Official Soulcalibur V 1.03 Patch Notes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin
The last patch, was just under a month ago and it already looks like we're getting another one this week! From talking with Namco Bandai, I was under the impression that the 1.02 patch added a few "network bugs" into the mix, and since Project Soul spent so much time bringing us the best online netcode ever, they were naturally upset about this.

Well it seems, in addition to fixing the new network issues, Namco has also included a list of various other fixes and balance changes. Be warned though, the patch notes I have been supplied with were completely in Japanese; so I'm doing my best to translate them.

Battle System Adjustments
  • 特定のタイミングでヴィオラ、ツヴァイの攻撃が相手からのダメージを無効化できていた現象について対処しました。
  • Attack phenomenon was addressed where Viola and Z.W.E.I. could reset the damage scaler.
Algol
  • 66A+B: 2段目の空中ヒット時に相手に与える効果を変更し、浮かせ状態の高さを低くしました。
  • :6::6::A+B: - Reduced the height of the launch state on the second hit.
Astaroth
  • 236236A+B+K(アギュル・セステムス): 前回の修正に加え、特殊なしゃがみ操作によっても回避される現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Fixed a glitch where the opponent could 1-frame duck the command throw in certain states (such as back-turn)
Ivy
  • 236236A+B+K(流転せよ、奇なる運命): 前回の修正に加え、特殊なしゃがみ操作によっても回避される現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Fixed a glitch where the opponent could 1-frame duck the command throw in certain states (such as back-turn)
Leixia
  • クリティカルエッジ: 技自体の硬直時間を増やしました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Reduced the hit stun time on Leixia's critical edge so that she can no longer combo from it. (This probably prevents here from doing a critical edge into critical edge)
Mitsurugi
  • 236B(差踏岩戸割): 特定の条件で、通常の236Bと同等の攻撃発生で出せた現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::B: - Glitch fixed... although I have no idea what that was.
Viola
  • オーブ設置時6B+K: ガード時に相手に与える効果を変更し、強制立ち状態にならないようにしました。
  • :6::B+K: - Changed the affect of a guarding opponent so that they are no longer forced to a standing position out of crouch.
  • クリティカルエッジ: ガード時に相手に与える効果を変更し、強制立ち状態にならないようにしました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Changed the affect of a guarding opponent so that they are no longer forced to a standing position out of crouch.
Z.W.E.I.
  • 66A+B: 技自体の硬直時間を増やしました。
  • :6::6::A+B: - Recovery time of the move has been increased. Reduced the length of block stun for the opponent.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
2 little 2 late Team Caliber IV come to realize you guys are either finanically incapable or Extremely Dumb ... I also find it funny how you guys cater so much to Japan when only Us & EU can make or break your product

TBH it looks more like bugfixes than nerfs to me. Yes, certain characters need buffing but personally I'd rather see the cheap tricks gone than suffer yet another Leixia infinite.

"My poor Leixia, my poor ZWEI, my poor Siegried."

Good lord you babies make me not want to play the game anymore. You obviously suck if you think these characters need buffs and are lower than mid tier.

What's next? An Astaroth player going to come in and say that he needs a power or speed buff? Boo. Fucking. Hoo.

Speaking of 'Roth, I fully expect some kind of damage nerf or his wall combos to get nerfed. I do too much damage. ^^

Glad you thought ZWEI was good enough to get nerfed. Now we all know who they were talking to for this patch.

Don't know if that was sarcasm or genuine but after getting caught in all the tech traps I have from ZWEI, then those complaining about him are doing something wrong.

Play. Adapt. Overcome.

I used to complain about Astaroth being too slow. Found a way to compensate.

Sure ZWEI has traps, of course he can do some funky stuff to you if you let him. But don't kid yourself, this guy has mountains of problems, and his traps are easy to avoid after seeing them once.

I'm not here to argue with you, but I just want you to think: why was getting one last shot at ZWEI prioritized over so much other stuff, including the fact that he was nerfed last patch? Why ZWEI over Mitsu?

It's just not logical.

Well I don't know of his mountain of problems because I haven't seen anything or heard besides right now.

But I can definitely agree he's not the first person I'd expect to get nerfed.

But there are characters that are more deserving of buffs. But that's how the cookie crumbles... Sadly.

Don't know if that was sarcasm or genuine but after getting caught in all the tech traps I have from ZWEI, then those complaining about him are doing something wrong.

Play. Adapt. Overcome.

I used to complain about Astaroth being too slow. Found a way to compensate.

Hello! ^_^

I really like your quote that said, "Play. Adapt. Overcome." Mind if I add that phrase to my signature, please?

Besides, I do agree with those words. We really needed things like this to keep us on our toes every once in a while to "shake things up", so to speak. It's the only way to survive competitively, after all.

Man the aggro accompanying every set of patch notes is hilarious. This patch is clearly a quick fix for a few bugs and not intended to be a total shake-up of character balance... it takes time to sort that kind of thing out, especially with the ridiculous approval process each patch has to go through.

"My poor Leixia, my poor ZWEI, my poor Siegried."

Good lord you babies make me not want to play the game anymore. You obviously suck if you think these characters need buffs and are lower than mid tier.

What's next? An Astaroth player going to come in and say that he needs a power or speed buff? Boo. Fucking. Hoo.

Speaking of 'Roth, I fully expect some kind of damage nerf or his wall combos to get nerfed. I do too much damage. ^^
He does too much damage? What do you expect him to do Leixia damage?????? You're statements are laughable. I totally agree with The_Landslide on your Z.W.E.I. comment. Z.W.E.I didn't need to get backhanded by the nerf hand.

Anybody can explain how Leixia, who is ALWAYS playing between risk reward need a nerf. Play with her andk now her mix up and boom! She is over. Leixia have a huge window between her most powerfull moves. Her pokes are poor in damage, and you have a giant work to always be unexpected.

Hit confirmable 150 dmg combos possible and common in final round scenarios does not fit that description, that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

10 Viewers
Draethiox
Draethiox
It's that time again folks
6 Viewers
SC_MercyMainBTW
SC_MercyMainBTW
Filling emptiness with an empty game~ Song requests up! (Ask for matches)
2 Viewers
kanskaii
kanskaii
SoulCalibur Ranked Fun!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back