Nationals: What Went Right/Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to leave you with this as this will be the last time I post in this thread as this thread is counter-productive to the community at large. The amount of money for the plane tickets is MUCH higher than your boy Jaxel is estimating. That equivalents to A LOT less money in the pot for nationals thus having the NVGA handle the rest. We expected this and it's what it is. It's more important to show the greatest of the fighting scene then to worry about a loss in money from are side.

Now you can think that the NVGA or I stole money there is nothing that I can about that even if the numbers where posted. I've learned over the years that people are going to think what they want. People knowing as the source know what I am about so I have never had these type of discussion until now. You simply have to believe that all was done to come up with a decent pot to support SC4 Nationals. Nothing will come from posting the numbers but more drama and it won't because the numbers are wrong. Thank you!!

Now that's the proof everyone was looking for!!

So, this guy isn't going to post the numbers, because people are going to think what they want?

If that's the case, why respond at all, since people are going to just think what they want to?

Has this dude always been like this? How do ya'll put up with that?

Knit, who exactly are you? I'm assuming that you are Brain under a different alias. Knit, posting the numbers will not stop anything from anyone who hates. If you truly believe that me posting numbers will stop this thread or even allow people like Jaxel to take back accusation of DFG and the NVGA being a theif you really don't know your people to well. There are many people that are posting that have seen the numbers or could see the numbers if they asked me but posting the numbers will not stop the craziest in this thread. People are going to believe what they want to believe no matter what twisting and lying about stuff. We have seen this in the thread already. There is no benefit for the community to post numbers but believe the big heads of the community know the real.

I see everything and I don't fail to see anything because as being part of this community for some time now I know who and what I am dealing with. I'm no rookie KIT or whoever you are. I'm going to leave you with this as this will be the last time I post in this thread as this thread is counter-productive to the community at large. The amount of money for the plane tickets is MUCH higher than your boy Jaxel is estimating. That equivalents to A LOT less money in the pot for nationals thus having the NVGA handle the rest. We expected this and it's what it is. It's more important to show the greatest of the fighting scene then to worry about a loss in money from are side.

Now you can think that the NVGA or I stole money there is nothing that I can about that even if the numbers where posted. I've learned over the years that people are going to think what they want. People knowing as the source know what I am about so I have never had these type of discussion until now. You simply have to believe that all was done to come up with a decent pot to support SC4 Nationals. Nothing will come from posting the numbers but more drama and it won't because the numbers are wrong. Thank you!!

Wow. Once again, after all that was said, you wont show anything. You know, I am a third party in this. I have nothing invested in anything here, all i wanted to do was help find out the answers. i did not take any sides. I just sat here, read all that was posted and I even told you how to prove your own innocence and still you refuse to do it. You do understand that this post just shows that you are hiding something.
It does not matter what it is but there is something that you will not show or tell the people who are accusing you of whatever. If you dont remember, I stated that I dont hold anyone responsible, but with your posts, all i see is that you have something that you do not want the public to know about. That alone is what is causing this problem and it is the cause of people questioning your methods not to mention it also makes you look bad in the eyes of the community you are speaking about.

First, I have to say that I didn't place to goto nationals. But as a player who actually put down good money to enter and play in a regional with full expectations of the money going towards those who deserve it (winners at nationals, aka the pot) actually letting other players like me know the exact numbers helps alot with my decision of entering the next regionals.

No clear numbers means top players will still be focusing on if they got the full extent of their prize. No clear numbers means would-be competitors (speaking from my own perspective) will have doubts if they should lay down that 20$ the next time around.

I for one would like NVGA show receipts for plane tickets, bring the money issue to a closure, and so the attention can be focused back on planning the next (inter)national championships. This is once again from a normal, average player who just wants this thing to end properly so we can all move on. Thanks.

Esom straight up lied about it?
Maybe Esom tried to cash the check on Monday.
DFG - I'm not trying to get on your case, but you know exactly what happened. You wrote a check to me so I could cash it for Kura. Kura was leaving and obviously could not cash the check in Korea. I went to cash it for him. It bounced. You were supposed to bring cash to the airport to give to Kura. You didn't.

You say you gave him cash later, I'll take your word for it. I left the picture when you picked Kura up from the airport.

Wow. Once again, after all that was said, you wont show anything. You know, I am a third party in this. I have nothing invested in anything here, all i wanted to do was help find out the answers. i did not take any sides. I just sat here, read all that was posted and I even told you how to prove your own innocence and still you refuse to do it. You do understand that this post just shows that you are hiding something.
It does not matter what it is but there is something that you will not show or tell the people who are accusing you of whatever. If you dont remember, I stated that I dont hold anyone responsible, but with your posts, all i see is that you have something that you do not want the public to know about. That alone is what is causing this problem and it is the cause of people questioning your methods not to mention it also makes you look bad in the eyes of the community you are speaking about.

And also not to mention that he has bad grammar.

Seriously though, sounds like Nationals was epic fail. And you could even tell by their so-called "live feed', the quality of which was abysmal. First of all, they were hours late and didn't bother inform anyone when SC would actually start so people had to watch pre-recorded Tekken for hours just so we don't miss the start of the SC matches. Second, for the bigger part of the live feed the screen was so dark you could barely make out what was going on in the match (Yes, they fixed that eventually, but such poor quality is unacceptable in the first place). Third, there was absolutely no commentary, we were dependent on the chat moderator to tell us who was playing. And of course, we didn't know where in the bracket the matches were, so we were left pretty much in the dark (In contrast, during the Evo live feed they had this nice little chart that informed us who was in what bracket and where in the overall bracket the match was, etc. You could have achieved equivalent functionality for Nationals with Power Point, for crying out loud. It's an elementary software package to use).

Fourth, two times we lost video (incidentally both times during Malek's matches against Kura and the Cernian). And fifth, at some point the sound turned into this ear-splitting screeching noise that was unbearable, hence I had to actually mute my sound.

Needless to say, the live feed from Evo was light-years ahead. So to summarize, Nationals was organized quite poorly on all fronts.

Lol... the live feed opened the door to the GATES OF HELL...

Anyway, I have pretty much of an idea of what they were doing. Rather than using an actual distribution amplifier to split the signal (which you know, would have been SMART), they used shitty $3 radioshack Y-cables (which of course means a 3.5db signal loss on each split). As the signal gets split, quality degrades, color density degrades, and luminosity degrades. Of course, they can still output this to a TV by simply raising the brightness on the TVs to max (quality and color density are still lost though); but on the live feed, no one could figure out how to raise the brightness. Obviously they didn't have anyone who knew anything about technology on their crew.

what???? The money that was made from regionals was supposed to be for the plane tickets and national pot ONLY. NONE of it was supposed to go and fund the supercon in any other way. You SEE the chart that Jaxel made which is the MINIMUM that was made from regionals meaning there was most likely more and there is around 2,000 dollars missing. WHERE did it go? Hmm? Even IF the plane tickets cost a few hundred extra for a few players coming in late, that doesn't account for all of it.

Btw, i'm the one that won it and I havent got my check yet which was supposed to be mailed about 2 weeks ago. AND the 2nd place person, Kura, had a check that was made out at the supercon so he didn't have to mail an american check to korea and the check bounced.

OMG, you don't have your money yet?! I don't believe this. This sounds like a total scam. Somebody should be liable for all this.

Knit, who exactly are you? I'm assuming that you are Brain under a different alias.

WOW Kit you gonna take that ish? lol

He keeps saying the plane tickets cost so much, or that Jaxel's numbers are wrong, but he won't post the real numbers. I'm with Marginal on this one man, contact the Better Business Bureau, or even higher if need be. $2k is nothing to sneeze at.

EDIT: at below post, he should also provide documentation of where the money went when it was sent to NVGA. But we all know he won't. Take this to a higher level, we're not getting any answers out of him.

Thinking about it... how come the pot money, which was generated during REGIONALS (which ended months ago) wasn't in the bank account till Tuesday? It should have been in the account for months, acruing interest; although not a lot. Why wasn't the money in the bank account? Probably for the reason I feared: our regional money was used to pay for expenses at Supercon.

Eitherway, that doesn't change the FACT that the pot was set at $2K by NVGA... and then we had a last-chance qualifier, in which $500 should have been generated. How come that $500 was not added to the pot?

Nope. It never happened, though I was curious about it. Would have to ask DFG.

Of course there is that bunch of people who paid their way into Nats. I don't know how many that was but that could have been added to the pot.

The last chance qualifier DID happen; it just happened that all 25 of them qualified, so there was no reason to have a tournament for it.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Thugish, I don't know what Esom told you but there is no way that he could of cash the check because none of the money from nationals was not in the account until Tuesday. Maybe Esom tried to cash the check on Monday. Even if he tried to cash the check on Monday all deposits to post until Tuesday.

Knit, who exactly are you? I'm assuming that you are Brain under a different alias. Knit, posting the numbers will not stop anything from anyone who hates. If you truly believe that me posting numbers will stop this thread or even allow people like Jaxel to take back accusation of DFG and the NVGA being a theif you really don't know your people to well. There are many people that are posting that have seen the numbers or could see the numbers if they asked me but posting the numbers will not stop the craziest in this thread. People are going to believe what they want to believe no matter what twisting and lying about stuff. We have seen this in the thread already. There is no benefit for the community to post numbers but believe the big heads of the community know the real.

I see everything and I don't fail to see anything because as being part of this community for some time now I know who and what I am dealing with. I'm no rookie KIT or whoever you are. I'm going to leave you with this as this will be the last time I post in this thread as this thread is counter-productive to the community at large. The amount of money for the plane tickets is MUCH higher than your boy Jaxel is estimating. That equivalents to A LOT less money in the pot for nationals thus having the NVGA handle the rest. We expected this and it's what it is. It's more important to show the greatest of the fighting scene then to worry about a loss in money from are side.

I'm sorry, but this is the absolute biggest cop-out I have ever seen. "I could post hard numbers to refute the money issues, but that wouldn't stop people criticizing us, so I won't do that." You and the NVGA have been dodging the hard questions this entire thread, and this is such a poor and blatant attempt to get out of having to post any sort of financial records.

From what I can see, it was clearly and concisely outlined in the nationals guidelines EXACTLY where the money earned from regionals was supposed to go, and if you can't provide irrefutable evidence that none of the money earned from regionals was spent to fund your Supercon event, then your entire organization is suspect.

I did not go to regionals, but many of my friends did, and two of them attended nationals. From an outside perspective, if I had spent money on Regionals, I would expect the money would go to either plane tickets for the qualifiers, or to the overall national pot, and nowhere else.

I can tell you that if hard evidence is not provided that money was not misspent or (god forbid) straight up pocketed, I will NEVER attend any event sponsored by the NVGA because who knows where my money will go? Maybe it is funding the tournament pot, or maybe it is lining the pockets of the NVGA so they can spend money on flashy lights, or Go-go dancers, or Dj's, or whatever else.

I am not calling you crooks and had nothing against the NVGA untill this thread popped up, but the longer you blatantly disregard requests for hard paper trails on how the money was spent, the worse you are making your entire organization look. And that makes me sad, because I am sure there are many individuals in the NVGA who are great people and love the community and want nothing but to help make the gaming community as a whole a better place, but this is a very large smudge on the NVGA name, and unless you clear it up, people will NOT forget.

How many plane tickets were purchased anyway? I've noticed that since the plane tickets were purchased pretty late, like around 2 weeks prior or so I believe? I could only assume that could cause a price hike. From what I remember, air faire from Cali to Denver could be in the $300 range, $400-500 if you book really late, and Cali is "relatively" close to Denver

wow man

Knit, who exactly are you? I'm assuming that you are Brain under a different alias.

What kind of backhanded insult is this? I haven't posted in this thread much other than to clarify misconceptions about how all this goes down, so you assume anyone YOU don't know who questions you...is me? Then I assume the other NVGA posters here are YOU, lol, their logic on handling situations is eerily similar.

The amount of money for the plane tickets is MUCH higher than your boy Jaxel is estimating. That equivalents to A LOT less money in the pot for nationals thus having the NVGA handle the rest.

You know that IS probably true, and it still shows why you failed. The tickets were supposed to be purchased MONTHS before hand, thus making tickets cheaper. Regional directors didn't get you money on time??? Nice excuse, try developing better contacts and not acting like you are "too busy" to do anything but send out blanket emails. If you are too busy with work, then do offer to run shit you can't handle.
Then again, I guess it was hard to buy tickets, since you decided to fold Nats into your Supercon agenda, instead of making it a stand alone tourney, like it was supposed to be.

We expected this and it's what it is. It's more important to show the greatest of the fighting scene then to worry about a loss in money from are side.

How exactly was the 'greatest' shown?

Now you can think that the NVGA or I stole money there is nothing that I can about that even if the numbers where posted. I've learned over the years that people are going to think what they want.

Wow, enough with the melodramatics! ONE PERSON in this thread accused you of possibly stealing, the rest of us just wanted to know what happened from Plan A to Plan B, and all you did was FAIL to answer simple questions to squash all of it.

People knowing as the source know what I am about so I have never had these type of discussion until now. You simply have to believe that all was done to come up with a decent pot to support SC4 Nationals. Nothing will come from posting the numbers but more drama and it won't because the numbers are wrong. Thank you!!

You made it clear half way through our planning that NVGA is concerned with making this into a profitable venture, this very interest started to affect the choices you made and planning that took place, YES WE KNOW, YOU GUYS LOST MONEY BLAH BLAH BLAH, due to YOUR OWN poor planning, but you also expect to take losses when laying a foundation to do an event long into the future, it's called a business model... and it's one you proved you cannot handle.

I would have been more than happy to talk this out with you Greg, but you were too 'busy' to do anything but day "hey call me at my time on my terms, so i can just give you more hypothetical BS answers over the phone!"

You took what Jaxel accused you of to heart and assumed everyone thought what he did, without going back and reading that everyone else just wanted simple answers that make sense, no PR bs attached. You failed and now the community will move on with it's own Nats, if this bs hasn't already killed what little interest there is left for it.

cha cha

Why don't we all just move on now?

It's quite apparent that many people weren't satisfied with the way Nationals was handled (and, apparently, still is being handled) so why not just leave it as it is and start thinking about the future?

If we hold a second year Nats when would it be?
(Evo and Nats being so close was a double edged sword... If it wasn't so close I don't think as many international people would have traveled for it, however it did force quite a few people to choose one or the other.)

Who would we want, as a community, to handle Nats?
(The NVGA again? Jaxel? Some other random dude?)

How could we ensure that Soul Calibur Nats is the main focus of the event?
(Proper planning and time distribution... guaranteeing food breaks and fewer distractions)

Where would it be held?
(East Coast? West Coast? Somewhere in the middle?)

Would we want to couple it with another event?
(Will SCIV even be relevant in a year? Would we need T6 or BB to boost it?)

-

I know we're not going to get any hard numbers out of the NVGA CO team and it might be because it's not documented or they just don't want to go through the hassle just to be scrutinized even further by the cost of some of the things that were provided at the event. (Plane Tickets / Lighting / DJs / Energy Drinks [which were free, by the way]).

Just let this horse pass on to a better plane of existence in peace and accept that it's over and we can learn from the mistakes that have transpired.

Just let this horse pass on to a better plane of existence in peace and accept that it's over and we can learn from the mistakes that have transpired.

Again, $2k is nothing to sneeze at. There's no reason for us to let this pass until we get answers as to where that money went. But since DFG isn't going to answer those questions, I think it's time Jaxel took some legal action.

It's obvious he's not going to tell you "exactly" where the money went so you can take the next steps and figure it out or just chalk it up to experience and learn from mistakes.

Just while this is happening start thinking of what next years Nationals will be like (if there even will be) and make sure shit is going right. Cause right now you guys are at a stalemate with him not telling shit and no answers so unless you guys are literally gonna take the legal action against this guy we might as well chalk it up to experience and start thinking of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back