Patroklos Video Thread

There is use for 44K(17 frames useful frametrap) as a side step killler and counter hit setup only -8 on block second hit. Wake up CE to blow up slow wake up moves from the opponent for a large amount of damage is also useful.

i think you mean 44KK.

And im only saw a combo in your video...44KK>3B, i think is better option to do 44KK>236K for meter gain and better damage

Your Pat is good but you didn't optimize your combos.
Example :
You did : - WS A+B , JS B BE, 44B
Whereas you could replace 44B by JS K (because more dmg)

or

You did just : WS A+B, JS B
Whereas you can WS A+B, JS B BE, 1B BE (for more dmg & RO ! )

44B as an ender after 236B BE is nice because its recovery isn't nearly as bad as JS K's. If you try to press your offense after JS K's ground hit you risk eating a wakeup CH.

44B as an ender after 236B BE is nice because its recovery isn't nearly as bad as JS K's. If you try to press your offense after JS K's ground hit you risk eating a wakeup CH.

yeah is good if you want to maintain presure, but if you want damage-meter, is not

Your Pat is good but you didn't optimize your combos.
Example :
You did : - WS A+B , JS B BE, 44B
Whereas you could replace 44B by JS K (because more dmg)

or

You did just : WS A+B, JS B
Whereas you can WS A+B, JS B BE, 1B BE (for more dmg & RO ! )

Thanks, I didn't know they were even a combo.

Good JG to last hit of Pyrrha CE, I know 66B > CE is better, but in the match I react to do only 3B > CE....LOL

Hey, anyone got an footage of how they approach the Leixia matchup? Drake? Keysona? Anyone? Having trouble against her, lowish damage but excellent frames.

Thanks, I need to stop being bodied by Hyrul's Leixia (and Tira). Granted I havent studied her too much but seems like I get frame trapped to hell

I only played Pat for one game in this tournament. I kinda got slapped.

Man what can I say. Some pretty solid playing but the thing that stood out to me is you don't use your meter nearly as much as you should. One of the core strengths of Pat is his above average meter gain which really allows him to put his meter to work. I was bored so I did this little write up as I watched the video:

2:08 Golden rule. When you have a big life lead never go for the finish, wait for the punish.
2:17 You had full meter. CE or JS B BE after 3b.
2:20 Again you had full meter.
2:40 Should have followed up with JS B BE, JS K. More damage and since the wall is at her back you get a free JS K which gives you back most of the meter you used.
2:45 Not full meter but this is the last round. There is no saving meter for the next one. Use that ish.
--
3:28 You JUST gained meter to JS B BE into JS K. But not that big as a transgression.
5:06 I understand not watching to burn meter on a CE but WS a+b > 3kk > JS K or if you feel the 3kk will be off axis (happens but not that often) just JS K. Much better meter gain as well as oki options of course I'd have burned a BE on that JS B.
5:13 Okay you got full meter. Use that ish.
5:45 This one lost you the match. Same as 2:45. Its the last round use that meter. If you had CE'ed after that 22b that would have been an easy ring out and the game.
(small side note after that roll should have thrown out b+k instead of 2b. Hits A LOT harder and if they'd have gotten up to block it you have gotten GB for the win, lol.)
--
7:18 Should have JS B BE'ed. You won the round but that would have ended it. Given the choice to leave my opponent with a 1% chance to in or a 0% chance to win. I'll choose 0.
7:30 You were close enough to being full to burn a CE to take a commanding life lead or at the very least BE that JS B.
7:46 Again full meter. And back to wall. JS B BE > JS K for most of your meter back or CE to clinch the round. I'd have CE'ed. As they say 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
8:15 Respect the choice to BE but you're down 2 rounds to 1. CE that and get all the damage you can. In that situation you use that meter to win, cause if you loose that round that meter isn't going to help you.
--
9:40 I'd have CE'ed after that 22b. I respect the choice not to. It might not have finished the job but it would put you at even odds.
5:54 You're at full meter. Down 2 rounds and at a major life deficit. No reason at all not to CE after that wsa+b.
That match should have been a lot closer than it was. Not saying all of the above choices are 100% correct just pointing out all the times you could have used your meter to an advantage. Honestly 75% to 125% meter should be your 'dumping point' It chances from match up from match up to me but anything paster 125% meter I get ride of. Make them prove they can punish a naked JS B BE, or if they are being agressive throw a GI in their face, but never... under any circumstances under my control do I end a round with more than 175% meter. And if I'm down one round you beter believe I'm dumping all my meter cause its either gonna A. help me win that round or B. I loose that round and get a free meter to play with. So there really is no reason to save meter with Pat. Use that meter like a 2 penny harlot on pay day!

Yeah, irs one of my biggest flaws as a player, meter management. I just usually forget to use it and just harbour that shit for no reason. Currently Im trying to actively look at and use my meter as much as possible, I find if I don't look at it for a while, I just wont use it.

Well Guys, I'm participating in a League of SoulCalibur V in my country(Chile), until now i have winned all my fights with Patroklos, our group is learning how to play in a competitive way, our level is far for being at the level of USA, Singapore, France, Japan, etc., but we have the will to improve.

Here are my fights until now....the last 2 ones place me in N°1 of the Chilean Ranking, im open to criticism, thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english LOL ;)

06-01-2013 Chilean League - KaKui(Patroklos) VS Peabass(Omega Pyrrha)

16-01-13 Chilean League - KaKui(Patroklos-Zwei) VS Saimonchild(Nightmare)

20-01-2013 Chilean League - KaKui(Patroklos) VS Albhed_X(Tira-Raphael)

21-01-13 Chilean League - KaKui(Patroklos) VS KyokushinV(Hilde-Siegfried)

Good sets! Interesting use of 66A+B...

You're doing a good job. Honestly, the only thing that's missing I think is punishment, in all of these videos are instances where you missed good damage opportunities.

But, punishment study is a big time investment, and you are doing so well the extra work probably is not warranted. It's up to you really.

Some nice comebacks in there!

Good sets! Interesting use of 66A+B...

You're doing a good job. Honestly, the only thing that's missing I think is punishment, in all of these videos are instances where you missed good damage opportunities.

But, punishment study is a big time investment, and you are doing so well the extra work probably is not warranted. It's up to you really.

Some nice comebacks in there!

yeah i learned to use 66A+B when some players attack me on wake up, i dont need to be so close to attack in okizeme with that move, i use it too after a A+G grab ;)

and yeah i need to study more the punishment, i know some punishment on block, but in this fights the presure was so high, that i dont reacted to moves i normally react XDDD, like 66A from siegfried i blocked all of them, i never duck it XDDD.

Many thanks for your reply Drake ;)

66A+B and 2B+K are very underrated tools in Pat's arsenal. Much safer and more damaging alternatives to hit grounded opponents than 3B, 1K, 11K, 44B, or 236K, which seem to be the most commonly used ones. I think the main reason I see so little of these moves is because 66B and 1B supersede them.

Also, 2B+K is badass looking.

This is my last Fight in the Chilean League with Patroklos....
I do not have Experience Against Yoshi, that gave me a so terrible nervous state for this fight, for that reason i made a lot of mistakes, like when i tryed to interrupt yoshi with 2A or 2B and i do 1A or 1B lol, some of this mistakes was so stupid, that i discovered new things(66B into 8B+K) LOL, and made me laugh so hard when i was playing this fight, that the laugh made me won, because if i became frustrated I think I would have lost XDDD....epic moment-little edition at the end ;)

About 66B > 8 B+K....the 8 B+K part give ground stun state to the opponent, that let you do combos with, 236 K for 100 damage withouth meter!!!.....the opponent can escape via right or left ukemi only, but that is difficult to happen in real fights, and if they do you can timing the moment of the ukemi and do a 66A(BE) > 66 A+B for an ukemi trap for more damage......you can combo with 2A+B, 3B, etc....but the better option is 236K....Patroklos after 8 B+K will face the opponent alone, you only have to wait a little before do the 236K...try it guys is so good ;)

Back