Maxi Post Patch Discussion

The biggest nerfs is the hitstun change on 66B, and the pushback changes. That combined with a a 15-20% damage reduction makes Maxi noncompetitive.

Anyone know what characters do well against natsu, and nightmare?

lol, did you see what they did to natsu?

Saitoh: Please tell us about the frame changes on RC AB, 66A, and 66B. Also, how badly does the 4B push-out affect the range of 4BB?

The biggest nerfs is the hitstun change on 66B, and the pushback changes. That combined with a a 15-20% damage reduction makes Maxi noncompetitive.

Anyone know what characters do well against natsu, and nightmare?

LOL....noncompetative? Really? How did you figure that? Thanks for your vauge outline of things we've known for days.

You want to know whos good against NM and Natsu. Go look at thier soul arenas.

Non-competitive is really a huge statement, he might suffer in the long run by these nerfs but who knows. Lets just wait till people pull out post-patch Maxi where it counts...but will they ? last time i saw Maxi, he was in a coffin yo.

RC A, B is -16 on block.
66A +7~8 on hit, -7 on block
66B frames are the same but the move doesnt pushback AT ALL on block now.
4B change seems very minor to me, didnt notice a huge difference.

I don't get this logic... if you really need the A button to be horizontal... well maybe they should put the LI A move on LI 6B and the A button will be useless. That should do it, no ? it's on the B button so it can be vertical now ? :P
It's just a button :)

btw the game seems to be patched on PS3

I don't "need" it to be a horizontal its in the manual the guide and the help box in game that states A is horizontal and B is vertical. I'm not following your logic if you're suggesting to change LI A into a format that matches its new property then fine, give me a new A but to change the properties of an attack that is inconsistent from the basic foundation of the game is irrational :)

So the earlier posts mentioning LI A being changed to a vertical were inaccurate? I'll take it...Still I really dislike the aGI changes I'll take the hitstun removal but a longer recovery....not too fond of the idea maybe its just 1 frame more..hopefully

RC A, B is -16 on block.
66A +7~8 on hit, -7 on block
66B frames are the same but the move doesnt pushback AT ALL on block now.
4B change seems very minor to me, didnt notice a huge difference.

Does 66A leave them in deep now? Meaning it was hard to capitalise on the +11 cuz of the hit stagger. What happens on hit now animation wise. +7 is more than enough. +11 was excess

I like that 66B doesn't push back anymore, cuz i found myself whiffing LI stuff vs retaliations more often than not. Is it still bs-5 into LI? Does it still force crouch? That's a good change imo

Is 6A+B unsafe now too??? I'm unhappy with that RC AB change but I very rarely use the non BE version. -16 means a lotta shit punishes, too many things.

I could step LI A after 6B4G before the patch :P

Can it be stepped after 22A ? especially to the right since LI B may manage something if they step to the left

On the patch announce video, mitsurugi was stepping to the left to dodge the LI A

RC A B -16 isn't very nice :(

RC AB being -16 is crazy. But I have to admit the move was very good. Still other characters have similar and safer stuff (Yoshi's 4KB).

Geez!! Now aGI seems CRAP. No damage, no combos, risky. At least in can ring out, I guess.

Now these are the worst nerfs he got.

I dunno. I dont think it ROs.

That Natsu was able to tech immediatly. Look at the bright side. At least we get a really nifty tech trap to maxis right and backwards. *sarcasm is a bitch to portray over the interwebs*

I miss Wavering Light options now. I might not be mad if there was at least a WL A after.

Back