Maxi General Q&A

screw better pokes. wanna poke a ton then occasionally stance? play raph

Maxi should have a move like raphs 6K and keep his 1B and reward you for going into stance, those are the only pokes he would need

Yes Yes Yes - THANKYOU, somebody said it!
Maxi should be a total mindfuck with some safe loops and some GENUINE high risk high reward to work with IMO. I'm sick of being punished for fuck all ~_~

I don't want Maxi to be like Amy at all, but I do think his basics should at least be good enough to help him get the stance game going. The way I see it, a super basic Maxi should just be OK or maybe decent; a Maxi that uses stances well in addition to the basics should be very formidable. It's a bit like (to use this tired example again) Lei Fei in VF5. He can get by with basic safe stuff, but there is just too much potential in his stances to ignore.

Would have been nice if they made Maxi (Or a character like Maxi) viable and dependent on a strong stance game, but we now have characters sliding through attacks... I'm not up for that shit. Let's get Amy a Maxi costume and win some matches.

after seeing that vid, im going to have nightmares wow. so a parry sytem that can absorbs "fury" and then counter attack. absorb Ro B, LO B and counter attack... im saying this first Taki and Talim are going to be amazing.
absorb 2A and then counter attack like it never happened

after seeing that vid, im going to have nightmares wow. so a parry sytem that can absorbs "fury" and then counter attack. absorb Ro B, LO B and counter attack... im saying this first Taki and Talim are going to be amazing.

I don´t have a very good feeling about that short SCV gameplay video either at the moment...

I think maxis stance game is more viable then his pokes....I hate all his pokes except 33K

i dont know about the rest of you but im the worst person to give a super meter too. im already over aggressive this just gives me free damage. watch out rookie GI into super

Would have been nice if they made Maxi (Or a character like Maxi) viable and dependent on a strong stance game, but we now have characters sliding through attacks... I'm not up for that shit. Let's get Amy a Maxi costume and win some matches.
You guys need to calm down. You are drawing hard conclusions on that mechanic based purely on speculation and then getting mad about it. Just forget about it until it's been explained.

lol A+B back then was pretty scary....and you know i hardly used to use it then tsk tsk
SC1 Maxi was all about damage, all his loop shit was pretty darn unsafe. Safety is overrated anyway heh, this ain't Tekken

You guys need to calm down. You are drawing hard conclusions on that mechanic based purely on speculation and then getting mad about it. Just forget about it until it's been explained.

Huh? I'm not worked up or anything, but what I am saying isn't simply speculation. It clearly shows characters getting out of block stun in the gameplay video.

Whatever though, I don't think it will be all that bad. Even if those things end up being a really good defensive options Maxi would just need decent basics and strong delays from stance.

Reactions: HRD
Huh? I'm not worked up or anything, but what I am saying isn't simply speculation. It clearly shows characters getting out of block stun in the gameplay video.

Whatever though, I don't think it will be all that bad. Even if those things end up being a really good defensive options Maxi would just need decent basics and strong delays from stance.

But a system like that would still encourage Characters like Asta much more than Maxi. But we shall see.

Ya know. If there's anything from SC2 I'd like to...uhm, Realistically have back...it would be 4_6A+K sidewinders.

i dunno i think if you can absorb (Fury) a hit that would leave to a garenteed CH 4B LOBK for easines but im betting certain moves will have this ability built in (if they do then 4A+B would be a great candidate)

Back