Maxi General Q&A

A little happy about some of the changes and extremely unhappy about the rest. No LI Bg fucking really? 22KK is old kBk, ok. makes no sense. 33bA gone, we better be able to cancel 33B. I mean can we cancel anything but a stance?

Alright i will chill out. After thinking on some of the new loop possiblities i will just have to play differently again from the way i want to play.

Oosaka what about 236B, and 3B+K. Does he have any good low pokes. You couldnt find out how to do psl3. maybe holding B+K since that goes into sidewinders now. idk. but it should be there. Did you try psl4?

Got what i needed
RC A is SC4:3A.
3A is BL A
66B is SC2:66B
but still now worried about [Just Guard] going to make him suck.

The old BL B with SC4's RO B as a string look nice ! Maybe a single BL B to LO is a viable shift now ?
Anyway cant wait to try this, I'll be sure to report everything I can on SC5's Maxi next week.

BL B almost looks like it ends in a stance. I wonder if BL B, A does anything.

I dont even know where to begin...
i said i wanted 3A to be BL A, i didnt say replace it with SC2 style retreating A [Bogus] leave it as SC4: BL A. Sounds like im bitch yes for good reason. Anyhow i was expecting new BL A to be SC4: 3A elbow or SC2: 6Ba,A,B.

SC3: BL B WHY??? whatever the second B is SC4 it puts you into LO.
Question in the vid the first time he does BL B it looped slower into LO B without the SC4 RO B. the second time he does BL BB im Guess it was a hell off a MASH to get that second B: SC4:RO B out and it still put him into LO.

And his intro in the vid vs sieg made my day:
"BORING, Just Like the Rest Of Them."
That line expressed the way i feel, That is exactly what i say to myself everytime i play a Swordcalibur Player. that plays poke BB run away style:)

love the name off the new character Viola:):):) nice but thats not a weapon finger nails and a Algor or necrid ball. bet anyone 50 bucks shes going to have a volleyball spike:)
Up Next my Anaylse of Maxi.

I have been periodically(twice) tweeting our Maxi suggestions thread to Daishi it would be cool if yall could do it like once every other day or something. Please don't spam him tho

From what i have seen this new Maxi really is noobie friendly. His now a pick up and play character that rookies can mash and get results with.

Maxi Analysis from vids ive seen
This New maxi is SC3 style with SC4 moves. This new Maxi is going to be an irritating Poke Artist.
Has a Heavy Mid game, ducking opponents will get hurt:) [thats a plus]
You dont need to loop fight to win. Hell looping is going to be less interesting to do and simpler to read.
This Maxi has solid basics and can control steppers big-time. Looping with this Maxi is going to be like SC3 style Suckage. Rinse and repeat looping with little variation. But noobie friendly lazy version Waving Light will make up for it cause THAT SHIT GIs As.
-Supers oh i mean CEdge: whiff into CE, step around them into CE. [these CE dont flow well with the game they even look tacked on] Anyway with this new maxi no need to do supers[CE] if your a veteran, cause this maxi is that beastly, alot of safe stuff, stance cancels, and created forced movement.
+BEST TOOLs
- ws 6BBB - 3A - 1K - RO A, K - BL KK - 236 K - FCAAA - 6A+B - 3B - 66B+K
+MOves and changes i approve off: 3A. RC A,B. 66B.
My biggest issues BL A needs to also remain SC4 BL A. LI stance i dont understand what they are doing with it or thinking. Im abusing LI A. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH ALL THE INPUT CHANGES, SO NOT NECESSARY AT ALL.
BL BB is crap but i can work with it, loop past it. ....So WhiteWind steppable when first B is Blocked.
THis Maxi is Built to Kill and not Show off with:) sad for me but jumped up tiers big time.
REALLY:) BraveEdge Guard Crush into LI:) BraveEdge moves that keep you loopin hahaha lol.

Is this new Maxi Strong? Yes
Do i like this new Maxi? No.
Why? Lazy, less work and inputs equals easy to play/easy to use.
Will i win more with him than in Sc4? Hell Yes

Endnote: this Maxi is out for Blood, no showmanship needed.

@Dustbuster
I doubt his looping will be like SC3 style suckage. I'll tell you why
RC A is much faster, old RO B is there, and WL autoGI...all when use properly thwarts potential interrupts

Maxi NEVER had to loop to win.

Why do you want BL A back so bad? the range and damage and safety was sooo horrible. Isn't that move 3A now? Or you really need that from stance.

BL B i think would be good in this game. Not sure yet....it has weird evasiveness...always did.

LI A is like marshall law's WS 2. Awesome sauce. I'm gonna abuse it too

The only things Im bummed about so far is the loss of LI Bg and not knowing where they put RC A (sc4 version) and no 33bA....3 of my staple moves now lost.

Other than that, after watching oosakas gameplay, he looks fuckin bad ass and cant wait to get my hands on this game!!

oh yeah....one more thing....the "holy shit im a gay ass flamer" character select screen pose. OMG...really? For god sakes change that shit!!

HRD

is LI B chargeable? I didn't used to cancel it much, so I'm not too bummed about that.

I"m bummed about my dynamic entaree kick though. I hope he still has it somewhere. I'm bummed about RC B too. I'm more psyched about his pitbull game now though. His dashes and step look long and fast, that's always a good thing.

Reactions: HRD
Guys remember when i was bitchin about how i would miss the look and SC4: RO B hit properties:) will its in the game BL BB the second B. wow for me:) in the vid i have no clue why that idiot masher went into LO A instead of LO B, K. it was lookin like a 4 hit ch string. off of the BL BB.
BB the second B needs to have the same neutral hit propeties SC4: RO B. for the 4 hit: BL BB, LO B K to be guaranteed.
Im sayin this because the RO B hit in the vid didnt knockdown stun on a, Back-Turned CounterHit Sieg:sc1sig1:. Thats a problem.

This is the way i see things: SC1 good, SC2 Better/beyond move creativity, SC3 for new fans, SC4 Jesus thankyou, SC5 For new fans again [supers and if anyone noticed the MK style Fight announcer]LMAO.

@hotnikkelz
Comment:1# Im the one who wanted Elbow to be RC A. HELL i called it like about 14 pages back. LOL:) ILL TELL YOU WHY it doesnt help Loopin if this new RC A doesnt loop into BL it sucks. if it doesnt have a stance rotation and B input[Dragons Brand] is your forced next move it sucks for loopin. RC A faster doesnt mean shit if RC K isnt faster and more damaging. New RC A is good but not intimidating if RC K sucks. RC A stance shifting into BL would be amazing. This new SC5: RO B hit property does shit. Heres the combo: RO B, RC A, B. thats what i SEE. IT IS not SC3 STYLE. but still it looks nice/different:).

Comment:2# idont know about u but i am super confident with my maxi, im not like most peeps here who use maxi for the purpose of just winning the fight using basics tools or mixups they imitate from others. Your right Maxi NEVER had to loop to win. I loop fight to win cause, winning with basics is easy, plus it seperates my style from most other maxi players. this is where people scream its unsafe and it is, if your stupied. :)My Maxis a dance[stance] Fighter and i make him look good while he fights. Other characters that can dance fight:sc1tak1:,:sc1xia1:,:sc1kil1:,:sc2yun2:,:sc2yos2:,:sc2mit2:SC3:sc3tir1:,SC2:sc2tal3:,:sc4cas1::sc1sig1::sc2nm1: Hell any Character with Stances or forced stances.

Comment:#3 Why do you want BL A back so bad? ....Wow....
SC4 BL stance became intimidating with BL the A stun property and the old K,K.
Taking/ducking a BL A meant stun combo damage. "shakeable so what":)
Taking BL KK meant damage and a knockdown.
BL A is a loop stating factory as useful as PSL2 mix ups.
BL A into LI is beastly on it own.
BL A on its own can put you into LI, RC, BL, RO, LO. The fact that you dont seem to know this or appreciate it tell me your maxi knowledge is weak.

Maxis most intimidating stances:
Li K meant you could eat a wing sobat combo to the face ending in tiger slutter.
BL KK meant Duck or get punished and knocked down
BL A meant Li K is coming or mind #$%^ your opponent time
PSL2 meant RC, Li,
RO Meant A, K or BL is going to knock me down or BL A made them say $#%^ i guessed wrong
New RC A means dont try to #$%^ing interrupt:) fear the RC K [RC A needs to have BL stance shift]
IF anyone else sees it, this Maxi sets up Tech Traps:) FurY Time:)

Dustbuster I swear you speak of SC4 Maxi's mixups (if you can even call them that) like they're really that scary.

In your last paragraph let's break it down further:

"BL KK meant duck or get punished and knocked down" ......you forgot to add duck AND punish the shit out of me depending on the characters WS/bufferable options after ducking the second hit of BL KK from crouch.

"BL A meant LI K is coming or mind fuck your opponent time" ....you forgot to add only if I'm at point blank fucking range, otherwise BL A will miss. Also if it's blocked prepare to take damage. This is the aspect of Maxi I didn't like in SC4 and what needs to be changed in SC5: The dude is bad because he puts himself in these guessing games where no matter which option he picks, he's taking damage if his attack doesn't connect.

"RO Meant A,K or BL is going to knock me down or BL A....." RO A,K is only NCC in SC4. RO A,K this string has changed properties so many times in the series it's not funny but trust, I'd rather have RO A,K be NC all day rather than SC4 3B,A NC. 3B landing means even if 3B,A isn't a natural combo the opponent will have to block RO A and then that's where the mixups used to come. The threat of BL KK, along with the previous ability of quickly canceling out of stance after RO A and doing whatever you wanted. That's what I miss.

^Homes.....if he wants to dance around like a fairy fuckin princess.....then let him. When this new maxi comes and all his online BS doesnt work anymore and he starts cryin "Maxi sux now....whaaaaa" lets just all point and laugh. While Maxi is taking DEV 2013, NEC 2013 and SJ 2013 and hes strugglin to keep his online ranked stats up, we can point and laugh then to!!

HRD

BB the second B needs to have the same neutral hit propeties SC4: RO B. for the 4 hit: BL BB, LO B K to be guaranteed.
Im sayin this because the RO B hit in the vid didnt knockdown stun on a, Back-Turned CounterHit Sieg:sc1sig1:. Thats a problem.

A 4-hit combo?! that's a bit excessive don't you think. LO BK even leads to combos presumably. It seems fine to me

[/snip] doesnt help Loopin if this new RC A doesnt loop into BL it sucks. if it doesnt have a stance rotation and B input[Dragons Brand] is your forced next move it sucks for loopin. RC A faster doesnt mean shit if RC K isnt faster and more damaging. New RC A is good but not intimidating if RC K sucks. RC A stance shifting into BL would be amazing. This new SC5: RO B hit property does shit. Heres the combo: RO B, RC A, B. thats what i SEE. IT IS not SC3 STYLE. but still it looks nice/different:).

huh? What about neutral attacks/throws etc? I don't understand. RC KK has nothing to do with it even with old RC A. RC K is simply for thwarting highs. I also do not see how going to BL would be amazing. Examine this scenario. RO A -> BL. I'm sure if there was RC A -> BL shift, it won't be anywhere near this level. I rather be in neutral than stuck in stance especially when i have that strong BEable B afterward to scare them into staying still. RO B as it is now is great.

Comment:2# idont know about u but i am super confident with my maxi

I've been around for a long while dude, I'm not attacking you. I'm trying to understand your logic. Do remember I'm one of the biggest contributor on the forum, I even made a skill vid with Fhwoarang. What have you done really? I think I have an idea of what I'm saying ;)

Comment:#3 Why do you want BL A back so bad? ....Wow....
SC4 BL stance became intimidating with BL the A stun property and the old K,K.
Taking/ducking a BL A meant stun combo damage. "shakeable so what":)
Taking BL KK meant damage and a knockdown.
BL A is a loop stating factory as useful as PSL2 mix ups.
BL A into LI is beastly on it own.
BL A on its own can put you into LI, RC, BL, RO, LO. The fact that you dont seem to know this or appreciate it tell me your maxi knowledge is weak.

Maxis most intimidating stances:
Li K meant you could eat a wing sobat combo to the face ending in tiger slutter.
BL KK meant Duck or get punished and knocked down
BL A meant Li K is coming or mind #$%^ your opponent time
PSL2 meant RC, Li,
RO Meant A, K or BL is going to knock me down or BL A made them say $#%^ i guessed wrong
New RC A means dont try to #$%^ing interrupt:) fear the RC K [RC A needs to have BL stance shift]
IF anyone else sees it, this Maxi sets up Tech Traps:) FurY Time:)

BL was not intimidating at all in SC4. It was the weakest damage and most UNSAFE stance that he has. BL B was the best attack from it cuz of speed and TC. BL A SUCKED period the range and damage was too POOR and it is VERY high risk. It was simply not worth the risk. Now i'm going to laugh off that insult of MY MAXI KNOWLEDGE BEING WEAK plus take it with a grain of salt...THIS TIME only, cuz i'm in a good mood :)

What happens when your BL A is blocked? You die. There is NO COMBO DAMAGE ON NORMAL HIT PERIOD. You only get it on CH, and that is rare. There is also the problem that even if you DID get it on CH, if you did not do a premeditated LI K, then the LI K combo will WHIFF and you lose all your damage. You could not wait and see the CH then do LI K.

What happens when your BL KK is blocked? You die. This is an online scrub move. Hardly ever hits in strong offline competition. Ask anyone.

Your BL A hits and you're in LI, now what? LI has no mixups, and looping is risky here. The shift isn't particularly fast either.

You can't even cancel BL A, cuz you have to go to LI, then you have to go BL, then you have to cancel BL. Guess how many negative frames that is?

See where this is going?

You're predominantly an online player, I can tell from your posts, so I'll break it down for you vs solid offline competition. BL is a dangerous stance to be in. First problem with it, is there are hardly are any NATURAL transitions to it. There was RO A, 4A (slow shift), LI B, LI natural shift and a couple others. RO A being the most useful hence most predictable. Noone since SC1, falls for RO A -> BL shifts. Even as sneaky as BL B is, no one cares about eating it. It's low damage. BL KK is almost always blocked. BL A is a poor mix cuz of its range, it's sad that it whiffs more than it is blocked. When all is said and done, you're left wondering, why did I bother. It's the reason many Maxi players hardly attack with BL after RO A. You can only get true damage from BL if you land BL A(CH) which almost never lands on CH.

LoL KrayzieCD Whenever you write comments about Maxi it makes me smile:), really does any mixup he does scary you. Chatting with you about Maxi is like Talkin to Master Yoda. pointless you say keep things simple, i say keep it styling.
The fact that you can read him like book and know when and how to counter.

The rest of you guys do realize this whole discussion is about BL A an improved version right??
hotnikkelz asked why i wanted BL A Back so bad?? I pretty much said BL A is a STANCE ROTATION FACTORY:)
And i see it as a super useful LOOPING TOOL.
@hotnikkelz: i would love an improved BL A that hits like a SC4 CH but is shakeable:)
Example: did anyone else see the SC5vid of Mitsu vs Voldo,"Mitsu does his gut punch stun but Voldo shakes out of it" :0
@hotnikkelz, I Believe this Maxi Loop ability is going to be suckage. Why:
If Li BG doesnt work or doesnt go into RO just like SC3.
If RC AB is your only option. JG stops BraveEdge = Punish. Rc A into BL is needed cause right now RC AB is a dead end.
Your not going to need to loop to win:) i get that, i dont mind at all:) i didnt loop in SC3 and this SC5 Maxi is so beastly and basic that you dont need too:).
@hotnikkelz: i wont comment on your ramblings about why BL A is Bad, cause we see things very differently, you think its bad, i think it awesome. Your focused on the Sc4 version im thinkin of the improved version.

Well Whatever my point is the current SC5 BL A is unless. Its an empty move that i feel is useless[SC2/SC3].
Whatever properties SC5: 3A has now i want it as BL A why cause it helps looping. I dont know what Sc5: 3A does on CH but if it stuns and goes into LI. Steppers will be eating 3A CH into LI A or LI K. Li K into wing sobat should work??

All this talk about online Pro makes u all sound limited in your thinkin, whatever version maxi i play, its not about his good moves that work and the bad ones you stay away from, it about what an improved/future version of the current Maxi your playing will look like.
Yeah your all so right BL A sucks so bad that they made it into a standard input. LOL which is what i wanted. Oh YeaH. Oh SNAP:) I also called New RC A being the SC4:3A elbow. Yes the move sucks in SC4 and it gets you punished.
You guys have like tunnel vision about what a move is and dont imagine what it could be.
I have being say WL:waving light would be awesome with an AGi. i have been scream i wish WL had an AGi in SC4 for so long: because, it would make Looping Maxi Beautiful to watch fighting. :)im so ok with this lazy SC5 version:).
The Big Picture is to always look toward/imagine a future Maxi version. "Your all to busy screaming about the good moves and stayin way from the bad ones, never wondering why they suck and dont work"
No imagination People. :sc2maxi1:"BORING, Just Like The Rest Of Them":sc2maxi2:

This Sc5 Maxi is so Deadly, so Beastly, he screams Just Kill Them no need to show boat and thats how im going to play him. Im going to take my built up rage of over 12 years of suck tier Maxi and Beat Face:)

MY only beeff now is with all the Button command changes. And also the gay pose HRD is talkin about.
Namco Change his Back Grab already it looks like crap i wouldnt mind seeing it gone.
Heads up i want ProCalibur 6 Maxi:sc2maxi1: to be a Heavy But Healthy Combo of SC2 and SC4 Movelist with SC5 BeastlyBasics:) no lazyness

Back