enourmous waste of time and potential. The biggest most active scene of SC is in Paris, a closed BETA Version would allow ALL good players to play this game. Patching would be ten times faster since broken stuff will be found faster, in an Arcade where only a tiny part of japanese players can play the game nothing will happen and we will wait like idiots and fall behind in skill to other players who have access to arcades.

CLOSED BETA, constant patching. Nobody needs an arcade anymore.

Wth? You're completely missing the point of the importance of an arcade release, it isn't for patches and that nonsense. It's to make the game competitively recognised. Don't you know why SCIV did good everywhere EXCEPT places like Japan?

Arcade Version= SBO
SBO= More players, competition and interest.

Unfortunately, the FG scene is full of faeries that won't even look at a game if they're beloved Japanese don't play it; though at the same time, you need a dominating force like Japan behind these games...not because they're the best, but because Japan is kinda like the central hub from which FG success tends permeate from.

Basically, this series will never truely flourish without an arcade release, whether you get one in your country or not.

And SCIIIAE was too little too late, of course it was gonna flop.

Well then just release an arcade version in Japan and at the same time the console version in europe + US, i dont really care. But a one year arcade ONLY phase would suck so bad. I dont think anybody in europe will depend their decision to play this game based on whether its succesfull in Japan. Cant say for the US.

Ok, so I got Daishi's recent twitter messages translated (roughly) with an online translater just to get some kind of idea what he's talking about. Here's what the translater said:

"Thinking that the people who are continued to wait after all patiently being was connected to the revival of the caliber team the [ru].Because also the development member desired the revival of the caliber team, fighting spirit of the team is high!!"

" The caliber team which is revived with such a meaning we itself (laughing) also in the future [yoroshiku]! … Because same effectiveness, it reaches to sale, waiting, the [te] to give, [na]."

It seems like they are going to do their best ot make a great game!

Live streams

19 Viewers
noxdeanoctis
noxdeanoctis
Good morning for some SC!
11 Viewers
SavageDrumming
SavageDrumming
Rift Losses XD [1691/2000] ~ !youtube !discord
1 Viewers
alfavego7
alfavego7
czas na soul salibourVI z @vego_97 kto będzie lepszy? :D
1 Viewers
ApolloXXXCreed
ApolloXXXCreed
[EN] [XBOX] for one to gain another has to lose /Grinding...

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back