Patroklos Q&A/Discussion Thread

Anyone use 3B into 2B+K? 54 damage and seems like better Oki than other options
I went back and looked at this. I could have sworn it was a combo on the training dummy only.

It seems to be distance dependent- it has less chance of hitting the closer you are (opponent can guard).

3B, 3B does about 5 pts less damage, but you recover faster, and the knockdown is untechable (opponent can tech after being hit with 2B+K). But I guess 2B+K's oki after tech is not so bad.

I just don't like that it's not consistent at all ranges. That smells like trouble to me.

Does Pat have any wallsplat moves that recover fast enough for him to do a grab after the wallsplat?

*Doesn't look like it. Damn. :( I was hoping to end a wall combo with 66B+G and do the CE tech trap and see how much it did. Oh well, probably woulda been broken anyways.

I thought 22A and 22AA wallsplat to his right and left and they recover fast enough to grab them. It might be distant dependent though, and 22AA isn't very reliable imo.

I tried 22A and it didn't work, didn't think about 22AA though I don't think that would work for what I'm trying either. In order for the 22B+G to not wall hit again I'd have to do it off the second wall hit in the combo, otherwise the CE tech trap wouldn't work.

Yeah but again I'm looking for a move that I can do after the first wall hit to cause a second wall hit I can grab out of so the 66B+G will NOT wall hit and I can do the tech trap. And 44B+K does kinda work but it is range dependent. I'm just gonna give up on this idea.

this was on the wiki, i dont know where to post this but whoever can edit it should change "mash" to "spin the joystick." even though we all of us already know that i play a lot of people who dont know how to reduce the number of hits properly
Edited. Let me know if I should rephrase it.

Yeah but again I'm looking for a move that I can do after the first wall hit to cause a second wall hit I can grab out of so the 66B+G will NOT wall hit and I can do the tech trap. And 44B+K does kinda work but it is range dependent. I'm just gonna give up on this idea.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any unless you're BT, in which case you get the backthrow.

3B W! 3B W! 66B (tech trap: front/back/right ->) 44B+K W! CE = 223. 44B+K Clean Hit kills. Right ukemi can sometimes whiff depending on angles, etc.

It can work, you just gave to do the 66B+K as soon as possible so he doesn't move forward any after the 66B.

3B W! 3B W! 66B (tech trap: front/back/right ->) 44B+K W! CE = 223. 44B+K Clean Hit kills. Right ukemi can sometimes whiff depending on angles, etc.
How is that a tech trap and not a combo? Do you just delay it a bit?

It can work, you just gave to do the 66B+K as soon as possible so he doesn't move forward any after the 66B.

How is that a tech trap and not a combo? Do you just delay it a bit?
44B+K is suppose to catch the tech off 66B if I read it correctly.

picard-face-palm.gif

I was thinking it was 66B+K, I always get my 4 and 6 moves mixed up. :/

Back