Lost Swords

By the way, Hoshino has worked as programmer on SC games since SC1 or SC2, so he's definitely an old timer. Hopefully he'll do a good job as producer. I wonder if that's his only role, or if he'll do programming as well.

Looking at the "HD" SC2 graphics compared to SC4/5 really puts it all into perspective.

They simply couldn't make a truly HD remake of Soulcalibur II that would retain the exact feeling of the original. And why would they, when they could put that R&D into actually making another new Soulcalibur game with that time, money, and effort? This "HD" remake with online is the best course of action for an old game like SCII to get people interested in the series and even add online to make it modern for the current generation of gamers.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees the game so... ugly. Specially Talim, she looks so much better SCIII onwards.

Also, after SCV's Soul Edge, the one Nightmare holds looks like a cheap toy rip off lol

I'm on the same boat, but i believe it's not an over populated one :D

See come back Zasa, Rock and HwangAE moveset? I will love that

Personally I just miss Rock so much... But the main reason is that SCIIIAE was the SCIII that should have been there in the first place! Many people outside of Japan never had the chance to play this SC-installment... Like me too. :/

Was'nt SCV rushed to give space to TTT2?

Sadly this is what goes around as the truth, not that it was worthy TTT2 is a much inferior game compared to Soul Calibur V, or so I think.

The term we use in Brazil for this kind of game is a "Slot Machine"

Does anyone know what happened to Yotoriyama, the old producer?

I had hopes he would be back in the saddle after Sc5.

"I was just watching the Comic Con stream with Katsuhiro Harada of Tekken and the new producer of SoulCalibur, Masaki Hoshino. Initially the two were talking about SoulCalibur II HD Online but then Masaki Hoshino suggested he wanted to make a "new" one and were hoping to announce something later in the year. This links up nicely with the SoulCalibur Lost Swords trademark we've heard about previously."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629481

OH MY GOD!!!!

My own prediction is that in fall, when this game comes out, they will hype Lost Souls up. I could be wrong, but I think we will hear more about it then.

My own prediction is that in fall, when this game comes out, they will hype Lost Souls up. I could be wrong, but I think we will hear more about it then.

That makes the most sense to me. My personal guess is that SC2HD is in some respects a test of remaining interest in the franchise. It's a game that came before some of the more awful roster and gameplay changes started fragmenting the fanbase, so it's a safe way of judging how much interest the franchise SHOULD have at its base if they do things right. It's also a good way of retroactively testing consumer reception of SC5, by seeing how many fans WOULD have bought the game if things were done differently compared to how many fans ended up buying the game.

Simply going by posts on this site isn't enough to build a profitable game; many of the people that have bought games in the franchise in the past would never come here, or would vote with their wallet in silence rather than voicing opinions for the developers to work from. The only reason I'm here is because Daishi decided to explicitly name the site in one of his interviews, and catching such interviews already requires that the person is staying on top of every bit of news for the franchise elsewhere. That's not to say that listening to posts here is somehow "worthless," as that would be absurd. Only that it's not enough on its own.

Did they say it's sc2 or a remake of sc2..?If a remake,then yea maybe they'll add amy.
If its a remake, it would be awesome to add Amy and the new characters added in SC3 into the SC2 game or even the newer costumes into SC2. Is this inception possible? Damn I'd be pumped to see that. Zasalamel owning everyone in weapon master...

Wonder if they'll add the SC3 CaS system at least,that would really be cool.
That would be the best thing for Weapon Master IMO. It feels totally needed for that mode alone.

Though its hard to be excited for HD rereleases because they never actually add or fix anything... from playing DMC and Budokai HD all they seem to do is just clear the graphics up a bit and thats it. -_- they should at least add new content to freshen up the game even if its just stock things like new clothing and stages...

By the way, Hoshino has worked as programmer on SC games since SC1 or SC2, so he's definitely an old timer. Hopefully he'll do a good job as producer. I wonder if that's his only role, or if he'll do programming as well.
It seems like Tago may have been at least partly responsible for some of the underwhelming features in SCV. Perhaps a new producer will be a very good thing.
Good news, I hope now we get less SF gimmicks and more SC originality from this point on.​

If its a remake, it would be awesome to add Amy and the new characters added in SC3 into the SC2 game or even the newer costumes into SC2. Is this inception possible? Damn I'd be pumped to see that. Zasalamel owning everyone in weapon master...

That would be the best thing for Weapon Master IMO. It feels totally needed for that mode alone.

i doubt they are willing to do this much work for it tbh.

As for "Lost Swords", it would be very nice if it was an "update" to SCV: missing content that should have been added (completed story mode, team battle), a few new characters (i.e. Bangoo, etc.) and returning characters that were dropped (i.e. Talim, Zasalamel, etc.). If not, then I'm looking forward to "SCVI". Namco, please do whatever you can to make the Soul Calibur series skyrocket and don't make me lose hope in you!

Just watched this

http://www.twitch.tv/shiftylook/b/433291156

- New SC announcement this year
- Harada jokes maybe Lost Swords is a mobile game
- Hoshino says no SC5 updates (but his response wasn't translated)
- "If" he makes a new SC, it will have an artbook

It's looking like this is a new console game, either a reboot or F2P.

Now the wait for TGS...

Edit: Also someone asked about SC2 HD PC version, the translator said "undecided" but actually Hoshino said "it's a secret"

Back