PC vs Consoles

Which platform is home to you?

• Total voters
Stop bitching about the price. You can build yourself a great build that would last for 5+years for $800, just about the price of an Xbone + 1 game + an extra controller + a year of XBL Gold. Then after that you can save up to 80% of the price per game you buy. It also lets you play all the games you paid for these last six years, lets you install or create your own mods (which, if you even bothered to read my post all the way through, would have noticed that can also improve gameplay dramatically), and you can also use for an infinite number of things other than playing games. And when it becomes obsolete after five or six years you can just swap a couple of cards around for $300 (or update periodically for small amounts of money) instead of dropping $600 for a new system that doesn't play any of your old games.

A PC is actually the cheapest alternative in the long run. Do the math.
"WOOO! 500 FPS!
Are you always this stupid or are you just pretending?
if there were any real logic to your retarded banter, then how come everyone doesn't just go out and buy the biggest, best, and most expensive 80 inch, 4K TV on the market right now? Oh, here's why... PRICE EVALUATION!
No. It's because right now a 4K TV is shit since nothing actually uses that resolution and it instead just upscales, making everything look like a pixelated abomination.
Oh look, Norik is showing off the graphics again! Wow, I wonder why gaming PCs don't sell that well though?
Ok, let's do this one more time. I understand this might be hard for you to grasp given your input throughout this thread, but SALES DON'T MEAN SHIT. The iPhone sold great, iMacs sell great, Justin Beiber albums sell great, McDonalds sells great, Angry Birds sells great. Doesn't make any of those products any less shitty. Conversely, there's tons of amazing products nobody even knows about, doesn't mean they suck.

I play the Xbox 360 because it's what most of my friends play. If they were PC gamers, maybe I would have been a PC gamer too. Playing with your buds beats out any features/add ons to either any console or PC. That's really all it boils down to for me.

Is that why people aren't willing to pay $1,000 for a gaming PC because they're missing out on graphics? I'm fine with the graphics on XB1 and PS4, nobody gives a crap enough to triple the evaluation of a recreational piece of equipment so they can beat off naked in front of it and shout "WOOO! 500 FPS! AND I PAYED OUT OF THE ASS TO HAVE IT!!!"

Norik, if there were any real logic to your retarded banter, then how come everyone doesn't just go out and buy the biggest, best, and most expensive 80 inch TV on the market right now? Why do they settle for less? Oh, here's why... PRICE EVALUATION! Anyone who isn't a retard knows Price + performance are equally important. Nobody is going to buy a fucking Sailboat if it costs $1,000,000 even if it has a goddamn dining room in it and jet boosters, they'll just settle for a smaller one to sail with.

Norik, ready these 2 paragraphs, and please answer if "price isn't an issue!" then why everyone doesn't just roll down to Best Buy and purchase a brand new 80' TV, why would they EVER settle for anything less? Are 65' plasma screens the best? Yes, is it the most expensive? Yes. If you can't figure out the answer to this question then Norik, you're officially an idiot.

Oh and to make you look even more foolish. When I said before "you need to optimize your console, which is a hassle for many gamers, it becomes a hassle so they'll probably just go with a simpler home console system.." You then reply with "You can get a gaming PC under $1,000 IF you build it yourself." Like I said, not every gamer cares or know how to customize a gaming PC, or mod. Not to mention having the latest up-to-date gaming PC hard ware is very expensive. What are you, talking out of your own ass..??

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GTX650Ti-SuperClocked-Dual-Link-Graphics/dp/B00BZB0I3W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1378923113&sr=8-4&keywords=gaming pc graphics card

http://www.amazon.com/Inno3D-Geforce-graphics-express-windows/dp/B006OS8UM2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1378923148&sr=8-11&keywords=gaming pc graphics card

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-240-Pin-Platforms-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9/dp/B004CRSM4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378923213&sr=8-1&keywords=gaming pc cpu ram

Just to blow your shit out of the water even more Norik, I'll end with this:

http://graphics-cards-review.toptenreviews.com/learning-to-build-a-gaming-computer.html

Now shut up for god's sake. =__=;;

Last edited:
I've had enough of owning Norik on this moot, pointless debate. I could care less if you buy a PC for gaming or a console. I've got better things to do with a beautiful summer evening then type stuff on a message board...

Go outside Norik. Get some fresh air for god's sake, lmfao.

Last edited:
Translation = spamming logic makes illiterate scrubs ragequit.

Oh, and just so you learn something for once, by saying "I could care less" you are in fact saying that you care, and the degree to which you care could be reduced. Dumbass.

That was fucking pro, w/e you did. lol

^ You posted THIS??! Lol, I actually thought the one on the right hand side for the PS4 looked better. They both looked good, like I need to be some uber nerd with a microscope and say "Oh look! The PS4's demo is missing a few dust particles! And the demon's opacity shading is off by 0.45 shades of black!
I thought the right side one was better to my eyes. That's just me though...

PS: I can't believe food was involved in this PC vs Console debate half the time. I get where your going with it though Ishimaru. What you say makes more sense to me, no offence to the other guys.

Last edited:

Do you work for amazon for a kick-back fee or something ? Because I dont want you to spam the forum with advertising, because what you've linked makes no sense in any other context. You've linked 2 gpus plus ram, and a PC is more components then this.

and Norik : your internet victory is not as glorious as you think lol. This guy maybe just had a bad day, is high, or probably hasnt' even hit puberty yet. One moment he's chastising you for using a mcdonalds comparison, then the next thing he's talking about sailboats.

Translation = spamming logic makes illiterate scrubs ragequit.

Oh, and just so you learn something for once, by saying "I could care less" you are in fact saying that you care, and the degree to which you care could be reduced. Dumbass.

You sound pretty upset, maybe you should go buy a gaming PC and cancel your subscription to Xbox Live? Then you can play SC5 on PC..... Oh wait! *cough* *cough*

But wait, think about those awesome graphics! I don't care if PC lacks fun console exclusives, it's got 120 frames per second, it's beautiful!! Instead of playing in 4K resolution on my PC, I can play it on XB1 and PS4. How dare they undercut PC by half the price. =P

Last edited:
I thought you went outside.

Anyways, I don't think you get my point: I'm a console player, you idiot. I just recognize that, when comparing systems, PC is far better.

I'm done with this bullshit. Post all you want, you're going back to my ignored users list.

So...is it ok to post what I think? I don't want to interrupt any discussions or anything.

I prefer using a console over a pc. I know pc's are powerful and all but it really feels like they're more trouble then they're worth to deal with. Plus, it just feels more comfortable.

As far as the consoles go, I'm a Playstation/ Wii user. I'm not really an xbox fan, But I don't think one is superior over the other.

So...is it ok to post what I think? I don't want to interrupt any discussions or anything.

There wasn't much productive chat going on so feel free.
I prefer using a console over a pc. I know pc's are powerful and all but it really feels like they're more trouble then they're worth to deal with. Plus, it just feels more comfortable.
Its really up to you. Some type of games are more fun on a gamepad and some games are more fun on keyboard/mouse.

As far as the consoles go, I'm a Playstation/ Wii user. I'm not really an xbox fan, But I don't think one is superior over the other.
What say you about that Wii where you play the game with your body instead of a controller? is that gay or yay? We all feel the same way about the controllability being comfortable as hell, but I personally don't want too much control where I have to move my body to play.

That also reminds me of something new I recently discovered. A new toy that is neither PC or Console. Has anybody heard about the Oculus Rift? Or am I dumbass who missed out on that?

What say you about that Wii where you play the game with your body instead of a controller? is that gay or yay? We all feel the same way about the controllability being comfortable as hell, but I personally don't want too much control where I have to move my body to play.

Well my family likes it a lot. Especially with that Mii boxing and those other Mii sports games. As for me personally, it's not that bad. With games like Mario Galaxy and Zelda its pretty fun. But if the game gives me the option of using the GameCube controller, I'd use it in a heartbeat. Motion control is an interesting idea but I feel silly when I have to move around so much lol.

There wasn't much productive chat going on so feel free.

Its really up to you. Some type of games are more fun on a gamepad and some games are more fun on keyboard/mouse.
I agree. I recall playing Unreal Tournament at school in the computer lab. So much fun. I think I prefer playing FPS on the keyboard then with a controller. Skyrim on the keyboard wasn't that bad either I'll admit.

Last edited:
That also reminds me of something new I recently discovered. A new toy that is neither PC or Console. Has anybody heard about the Oculus Rift? Or am I dumbass who missed out on that?

Yes, yes!!! I've seen it before, I'm considering getting it, I saw they had an epic Hatsune Miku game for it, and I'm not sure about all the games they have for it, but basically you put it over your head and it gives you augmented vision by displaying images from wherever you move your head! >:D

100% certified badass!

is that gay or yay?
I thought the word "gay" was only used in negative connotations in third world countries where there's no human rights and education sucks. I guess we still have a long way to go as a civilization.

As for your question, I think every game is played best in the environment it was designed for. Like, mouse for first-person games, stick for fighting games, pad for platformers, etc. Motion controls work well for games designed with such input method in mind (Wii Sports, Zelda Skyward Sword, etc), but games "ported" to those controls are usually not very good (imagine trying to play Marvel with a wiimote). This is why games like Brawl and Tatsunoko use the wiimote sideways. There are exceptions though , like the Tenkaichi games, which were designed for the PS2 but play wonderfully with on the Wii (gamecube controller still supported for those who prefer it).

So yes, I think it's good, but only for games designed with it in mind. Kinect is shit 1000% of the time though (I have it, official dust collector since time immemorial).

So yes, I think it's good, but only for games designed with it in mind. Kinect is shit 1000% of the time though (I have it, official dust collector since time immemorial).

Kinect won an award for fastest selling add-on, and another award for the top selling Family & Fun device.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/next/archive/2011/10/12/kinect-collecting-more-awards.aspx#.UjI2GsZlKSo

Kinect right now for the Xbox360 may be crappy because it can only see in 480p.... But the next gen Kinect for Xbox One is going to have double the recognition pixels, can see at 1080p, and you can play in total darkness... XB1 Kinect is badass.

People can bash the Kinect XB1 all they want, but honesty, this technology is ahead of it's time to be used for consumer purposes, it can detect eye movement, watch you in 100% darkness, facial recognition, and will now respond to each individual finger on your hand. All they need next is floating holograms your fingers can interact with, lol! Then you'll be in the movie Avatar.

Back