Maxi General Q&A

How can I improve my skill and train my brain not to fear to be rushdowned anymore to improve my defense skill ?

Pick the character you want to train against and take them into training mode. Look for the moves you see coming out a lot, and have the computer use them against you. Find what you can do to punish them if you are able to do so. Some moves I see come out a lot (I don't know the input, but Natsu's 2 slice move followed by a kick. The last kick is high, and Maxi LOVES punishing high moves) and learn how to counter them. Then just practice against a computer to be able to punish those moves on reaction, or just simply practice against other people online. When people get the rushdown on Maxi it can be hard to get back up sometimes.

What do you guys use post Guard Burst? My favorite is 4A+B -> 11B/dash 6A+B BE -> BL K BE or psl1 LO B depending. The former nets me around 80 dmg

44B RO RC A B BE LI A BE
Its the most damaging, no ? =p
Sometimes I use the CE if it can Ring Out

Btw, how long is the window of a guard burst ? anyone know ?

The window that you have open changes depending on the move, and I've found that you can sometimes not have enough time to get the 44B string out.

i think max meterless damage is 4A+B, 66B+K for 80. if you're planning on spending meter you get 90 from 44B>RO B>RC AB BE>LI A and 100 with the LI A BE (more if either hit clean hit). if you used a move that doesn't allow you to link 44B, then i'd probably go with 66B>LI A (63 meterless, 75 w/ BE plus the clean hit chance). most of maxi's guard burst moves allow you to link 4A+B\44B though.

i don't think they nerfed RC K at all. Wasn't in the patch notes. That move has such limited use I don't know why they would nerf it.

You can step, you can JG, you can backdash and whiff punish
You can go for a long range move, 66K, 66B, 66B+K... 6A will sometimes catch it too but not too reliable since 4B is TC after a short time
You can go for a slow move that will catch him if he use 4B after a guarded move (44B, 22B, 22A,...)
You can block and punish with CE at close range aswell

Mitsu's pullback hits everything and has pretty damn good tracking. How do you counter that move? I've tried stepping and punishing, but I guess I step too early? It seems to track really well.

The main thing is you must not be caught attacking, observe when the opponent likes to do 4B, then you can catch him with 66A or 66K as deterrence, then beat him into not using it anymore

I've had some curious results with LI B.
At points I've felt like it has tracked and at others it is completely worthless. Does anyone know a bit more info on this move?
In particular, I've felt that when I charge LI B or even partially charge it (as picky as the partial charge is) that it sometimes tracks. I haven't noticed a direction yet, but I have felt it does track a bit. Anyone confirm this?

I suspect it doesn't track at all, but the partial charge nets you CHs on reactive steps. I'll look into it soon though.

I usually do it off of 22A or something of the sort. I believe the guard recovery on 22A is long enough to delay the stepping so the LI B hits. Same goes for the other situations I've seen this occur.

Back