PC vs Consoles

Which platform is home to you?

• Total voters
Doesn't PC also have a HUUGE lag problem as well? A very long time ago, I played a demo of World of Warcraft & hated it. My reason: I got shit stomped by a boar about 40 yards away. When he attacked, he was 5 yards away. Then I started running & the Boar was being still while biting the air. I was still taking damage, traveling 10 yards, then 25 yards, then 40 yards, then my touro w/e character died. I immediately said fuck this game...

Have you seriously never heard of JoytoKey?
no... ;.;

Go google.

Also, WoW is shit.
Now I heard of it n.n
So what about other buttons besides the joy stick? Doesn't PC games require like an average of 50 button inputs? Or is it enough for a game pad to handle? Cause I know in consoles we break it down to options & make our way their, while PC just has it all lined up for you for each key.

Now I heard of it n.n
So what about other buttons besides the joy stick? Doesn't PC games require like an average of 50 button inputs? Or is it enough for a game pad to handle? Cause I know in consoles we break it down to options & make our way their, while PC just has it all lined up for you for each key.
Depends on the game, really. Most games have the option for a joypad somewhere in the menus, it's no big deal. You shouldn't need JoytoKey that much anymore, at least with Steam games.

I had never heard of JoytoKey until it was mentioned in this thread. Then again, I haven't needed it so I had no reason to search for it. As soon as I have Xbox360 controllers (or my X360/PS3 hybrid arcade sticks) plugged in, the games recognize them as the input source. At most, I'd need to select "controller" in the games' options menus.

The only times I've ever had to use another piece of software were when I was using a hybrid control scheme (controller on the left, mouse on the right). For that I just used the Logitech Gaming Software that came with my gamepad/mouse.

Besides PC games having problems such as
* Meet modders/hackers more frequently
* Easily interrupted during gameplay
* Much worse lag compared to consoles
* Assuming that game pads are compatible to play PC games identically to the mouse & keyboard.
Is their anything else I should be aware of or that I should know?

If your goal is to have a simpler, more controlled gaming experience, consoles are probably your best bet, DEX. That's totally cool. Your gaming is for you to enjoy, not for others to judge. I don't subscribe to the "PC master race über alles" bullshit.

As for the points you just mentioned:
  • Hackers in multiplayer... Yeah, worse on PC
  • Easily interrupted gameplay... is not something I've had to deal with much over the past couple of years. Just adjust your auto-updating preferences and it should fix much of this. Part of PC gaming is dealing with the non-gaming elements of the machine. It's just the nature of the beast.
  • Worse lag than consoles... Maybe? I can't say I've noticed it. I used to play WoW, as well. While I did experience substantial lag at times, it seemed to be more about my internet connection or load on the realm server, not my computer.
  • Game pads... I have nothing more to add.
This has been a fairly solid thread with good points made for both sides. Whatever platform you call home, just have fun... your fun.

Last edited:
If your goal is to have a simpler, more controlled gaming experience, consoles are probably your best bet, DEX.
DEX wouldn't have gone to the PC if the games that was once made for consoles didn't have to move to the PC only. Game developers really do enjoy pissing me off n.n

The lag problem you describe is not inherent to the PC itself, but could be caused by the fact that the PC is a true multi-tasking machine. On consoles, you are not allowed to have background processes running at the same time as games, which means that
1) The hardware is fully dedicated to the currently running game.

2) There cannot be a process using the internet connection at the same time.

If you are careful, however, there is no reason why a PC should be laggier.

If you can't go to the Task Manager and shut off all unnecessary applications running in the background, you don't deserve a gaming PC.

* Meet modders/hackers more frequently
And ban them far more easily than in console games. Can you believe that most console games don't even have a votekick function? Absolutely disgusting. Not to mention everything is peer2peer on consoles so you can't just contact the server admin to get cheaters banned.
* Easily interrupted during gameplay
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\StickyKeys" /v Flags /t REG_SZ /d 0 /f
Also, close whatever shitware is interrupting you before playing. (Edit: ninjad by norik)
* Much worse lag compared to consoles
Nope.
* Assuming that game pads are compatible to play PC games identically to the mouse & keyboard.
Even if a game doesn't support controllers, there are alternatives like xpadder.

In the year 2024, PC gaming is dead, and PC + consoles have fused into one productive piece of equipment. =3 Hell you can already access Youtube, Internet explorer, Netflix, Hulu, everything from your Xbox.... Why not just combine it with a PC? Lol.

In the year 2024, PC gaming is dead, and PC + consoles have fused into one productive piece of equipment. =3 Hell you can already access Youtube, Internet explorer, Netflix, Hulu, everything from your Xbox.... Why not just combine it with a PC? Lol.
I already have a device that does all of that + programming, work, Photoshop, Reddit, and a ton more features a joystick would never even dream of doing. It's called a PC.

If you're reading this post, chances are you're doing so on a system capable of doing all the BS the Xbone and PS4 are hyping -and better. I just don't see why you'd want to do any of that on a less comfortable interface with a much more limited input, with the exception of maybe the TV bullshit only technologically illiterate morons would care about.

Maybe some of you simple-minded peasants can get by with nothing but your shitty TV shows, 4 minute comedy videos, and old movies on Netflix; but those of us who need culture and actual reading/discussions will always need a PC.

Also, by your logic everyone should just get an iPad for all of their non-essential needs.

Maybe some of you simple-minded peasants can get by with nothing but your shitty TV shows, 4 minute comedy videos, and old movies on Netflix; but those of us who need culture and actual reading/discussions will always need a PC.

Also, by your logic everyone should just get an iPad for all of their non-essential needs.

You failed to mention consoles don't get viruses like male-ware. PCs are a lot more problematic in the fact they are more complex, so more things can go wrong with them. Not only that, gaming PCs can cost around $2,000 whereas consoles are only $500 tops. You're looking at this from the uber nerd side of logic, if there were any real accurate assessment to your statements, then console AAA games wouldn't be played more on console at a 10 to 1 ratio. For every 100 people that play a game like Call of Duty on console, 10 people might play it on PC, so your logic is flawed by pure factual, numerical evidence.

But you know, if you enjoy playing games on a small 20 inch computer screen, alone in your basement, over playing it in your living room on a massive 70 inch Plasma TV with your friends, then great. As for sales wise, you're just spouting off in a nerd rant. Because the markets have proved gamers prefer consoles over PCs for gaming, so I guess you're just wrong?

Oh, and just a hint of irony, I could technically have posted this message with an iPhone... So much for the proprietary utilization PC has over everything else, right? Lol!

Last edited:
I can't hook up my PC to an HDTV? $2000 for a gaming PC? Can't use a controller for PC games? "Viruses like male-ware" (?) being a problem when everything comes from the heavily encrypted Steam service? Do you seriously believe the shit you post? Please educate yourself, you're just making yourself look like a fool.

Also, if the quality of a product is measured by sales then McDonals must be the greatest culinary experience of all time.

Last edited:
I can't hook up my PC to an HDTV? $2000 for a gaming PC? Can't use a controller for PC games? "Viruses like male-ware" (?) being a problem when everything comes from the heavily encrypted Steam service? Do you seriously believe the shit you post? Please educate yourself, you're just making yourself look like a fool.

Also, if the quality of a product is measured by sales then McDonals must be the greatest culinary experience of all time.

Norik, I can tell you're not very educated on these things, and you're just speaking out of your butt to avoid obvious negatives regarding PC gaming. You shouldn't be so biased. So to show how "foolish" you are, let me list the obvious, important things you left out.

1) PC sucks for gaming because you have to change your graphics card about every 2 years. On console you don't.

2) PC gaming systems aren't all the same, so many times you need to optimize your PC so you get better graphics display, or to sacrifice better frames per second. It's very complicated, and any times PC gaming resolution looks just as good as console system's resolution, and that's sad because the Xbox360 is like 7 years old. It's all about optimization, the out-put of you graphics specs resolution, it's very confusing unless you're an educated nerd. Or many times the FPS is too high it can cause your computer to lock up. (On consoles, none of that is a problem.)

3) PC gaming sucks because you CAN'T RE-SELL USED GAMES, the famous argument on this board regarding why Xbox One apparently "sucks" and people complained endlessly about, well PC has all of it. PC games all have DRM, so you have to install the game to your hard drive and be online to play them. Anyone who whined about DRM on XB1 should hate PC systems then.

4) Consoles systems are around $400, PC gaming units are around $2,000. That's about quadruple the price, for what? So you can play on a scarcely populated online community or play League of Legends?

Norik quit with your minor specs nergasm. DRM! Boom! You lose sir. =]

Last edited:
In the end Console wins, Norik is biased. End of convo.
Except I've had -and loved- a Nintendo 64, a PSOne, a Gamecube, a 2004 gaming desktop PC, a GBA, a Wii, a DSi, a 2009 gaming desktop (sold), two Xbox 360s, a gaming laptop, and plan to get a Wii U in the near future and an Xbone or PS4 sometime next year. I'm just being objective and countering your fallacies and misinformation with facts.

I also just love how you just pull out false claims out of your ass (no joystick support, "male-ware" (LOL WTF), having to update every two years -which is not true at all unless you're OCD, etc) and then when I counter them out you just keep pumping out more of them, along with a neat little PC GAMING SUCKS punchline. But I'm the biased one, clearly.

I'm also noticing a lack of consistency in your position regarding DRM and used game sales. Back when the Xbone backfired and MS did their 180, you did nothing but support their policies and make fun of people who bought used games. Now that your beloved Xbox allows those things, you make a big fuss about how "PC gaming sucks because you can't RE-SELL USED GAMES" (actual quote from your post).

So you're either a hypocrite, a troll, a troubled fangirl, or some ADHD kid impersonating a hypocritical xbox trollgirl.

And just in case you didn't know: consoles don't win. PC doesn't win either. Arcade-owning master race does.

Back