SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

Man, I really asked a student girl of psychology to conduct a survey among schoolboys.
she spent a week doing this survey among two hundred schoolboys, for comparison - enlliterate my wish list is a job for 5-10 minutes, I ask about this month and the result is zero.

You need to provide some hard prove if it is true that young kids actually don't like Yoshimitsu. Just saying that and expecting people to take your word for it won't work. Where is this survey? Would actually like to see it.

It is like me saying that boys like characters like Siegfried, Mitsurugi and Yun Seong because they are cool and appealing. Though this is just an opinion and not prove.

Which is how I feel you are saying right now about Yoshimitsu.

(Do kids actually still watch The Simpsons?)

about the Yoshimitsu the children responded amicably - a "merry\cheerful" and "fooling around" is not the same. "Merry" is Sakura(SF) + Xian(SC), schoolboys really likes them (although of course it's better to change Xian to a boy....genderswitch for Rock Howard , very popular among schoolboys, led to a sad result - schoolboys perceive Leo Kleisen as a transvestite and a pervert. Is it so difficult to do a reverse shift?)

291.gif

...and we are back to the genderbend topic, again.

Last edited:
SoulCalibur V forced us to genderbend Hwang/Yun-seong by merging their weapons/style with Xianghua in with Leixia. And Seong Mi-na for Xiba, which was even more unfortunate.

SoulCalibur V forced us to genderbend Hwang/Yun-seong by merging their weapons/style with Xianghua in with Leixia. And Seong Mi-na for Xiba, which was even more unfortunate.

...You know, that is a very good point.

In seriousness though, I don't really see the benefit of gender swapping a character like Xianghua to attract more kids that like to read/watch characters like shonen heroes or whatever. I do feel like a character-despite their gender-is able to attract people of both sexes. Like Talim and Taki for example that have had the most votes and some people that I have seen that like them here have been mostly guys.

It all comes down to a character's personality that could draw people to a show, game, whatever. This is why I like Soul Calibur; I feel it has good appeal-or the potential of it-because it has a good variety of characters. Both men and women. If Soul Calibur VI is made well and if Project Soul plays it cards right the characters could be flashed out well whether that be in its storymode or gameplay.

Where is this survey?
I paint on deviantart (although the results isnot great) - there i met a Czech student girl, who studies for a school psychologist, and also draws in a group of MK \ SF. I have a good relationship with her, I ordered a logo for our DOTA team from her. Then I asked to conduct a survey among the schoolboys, she herself was curious - a week later everything was ready.
The result is the first place - Sin Kiske (GG), the second - Rock Howard (SNK), the third - Sie Kensu (also SNK). It's not necessary to be Sherlock Holmes in order to understand what is common between them and what the schoolboys like.
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters5/sin-kiske.html
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/rock.html
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/kensou.html
White players likes white heroes, African Americans players - African-American heroes, Asians players likes Asian heroes, adults - adult heroes, and schoolboys - schoolboy heroes. Very unexpected result, right?

No.

I like non-Naruto ninjas (even though I prefer the gi alternates for Taki as opposed to the iconic unitards) as well as threatening pirates (I used to be terrified of Cervantes in SB.) Not to mention Cervantes dual-wields. Zasalamel is a pretty interesting design as well for not being a stereotypical black rep. Sure I'd expect an Egypt/Arabian-themed rep by now since cutlasses kind of get screwed with the treatment of the Koreans...

Yes, because it's wrong. I don't need to be black to like Zasalamel, a woman to like Sophitia, or a little girl to like Talim (the only requirement to like Talim is bad taste).
Exactly. It takes more than that for a character to be likeable than just their race, gender, and age. What I mostly look for in a character is story, personality, motivations, but for fighting games it's mostly the fighting style.
But I'm white male and my fav SC characters are Taki and Zasalamel (also Nightmare and Cervantes, so apparently I'm also undead and a living armor).
Am I a error in the matrix?
Not at all. I'm a white Canadian male who finds Voldo to his favourite character and there's no requirement for me to be gay or Italian to do so.

let's sum up:
- Obviously, if I submit an illiterate wish list - the authors of the game will decide that I am a troll or crazy.
I asked for help a month ago to enlliterate my wish list, in response I heard sneering over my bad English - but none of the Captain SuperEnglish wanted to help me, perhaps he is not superhero but supervillain
-I asked for constructive criticism
in response i heard sneering and insults and destructive criticism
it seems like asking for help is pointless

let's sum up:
- Obviously, if I submit an illiterate wish list - the authors of the game will decide that I am a troll or crazy.
I asked for help a month ago to enlliterate my wish list, in response I heard sneering over my bad English - but none of the Captain SuperEnglish wanted to help me, perhaps he is not superhero but supervillain
The problem is you presented your data, which consists of an unrepresentative sample so none of it matters anyways, as fact. You also have not provided the questions for this survey, the guidelines for criticism, how this research was conducted, etc. You are generalizing your results, from, once again an unrepresentative sample, which is a big no-no in statistics.

Also, Yoshimitsu is one character. Not every single character is going to appeal to every single person who might be interested in the game. Does Talim appeal to schoolboys? Does Amy? Does X?

an unrepresentative sample, which is a big no-no in statistics.
I did not say "all voters is voted for one character"
But if there are thirty different heroes in the game, and forty percent of voters is voted for one hero - that's too much for just a coincidence.
If in all classes the survey result differs by less than ten percent it is too small for irrelevance

let's sum up:

If you make a wishlist the devs will patently ignore it and do what they've been doing the entire time. It takes a huge communal voice to affect anything, and as you can see a lot of people disagree with your views. But let's be constructive:

-"Make the tone darker and stuff."
Fair.
-"Add a schoolboy!"
Schoolboys aren't usually considered dark or mature in terms of setting. Adding one would definitely be counter to your intentions there. Granting one of these requests almost omits the other by default.

- "They should remove Yoshimitsu".
Your idea that Yoshi belongs in Tekken because he brings a unique element (weaponry) to that series is, firstly inaccurate, and secondly missing the point of Yoshimitsu. This is further suggested by your idea that we should have a non-weapon fighter instead as a substitute.

Yoshimitsu is supposed to be whimsical and interesting, he's refreshing vibrant in a game that's constantly at the point of drowning in it's own angst, but if you read into his lore he has some fairly serious lore.

You also argue that "people don't like him" but I'll talk about your focus group, such as it is, further down.

He's a well-received character and removing him would definitely be a negative.
-----

- "Make Raphael more like /this/ fictional vampire!
Fair.
- "STOP PLAGIARISING!"
Wait. What.

Both of these points are contradictory and basically read as "See this thing? More like this. But don't copy. Just, make it like that so it's obviously like it but not noticeably like it. Yeaaah!"
-----

I literally don't understand what your point about Zwei is, so I can't comment fairly.
-----

Your statistics are not only blatantly untrue and ridiculous (90% of the players only played V for Ezio), your only source to backup your claims are a bunch of people your friend sort of knows maybe.

Here you have the collection of the most dedicated Soulcalibur players telling you you're mistaken and your argument is "no because my friend from the internet asked a couple of people and they think you're wrong so you're wrong."

There's a line in your post I especially love: "The sad experience of online RPGs showed - games that do not have an influx of new players are gradually degrading."
That's because a majority rely on a paid-subscription service. Failure to produce quality content will lead to less subscribed players, thus less money, thus less content, thus the fun financial spiral.
Those that don't have a paid subscription model tend to push micro-transactions as a method of generating income.
Soulcalibur isn't an MMORPG. You buy the game once and they've made their money. Sure they'll have DLC and such in order to generate some extra cash, but it's not a requirement - A company wouldn't produce additional content for a game that didn't sell well. That's just bad business practice.

So I have to wonder in what way you meant to equate the two?

So as far as your wishlist goes, I respectfully disagree. A schoolboy character would be idiotic (Talim and Yun-Seong are the closest we have to that trope and both are exceedingly polarising), Yoshimitsu is a fun and interesting character with an original and unique fighting style and removing him would be a mistake, the game's mood is fine, I don't care about Raphael, not sure what your Zwei point is and 90% of the players did not buy the game just for Ezio.

"A schoolboy character would be idiotic"
Maxie Dood whose I greatly respect rejoiced Rock Howard as a child
Maxie if you hear me - I thank you for all your great work :)

"A schoolboy character would be idiotic"
Maxie Dood whose I greatly respect rejoiced Rock Howard as a child
Maxie if you hear me - I thank you for all your great work :)

You wanted constructive criticism and a debate about your wishlist, this is your singular reply.
So, when people no longer give you the time of day and treat you like an idiot, this shit right here is precisely why. :)

I just wanted to be sure.

I paint on deviantart (although the results isnot great) - there i met a Czech student girl, who studies for a school psychologist, and also draws in a group of MK \ SF. I have a good relationship with her, I ordered a logo for our DOTA team from her. Then I asked to conduct a survey among the schoolboys, she herself was curious - a week later everything was ready.
The result is the first place - Sin Kiske (GG), the second - Rock Howard (SNK), the third - Sie Kensu (also SNK). It's not necessary to be Sherlock Holmes in order to understand what is common between them and what the schoolboys like.
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters5/sin-kiske.html
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/rock.html
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/kensou.html
White players likes white heroes, African Americans players - African-American heroes, Asians players likes Asian heroes, adults - adult heroes, and schoolboys - schoolboy heroes. Very unexpected result, right?

So... you basically don't have a link or anything to prove your claim than? Simply wonderful.

I am going to just end this by saying that I find the rest of this post just full of bad assumptions and stop saying schoolboy. There is something jarring about that and makes it a bit vague which age group this game is suppose to attract.

Back