Patroklos Video Thread

anyone wanna play some Patroklos mirror matches? I'd like to play some. Add me on psn: Fuzion404

I like fighting this guy because he seems to be pretty good with just about anyone.
I'd have too many weak links to play any Mimic.

I like fighting this guy because he seems to be pretty good with just about anyone.
I'd have too many weak links to play any Mimic.
Commentary ahoy:

Round 1
~You got caught by Ivy's 22_88BBBB (upper-slash to triple whip thingy) a fair few times. Counter it by sidestepping when you spot the animation for the first hit. Getting used to countering it will obviously be a case of getting used to the match up, so plod on.
~It will take practice, but continue endeavouring to perfect your combos. eg. you landed a 22_88B, but failed to follow up with 3KK 3B, instead opting for wake-up 66B+K, which does not ever work for that launcher.

Round 2
~I wish you luck in learning the Voldo matchup: he's a tricky one.
~I honestly believe using 1B* outside of ringout combos is pointless. Curb the habit as soon as possible, as you can get more damage with the combo 1B 66A+B.
~Good job keeping the pressure on him for getting complacent. That will teach him not to use lows lol

Round 3
~I wish you luck in learning the Viola matchup: she's kind of a bitch.
~Your lack of character knowledge was clearly exploited here. Couldn't be helped, so make a point of working on it at some point.
~Look out for 1A+B, the sweeping low that starts with a hop. It's one of her few long ranged horizontal attacks, so she will want to use it to get in.

Round 4
~Raphael's Prep stance is a pesky mixup, but 236AB can beat all of his options (apart from K or GIing with 4), but including entering Shadow Evade thanks to is great tech crouch. Make him scared to enter Prep, and do get in practice for dealing with the stance when you can.
~Dropped combo into justice for the round was hilarious to watch.

Round 5
~Punish a blocked CE really hard (except Devil Jin's, which is safe on block for some reason). Have to get that free damage in when you can.

For overall points, keep working on landing combs consistently: eg. in the last round, you landed WR KA but was slow on the follow up of 2A+B. This includes recognising whether or not you've actually landed the starter. Reacting accordingly will take practice, so keep at it. Also, I get the feeling you pissed him off with those taunts and waping hi good when he tried doing some mid match so lol

Here's some online vids of me against a decent Nightmare player. It has some of the punishment you can do and how I generally fight grim stride garbage. I also won a few tournaments with Pat recently and it was recorded, I'll see if I can get ahold of the vids and put them up later.

Looking back, I did some really weird stuff. I guess I was just pretty tired at the time.
I hope I managed to look at least somewhat competent.

Back