Patroklos Q&A/Discussion Thread

I'm still learning Patroklos, can any summarize all his moves that tracks in this game? He seems to be pretty limited

I'm still learning Patroklos, can any summarize all his moves that tracks in this game? He seems to be pretty limited

i dont know all the moves that tracks, but the best for me are 3A, and 66A...if you hit 66A will give you +12 frames of advantage, you can make frame traps with that move, like 236B, 3B, 66B.

Maybe it was already discussed, but can someone help a noob? I'm really having trouble playing against quick spammers as Patroklos. I need some good punish moves and/or lead ins into combos, when playing against them. My problem is, something like 66B is too slow and quick moves like 1K, etc are out of reach after getting pushed back when blocking.
Also while I'm at it, freaking Nightmare, any help against him would be appreciated, lol.
Oh, and also, just to be sure for myself, does his JS A needs small amount of "space" for steps to be executed? I notice that I often can't execute it at point blank/very short distances, but thats just probably me...

His main punish move is 236B. His 2A has short range so it's not of as much use as other characters, but really you want to make sure to be either in their face or far enough away where they have to worry about 66A and 66B. If people spam AA you can duck it and punish with WR A+B -> 3KK -> 3B. Although Natsu might AAB so it's a little trickier to know when to block against her.

Against Nightmare I generally like to block and punish or step if I get the chance. I'm not great at the matchup because I don't play any good Nightmares, against the ones I play I can usually get away with 66B BE when he enters stance and things like that.

I don't use enough 236A to comment on it.

His main punish move is 236B. His 2A has short range so it's not of as much use as other characters, but really you want to make sure to be either in their face or far enough away where they have to worry about 66A and 66B. If people spam AA you can duck it and punish with WR A+B -> 3KK -> 3B. Although Natsu might AAB so it's a little trickier to know when to block against her.

Against Nightmare I generally like to block and punish or step if I get the chance. I'm not great at the matchup because I don't play any good Nightmares, against the ones I play I can usually get away with 66B BE when he enters stance and things like that.

I don't use enough 236A to comment on it.
Thanks for reply. Huh, for some reason I didn't thought using 236B as straight punish, I was only using it as a counter, like when I see enemy starting up attack animation I go WHAM! "Justice says NO to your attack!" lol.

frame traps... hmm.. when i find some i let you know. I been doing some locks but frame traps rarely. His game really doesnt relies much on frame traps as to his great poking game. Unlike ppl like Xiba or Asta who can lock you down i understand. With Patro its kinda hard.

I think Pat's main stem of potentially bad matchups will be those who can zone him out consistently. Otherwise, I honestly think he seems like one of the best close range characters in the game. So on the basis of predicting very few bad matchups, I think Patroklos will most likely find himself in the upper placements in established tier lists. Not top, but certainly somewhere between mid and high.

I think Pat's main stem of potentially bad matchups will be those who can zone him out consistently. Otherwise, I honestly think he seems like one of the best close range characters in the game. So on the basis of predicting very few bad matchups, I think Patroklos will most likely find himself in the upper placements in established tier lists. Not top, but certainly somewhere between mid and high.

Too bad his worst match-ups are very popular characters

What are you guys thinking of his meter? I think he's actually got a couple decent ways to spend it.
CE is ok to punish with for big damage, so keeping a bar stocked gives your opponent reason to limit their moves.

66aA+B+K: isn't actually that good imho unless you know it's going to hit. Easy to jG easy to step. You leave yourself open to free damage. That said if you KNOW it's going to hit then you can do it and get a chunk of good damage.

1bA+B+K: Good for combo filler if you have a lot of bar and need that last little bit of damage. I use a lot of 1B and keeping some meter on hand to convert my 1B combo into 1B, 1bA+B+K, CE has won me a handful of games.

236bA+B+K: Makes our punisher safe, in those clutch scenarios where you block something and aren't sure you'll punish and getting 236B blocked could be bad you might use it. Also nice to squeeze round winning damage out of a punisher. Can be used in combos to tack on a bit more damage or push your opponent back. I like it near walls for launcher-> 236bA+B+K, 236K.

GI: I haven't played with it much but I figure GI would be very solid for pat if 66B lands afterwards.
Just curious what you guys think about each option.

I'm a fan of CE punish, also a fan of 236B BE to make it safe. GI's are good especially in certain matchups. I don't think 1B BE is worth it unless you REALLY need to end the round. 66A BE is not good against experienced players, but can be useful if used sparingly. Most of my meter goes into CE's I'm working on trying to use GI more.

The best use of meter in ring out possible stages is to force a whiff (duck a high, step a vertical, etc) and punish with WR K, A, CE. The ring out range on this combo is nuts.

What are you guys thinking of his meter? I think he's actually got a couple decent ways to spend it.
CE is ok to punish with for big damage, so keeping a bar stocked gives your opponent reason to limit their moves.

CE is not only good for doing punishing damage, in multiple hit combos do very little damage....but....if you are near to ring edge, you will ring out for sure, and get pass over middle walls/barriers.

66aA+B+K: isn't actually that good imho unless you know it's going to hit. Easy to jG easy to step. You leave yourself open to free damage. That said if you KNOW it's going to hit then you can do it and get a chunk of good damage.

that move is very good!!!.....you can tech trap with that move, and when they are standing from a combo, they dont have enough time to evade or JG the second hit, and on block the second hit give you +8 frame advantage, that means if you do a BB, 6BB, 236B or 44KK after, no one can interrupt you and if they try will be a counter hit......also you can do a 3B, 8A+B or 6A, but natsu or leixia can win because they have AA of i10...but other characters cant.

1bA+B+K: Good for combo filler if you have a lot of bar and need that last little bit of damage. I use a lot of 1B and keeping some meter on hand to convert my 1B combo into 1B, 1bA+B+K, CE has won me a handful of games.

yeah good for combo, after 66A(BE) will hit too.

236bA+B+K: Makes our punisher safe, in those clutch scenarios where you block something and aren't sure you'll punish and getting 236B blocked could be bad you might use it.

after this on hit, you can get a tech trap with 66A(BE)

GI: I haven't played with it much but I figure GI would be very solid for pat if 66B lands afterwards.
Just curious what you guys think about each option.

I dont use GI with patroklos...because he already have a very good autoGI, A+B.

I believe 8A+B used as air-hit (such as post 3B) can be air-controlled to the defending characters right. I just know it can be escaped, as I was loving it as a follow-up until discovering it can be escaped in training. I will double check tonight air-right was my finding.

Actually idk its its known but
A+G doesn allow techroll, 236K will beat all rolls force block
66B+G, 3K tech trap. 236K beat all rolls
sick stuff

Actually idk its its known but
A+G doesn allow techroll, 236K will beat all rolls force block
66B+G, 3K tech trap. 236K beat all rolls
sick stuff

good info belial as always, i have my patroklos collecting dust, because im training with ZWEI.....later i will test it......thanks ;)

I just checked out some extra stuff based off what beliel said.
4K will catch all techs off of 66B+G EXCEPT backroll. On hit leaves you at +5 and a nice range for Patroklos. You're close enough to grab again. If they ukemi back 236:B will catch them for a HUGE chunk of damage with the grab. Downed gets 236K.
CE will also catch anyone ukemi-ing off the grab but let's face it...outside the flash that is pretty silly

Sucks 236K is so unsafe. You can't really make them respect the tech traps when your options can lead to your demise.

Back