PC vs Consoles

Which platform is home to you?

• Total voters
I fuckin love Mcdonalds...
I am a fan of the fries. Ever try eating them with some green onion? Just wrap 2-3 fries around the onion and enjoy. It's a great snack while reading internet rage posts... on my TV... with my computer hooked up to it.

Also, if the quality of a product is measured by sales then McDonals must be the greatest culinary experience of all time.

This is a HORRIBLE analogy! Lol, for one, McDonalds actually makes far more money than upper class food franchises like Red Lobster, and McDonalds is actually one of the most successful US companies across the globe. So what are you bashing yourself for? Besides comparing one time consumable food items to expensive pieces of hard ware which have utility purposes...? Analogy...? (=__=;;;;)

I'm also noticing a lack of consistency in your position regarding DRM and used game sales. Back when the Xbone backfired and MS did their 180, you did nothing but support their policies and make fun of people who bought used games.
I was fine with the XB1 and Microsoft's decision, because I buy new games 90% of the time. My point is this board complained non-stop about "DRM won't let me rent or buy used games!" and "DRM forces me to sign in once per 24 hours! Omg!" and "DRM is corporate greed in the making!" In PC gaming, they get all of that! This board had a massive issue with DRM, so according to that logic, they should all be bashing the hell out of PC gaming.

EDIT Oh and yes, when I game on PC I need to have an up-to-date graphics card, or my AAA grade game won't fully utilize it's graphical potential.

Last edited:
This is a HORRIBLE analogy! Lol, for one, McDonalds actually makes far more money than upper class food franchises like Red Lobster, and McDonalds is actually one of the most successful US companies across the globe.
This is exactly my point. They make a shitload of money and tons of people like it. Doesn't mean it's not shit.

This is exactly my point. They make a shitload of money and tons of people like it. Doesn't mean it's not shit.

No, it's a food franchise, it's food is unhealthy, but cheap... Why the hell are you comparing burgers to console systems which are much MUCH more complicated then "does it taste good?" Gaming consoles vs PCs have so many differing facets between them. You have no point, lmfao!

I just entertained your bad analogy. xD

Last edited:
You are underestimating a good analogy, also because is an analogy don't need to be directly connected.
Flexibility is highly appreciated now days , so for the people who want something close to the best as possible experience, the PC can give them that, the down side is that you need be patient, to make the necessary changes and update the PC parts if necessary.

The reason why I prefer the consoles is solely because I am lazy, so the product ready for use is more convenient.

Read my quote on the other page, and that explains why I dislike PC gaming, not because one day I said "I hate it!" but because of realistic facts. =P

"Bias" is a word that means you despise something unquestionable, unreasonable, or devoid of logic. Listing all of PC's flaws as far as being a replacement to gaming console is fine if you like playing on a PC, but I'm a simple gamer, I just want to put a disc in my tray, and start playing... I don't want to install it and opt my graphics card / resolution output / frames per second. I just want to play.

Thanks for your time! (And for christ's sake... Burgers are a horrible analogy for complicated gaming PCs!) >:]

Thanks for your time! (And for christ's sake... Burgers are a horrible analogy for complicated gaming PCs!) >:]
The point is sales doesn't determine the quality of a product. If the lowest common denominator defines what's best then a Big Mac and Call of Duty absolutely destroy filet mignon and Spec Ops: The Line respectively. The analogy makes perfect sense.

Stop being a prick.

The XB1 is becoming more like a singular in-home entertainment / utility product. You can browse the internet, watch videos on Youtube, watch TV, download movies, go to social media websites, Skype chat with people, and of course, play HD, grade AAA video games on it.

A PC has utility purposes like Photoshop, creating videos, downloading things, and convenience. But a gaming PC is especially expensive, so why would anyone pick a $2,500 piece of hard ware over a $500 piece of hard ware that does ruffly the same job, except is just a lot more simplified?

That's why console is winning, not because burgers cost less than a steak dinner, or don't taste as good nonsense. Food is preference, gaming consoles is an informed decision, get it right. >:P
with the exception of maybe the TV bullshit only technologically illiterate morons would care about.

Maybe some of you simple-minded peasants can get by with nothing but your shitty TV shows, 4 minute comedy videos, and old movies on Netflix; but those of us who need culture and actual reading/discussions will always need a PC.

Wrong, and, those simple-minded peasants dictate the market. And here's a creative idea for you, buying a $900 PC plus a $350 console gives you the best of both worlds, and STILL undercuts how much a gaming PC would cost. There you go Norik, now you can retire happily from this topic, everything you complained about got an answer.

Last edited:
I fuckin love Mcdonalds...
What are the difference between Xpadder & JoytoKey?

1) PC sucks for gaming because you have to change your graphics card about every 2 years. On console you don't.
If you're playing console-quality games, you only need a console-quality graphics card. Considering you can get a GTX680 (which is significantly more powerful than what the "next gen" consoles are packing) for the price of a new console in a few months, there's pretty much no reason to buy a console instead of upgrading, which will sadly allow PC to stay on top for another long, stagnant console "life" cycle.
2) PC gaming systems aren't all the same, so many times you need to optimize your PC so you get better graphics display, or to sacrifice better frames per second.
And yet the overall performance is still higher on PC because...
It's very complicated,
... and you don't know what you're talking about, which you demonstrate spectacularly with...
any times PC gaming resolution looks just as good as console system's resolution, and that's sad because the Xbox360 is like 7 years old.
For real though, if you can't see a difference between 720p@30FPS and 2560x1600@30FPS or 1920x1080 @60FPS, that's your issue to deal with.
3) PC gaming sucks because you CAN'T RE-SELL USED GAMES,
You're an idiot. Steam is not the only videogame distribution platform on PC.
PC games all have DRM
Where are the open source games on console?
so you have to install the game to your hard drive and be online to play them.
Even if you were being retarded and pretending Steam is the only platform for videogames on PC, it has a fucking offline mode.
4) Consoles systems are around $400, PC gaming units are around $2,000. That's about quadruple the price, for what? So you can play on a scarcely populated online community or play League of Legends?
What kind of fucking retard builds a $2,000 PC? Protip: solid gold is a horrible thing to make cases out of. A PC built to top the specs of 8th-gen consoles costs around $800 before rebates/deals/sales. How much did the PC you're typing your garbage on cost? If it was $400 or more, congrats, you might as well have just made a good PC instead of getting a shitty one + a $400 console.
So you're either a hypocrite, a troll, a troubled fangirl, or some ADHD kid impersonating a hypocritical xbox trollgirl.
Darrin is simultaneously all and none of those things.

Last edited:
And yet the overall performance is still higher on PC because...

You clearly have a small brain if you can't grasp these basic comparisons. Lol, a gaming PC plays better because 1) You're playing off the hard drive, which improves loading times, and 2) you can upgrade the graphics card, RAM, boosting the overall performance with 120 frames per second, higher than what an Xbox360 or a PS3 is capable of.

BUT, a gaming PC is very complicated, and needs to generally be updated once every 2 years so that it's systems is up to specs, so you can get the MAXIMUM output performance for the games you are playing. It's much, much more complicated than just putting a disc in a console.
You're an idiot. Steam is not the only videogame distribution platform on PC.
Even if you were being retarded and pretending Steam is the only platform for videogames on PC, it has a fucking offline mode.

I don't know if you're just stupid or oblivious to the things I said before... Either way, lol! Steam and the XBL marketplace are both digital downloads, which means you can't resell them, and that's fine. DRM means you need to install it to your hard drive, so anyone (including yourself) or Sony fans who bitched about XB1 for saying "I can't resell games or loan them to friends!" suffers from the same problem. That's the statement I made before you jumped at it like an aggressive 12 year old on steroids.

GPUs dropping for the price of a new console in a few months, there's pretty much no reason to buy a console instead of upgrading.

^ Lol!!! Can this guy be this stupid? Oh let's see a list of reasons:

- Bigger online community.
- Exclusive games that aren't on PC.
- You don't have to upgrade your console for a couple years.
- You get to play games on you big screen TV rather than a small 20 inch monitor....
- Much less modders and hackers during public matches on console versions. Since hacking on consoles is extremely difficult and your online interactions capability can be restricted on the console. PC they can't so it's like the fucking wild wild west for hackers.

The list goes on and on, lol. You must be retarded to list those. Their prices are dropping because less people are buying gaming PCs! They're buying the next-gen consoles instead. So of course gaming PCs are dropping in price, they're not in demand! Lmfao!

Last edited:

^ You posted THIS??! Lol, I actually thought the one on the right hand side for the PS4 looked better. They both looked good, like I need to be some uber nerd with a microscope and say "Oh look! The PS4's demo is missing a few dust particles! And the demon's opacity shading is off by 0.45 shades of black!"

Give me a break with your little nerdgasms Slade, you're acting like PC vs consoles is the PS4 vs the PS2.

http://www.amazon.com/Microtel-Computer®-AMTI9028-Computer-Microsoft/dp/B003IS5N4O/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1378912116&sr=8-11&keywords=gaming pc

^ Just to blow your shit out of the water, lol! Top grade PCs can cost $1,500, not even showing other ones on Ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gaming pc&sprefix=gamin,aps&rh=i:aps,k:gaming pc

^ Average B grade gaming console costs around $550 - $700. That's excluding the technological competence it takes to optimize the whole thing. So good luck little Sladey!

Last edited:
- Bigger online community.
With most of the surplus consisting of annoying 12 year olds.
- Exclusive games that aren't on PC.
Aside from Nintendo games, the trend is all the big guns are moving to PC (and now even fighting games). Several Indie and open source games could be considered PC exclusives, and they far outnumber any console's catalog. Plus emulators, mods, and game making.
- You don't have to upgrade your console for a couple years.
Yes you do. And at about just the same frequency.
- You get to play games on you big screen TV rather than a small 20 inch monitor...
This is a lie. Hooking up a PC to an HDTV is the easiest thing ever. Just demonstrates your ignorance on the matter.
- Much less modders and hackers during public matches on console versions. Since hacking on consoles is extremely difficult and your online interactions capability can be restricted on the console. PC they can't so it's like the fucking wild wild west for hackers.
I'm guessing you mean fewer modders. And only shit games like CoD attract those kinds of people.
The list goes on and on, lol. You must be retarded to list those. Not only because "Prices are dropping for gaming PCs" because people will be buying a XB1 and PS4. Lol! So there will be less of a demand for gaming PCs, thus, they'll drop in price.
Moore's law. The number of transistors in a microprocessor DOUBLES every two years (not that I expect a scientifically and technologically illiterate tool such as yourself to even understand what that means). So better technology becomes available and manufacturing costs decrease over time. You'd have to be absolutely stupid not to see that.
Give me a break with your little nerdgasms Slade, you're acting like PC vs consoles is the PS4 vs the PS2.
Again, completely missing the point. If a 2012 PC can outperform a 2013 console that's supposed to last 5+ years, imagine how inferior they will be in two years.

Again, not hating on consoles, just stating the facts. You really should stop trying to argue about a topic you evidently know so little about. And quit the condescending bullshit.

Lol, if I had all the time in the world to make you look like an idiot (you do a pretty good job of that yourself) I'd respond to each and every little nonsensical point about how you're retarded for saying you need to "Upgrade" your console, when was the last time I had to upgrade my Xbox360's graphics card? LOL.

You're basically having a nergasm, you're arguing against barely-noticeable to non-existent specs. Then admitting PC has a small shit community, but OHHH GRAPHICS ARE COOL! PC gaming graphics don't look good enough to justify them costing thousands of dollars, bottom line. You can bash consoles all you want, but nobody gives a crap about PC gaming on triple AAA grade games other than a very SMALL niche market.

The majority of PC gamers use their PC for games like WoW and League of Legends. Not to play games like Far Cry 3, they'll get a PS3 or Xbox360 for that.

FACT: There has never been a grade AAA PC game to outsell a console game that was released at the same time.

Again, completely missing the point. If a 2012 PC can outperform a 2013 console that's supposed to last 5+ years, imagine how inferior they will be in two years.

Again, nobody gives a shit, because if they did, then PC gaming would be selling like hot cakes. Again, good luck on your nerdgasm, I'm sure once you spend $1,500 on a gaming PC you can revel in your 'slightly' better graphics and comparable FPS to an PS4 which cost less than half the price. LOL @ you horrific logic Norik. Sit down.

EDIT: You can set up your gaming PC to your big screen TV. But that defeats the purpose of have a "computer" doesn't it? Unless you've decided your living room TV will be your new computer monitor.. Meh... I should probably stop making you look stupid now.. =]

Stating facts = Trolling.

Making sense = Trolling.

Having a different opinion = Trolling.

Gaming PCs cost far more than consoles, what..? Is that a lie I just made up? That you can't just google search the net and see in bold text "TOP GRADE GAMING PC! NOW ONLY $1,500!" next to it "PS4, pre-order now for $400." Unless you're retarded and just like arguing for the sake of arguing. Bragging about little technicalities in slightly better graphics when actually nobody gives a crap because the vast majority of PC gamers just play little low resolution games like World of Warcraft and League of Legends?

Saying about how great the frames per second are for a gaming PC which cost triple the price of a console? Good! I hope you have 500 FPS because you deserve at least a little bit of something for paying such a ridiculous price just to play a friggin video game you could have ALREADY played on a console. With slightly (barely noticeable) reduction in graphics and loading quality.

Like I already said, gaming PCs don't enhance your gaming experience enough to justify paying triple or quadruple the price it costs to play the EXACT SAME games that you could have played on a console version.
[Insert nonsensical Norik rant here about graphics again.]

Last edited:
Wow.
Stating facts = Trolling.
I'm sorry, which "facts"? All I saw were claims of sales, bitching about price of a superior product and your own computer illiteracy, and outright lies to make yourself look like you know what you're talking about.
Making sense = Trolling.
You're not even consistent with what you say. You're just hating on everything.
Having a different opinion = Trolling.
Having an opinion is not the same as lying and calling everyone who points it out an idiot.
Saying about how great the frames per second are for a gaming PC which cost triple the price of a console? Good! I hope you have 500 FPS because you deserve at least a little bit of something for paying such a ridiculous price just to play a friggin video game you could have ALREADY played on a console. With slightly (barely noticeable) reduction in graphics and loading quality.
If you can't tell choppy, low-res games from smooth 60fps with resolutions beyond HD then you need to get your vision checked.
Like I already said, gaming PCs don't enhance your gaming experience enough to justify paying triple or quadruple the price it costs to play the EXACT SAME games that you could have played on a console version.
Yes they do. Just look at this console version of a critically acclaimed game vs the PC with a couple of visual mods.

And that's just visuals. Gameplay mods can turn it into a whole new game.
Aside from Norik's oblivious nonsense. Nobody gives a shit how good your graphics are if your console costs $2,000.
Graphics and resolution/framerate are different things, genius. And if anyone's oblivious it'd be you with your lack of basic computer knowledge.

Also, if you're paying $2000 for a gaming PC, then you're doing it wrong. Awfully wrong.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, which "facts"? All I saw were claims of sales, bitching about price of a superior product and your own computer illiteracy, and outright lies to make yourself look like you know what you're talking about.

Oh look, Norik is showing off the graphics again! Wow, I wonder why gaming PCs don't sell that well though? Hmm...

Having an opinion is not the same as lying and calling everyone who points it out an idiot.
Oh, really? Lying? Linking to credible websites to back up what I said is "lying" now? You're just narrow minded.

They don't cost that much

Oops! Yes they do!
http://www.amazon.com/Microtel-Computer®-AMTI9028-Computer-Microsoft/dp/B003IS5N4O/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1378912116&sr=8-11&keywords=gaming pc

If you can't tell choppy, low-res games from smooth 60fps with resolutions beyond HD then you need to get your vision checked.

Did anyone here say PC gaming doesn't have better graphics? Maybe you should read harder before making yourself look like a clown. I said "console graphics look comparable to PC's, but a PC costs triple the cost, it doesn't justify your gaming experience for that price difference." And that Diablo 3 demo video actually looked better on PS4 via that Youtube video.

Yes they do. Just look at this console version of a critically acclaimed game vs the PC with a couple of visual mods.

Lol @ Norik's horrible logic again. Man, you really aren't too bright are you? Is that why people aren't willing to pay $1,000 for a gaming PC because they're missing out on graphics? I'm fine with the graphics on XB1 and PS4, nobody gives a crap enough to triple the evaluation of a recreational piece of equipment so they can beat off naked in front of it and shout "WOOO! 500 FPS! AND I PAYED OUT OF THE ASS TO HAVE IT!!!"

Norik, if there were any real logic to your retarded banter, then how come everyone doesn't just go out and buy the biggest, best, and most expensive 80 inch, 4K TV on the market right now? Oh, here's why... PRICE EVALUATION! Anyone who isn't a retard knows Price + performance are equally important. Nobody is going to buy a fucking Sailboat if it costs $1,000,000 even if it has a goddamn dining room in it and jet boosters, they'll just settle for a smaller one to sail with.

^ Read that paragraph hard, next time you start rambling like an idiot about graphics again.

Last edited:
Back