North East Championships 13 (2012) Results!

Jaxel

Administrator
Teams:

http://8wayrun.challonge.com/nec13scvteams

Pools:

North East Championships 13 - Pool A
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
RTD
2nd
Rikuto
3rd
jimmypikachuchoi
4th
HumanTyphoon
5th
SiLent315
5th
Tiamat
7th
Rebound
7th
Enoch-kun
9th
Rick-san X

North East Championships 13 - Pool B
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Xephukai
2nd
Boom
3rd
XS AceUnlimited
4th
Tuxedo Tito
5th
Bibulus
5th
Jon_the_Don
7th
Demos
7th
WG
9th
Cha Cha

North East Championships 13 - Pool C
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
DUX | Hawkeye
2nd
GR8 | Woahhzz
3rd
AVN | Cross: of Ravens
4th
ChosenNinja
5th
Hoenir
5th
SaltFace
7th
Mr. Brandon Spier TB
7th
CrypticHints
9th
Jamie Saphri

North East Championships 13 - Pool D
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
RamonTSF
2nd
ZeroEffect
3rd
Sandman
4th
AVN | Macmittles
5th
Jaxel
5th
ZeroX
7th
Abstract
7th
WyseGuy
9th
Tek Legion

North East Championships 13 - Pool E
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
LP
2nd
SCPartisan
3rd
Malice
4th
Zerick
5th
MissMaia
5th
Blue Link
7th
JayOYeah
7th
OmegaXCN
9th
Shido Ohtori

North East Championships 13 - Pool F
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Thermidor
2nd
EMP | Crack Mamba
3rd
Sporko
4th
Ninjaguy446
5th
Jonnitti
5th
GreatOne
7th
KPB | Fate
7th
AVN | Slade219

North East Championships 13 - Pool G
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Jimbonator
2nd
IRM
3rd
ShinjiUrahara
4th
Dreamkiller
5th
Lordsavior
5th
Ohmani
7th
JV Ronin
7th
AppleBoom
9th
Amethyst Lady

North East Championships 13 - Pool H
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Reptile
2nd
JJJ
3rd
BEENEEWEENEES
4th
Sonicfox5000
5th
Blackberry Choas
5th
MFGU | Chris Le
7th
Phragonist
7th
EMP | RLG Royal Lance
9th
Marian McLean

Top 16:

North East Championships 13 - Top 16
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Xephukai
$56.00
2nd
DUX | Hawkeye
$40.00
3rd
LP
$24.00
4th
Reptile
$16.00
5th
Thermidor
$8.00
5th
RTD
$8.00
7th
Ramon
$4.00
7th
GR8 | Woahhzz
$4.00
9th
Jimbonator
9th
Rikuto
9th
SCPartisan
9th
iRocktheMaxi
13th
JJJ
13th
ZeroEffect
13th
Boom
13th
EMP | Crack Mamba

Replays:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsHddFGhhKiRMU5CUlDmvt1KVzDYBhcH
Top 4 was on Sp00ky's stream... those will get uploaded who knows when...

• Admin
Does anyone know what is Boom's account here in 8WR? and what characters he used?

• Admin
I usually don't write in results threads beyond the basic stuff, but I think there are a few things that need to be addressed. I heard a lot of complaints about what happened on Sunday. Top 4 for SC5 was supposed to be at 4PM on Sp00ky's stream. Instead, they did not happen till close to 6:30. This happened because of a specific TTT2 player. TTT2 was supposed to go on after both DOA5 and SC5. But TTT2 was pushed up and it pushed everybody else back. What happened? KOR had a flight out at 4PM.

Now when I was running SC5 top 16, I was running it on 3 TVs to get it done and ready for Sp00ky by 3PM; we finished at 2:30 and were right on schedule. I've been running tournaments for many years, I know the logistics of scheduling and its one of the reasons why the APEX guys came to me to help them better schedule the Smash Bros event this year (which BTW, will be awesome). So we were on schedule, we did nothing wrong. So why did we get punished? Why did the entirety of the Soulcalibur and Dead or Alive communities get screwed?

This is where the problem came in. TTT2 was pushed forward to help ONE player. One player who is in top 8 of EVERY tournament he attends. Someone who should have known better than to bookend his flights like that. The real problem isn't KOR though. Its that NEC validated his behavior by conforming to his needs; they showed favoritism to a top player. Thankfully I spoke with BigE and he assured me that something like this will not happen again. Next time, KOR will just be DQ'ed, as he should have been in the first place.

Schedules exist for a reason and they need to be adhered to. Another issue was that Sp00ky offered to stream top 16 for MK9. Now, Sp00ky may be a good streamer, but I think he underestimated the amount of time it would take to run top 16. and that pushed everything back a bit as well.

Congrats to Xeph for the win. I did badly in the tournament but got to see some players I hadn't seen in person before. I really wanted to play some people on sunday but all the setups got taken away -_-

Congratulations to you, Xeph.

And to Reptile, great placing for your first Major (I believe?).

Congratulations to Reptile for being a low tier hero and not a low tier martyr.

Congratulations to peer pressure for getting Woahhzz out there for all of our enjoyment.

Congratulations to Xeph for winning.

Congratulations to Guile vs Guile SF4 AE 2012 grand finals to make me feel like its 1992 all over again *ahhh...sweet, sweet nostalgia...*

Congrats to Xeph, and to everyone else who took part. The gameplay was so solid all round, it was a pleasure to watch.
Thanks, Jaxel (and Sp00ky), for the stream, really appreciate it.

Had a lot of fun watching Team Stabs + Ring Outs too. And I almost wet myself at the sight of an Omega mirror :P

Congrats to all placers and thanks to Jaxel for running the stream out of his own pocket (which was thankfully covered by donations)

Congrats to Xeph for the win. I did badly in the tournament but got to see some players I hadn't seen in person before. I really wanted to play some people on sunday but all the setups got taken away -_-

Hope you enjoyed yourself, repping that Algol tech :P

NEC 13 was awesome. One of the best Top 4's I've ever seen. Everyone took their game to the next level. I will worship Raptor Jesus forever. It goes to show that anyone willing to put the time in a character can get to the top. Next thing you know we might see Z.W.E.I., Raphael, & Leixia in future Top 8s. It's going to give hope to those Soul Arenas that has a lot of negativity especially the Leixia one. Again, congratulations to everyone who was there.

Next thing you know we might see Z.W.E.I., Raphael, & Leixia in future Top 8s. It's going to give hope to those Soul Arenas that has a lot of negativity especially the Leixia one. Again, congratulations to everyone who was there.

Lol, what are you talking about? This was the first tournament where I've missed top 8 since SC5 released, and trust me, I only lost because they were good players, not balance issues. Also, the Leixia forums haven't been negative in months...

At any rate, had a lot of fun this weekend. Only regret was feeling sick Saturday night and being unable to casual with y'all up in 317. Great games to everyone I did play. Might do a few shoutouts later

The couple of games I was able to catch on stream were VERY high-quality matches. Thermidor v. Woahzz comes immediately to mind, and some of the team matches as well. I'll be hitting the stream archive when I find some free time :)

Congrats to Xeph on two big tourney wins in a row, and way to go Chicago taking 2nd and 3rd! :D

Lol, what are you talking about? This was the first tournament where I've missed top 8 since SC5 released, and trust me, I only lost because they were good players, not balance issues. Also, the Leixia forums haven't been negative in months...

At any rate, had a lot of fun this weekend. Only regret was feeling sick Saturday night and being unable to casual with y'all up in 317. Great games to everyone I did play. Might do a few shoutouts later
The Leixia nerfs remind me more of Sagat nerfs, than say Talim nerfs. Yes, she got nerfed, but it didn't make her bad. Sagat got nerfed hardcore in SF4; and immediately everyone stopped playing him... but he's still a good character.

The Leixia nerfs remind me more of Sagat nerfs, than say Talim nerfs. Yes, she got nerfed, but it didn't make her bad. Sagat got nerfed hardcore in SF4; and immediately everyone stopped playing him... but he's still a good character.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far, but we shouldn't go into it here since this really isn't the thread for it.

Had a great time out there. Really awesome meeting you guys and seeing some people who were out at ECT. I really saw a lot of improvement from ECT. I found out a lot of my weaknesses and i know where to improve upon for next time. Next event I'll be at is Apex. See you guys there!

Next thing you know we might see Z.W.E.I., Raphael, & Leixia in future Top 8s..
Raph made 4th at ECT. I feel the main reason why he didnt make it top top 16 this time around is because that player couldnt make it out.

Congrats to Xeph, Hawkeye and LP.
It is good to see Reptile represents Canada well and shows the Aeon's true power.
Thermidor's Nightmare looks so solid. I can say that he probably is as good as Keev now.
I really want to see Partisan get Top3 because he is the guy keeps beating me badly in Toronto. Pray for next times.
I give the credit to the guy waving the Canada flag in front of the camera. yeah.

Shoutouts to everyone that made it out to this tournament, especially the online warriors that decided to make this their first Calibur tournament.

We got pretty good crowd reactions during top 4 main stage, so I was happy to see that. Our game even got more participants and more hype on the big stage than DOA5, a newer game.

Good to see everyone there. Keep supporting Calibur!

Back