SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I've grown tired of the radio silence from Namco, and since I don't want to keep bothering Soul to use his Fu-ma powers, I decided to ask Viola to do some fortune-telling instead. I mean, she's got that fancy crystal ball and can predict other people's fates and stuff, so she's got to know something about SC6's future, right?

Well, she couldn't tell me any of the exciting stuff, like when Cassandra is going to be announced or whether or not Season 2 exists, but she did say this: There will be new music added to the game alongside Cassandra.

As for what kind of music, she couldn't tell me that either. I guess it could be anything; music for a new stage, the remaining legacy songs from SC4 and SC5, some Soul Chronicle BGM that we'll only hear for about 20 seconds... And is her prediction even correct?

Only time will tell, I guess.

It makes about as much sense as crybaby Talim. I feel like Like should be Jolly Tira if Dislike is Gloomy Tira, and Cry should obviously be Xianghua.

It makes about as much sense as crybaby Talim. I feel like Like should be Jolly Tira if Dislike is Gloomy Tira, and Cry should obviously be Xianghua.
Hmm, I have a feeling that crybaby Talim has to do with the misconception that the Talim fanbase is immature. Eh, but I am okay for what it is.

cyZxgW0.png
I think Anna Williams is a bitch, since we can't call Cassandra one till she's out.
I really do hope Soulcalibur picks up more of everything on Season 2 though, started testing PC a bit and its far more dead than xbox to my surprise.

Hmm, I have a feeling that crybaby Talim has to do with the misconception that the Talim fanbase is immature. Eh, but I am okay for what it is.
Well tbf Talim did have arguably the biggest OUTCRY of all the veterans cut from SCV. Granted she was more than likely going to become DLC (same with Zas) as was seen through datamining but it never happened due to support coming to a halt.

Last edited:
Well tbf Talim did have arguably the biggest OUTCRY of all the veterans cut from SCV. Granted she was going to become DLC (same with Zas) as was seen through datamining but it never happened due to support coming to a halt.
I’m still bugged that, if that really were the case, Talim and Zasalamel didn’t get mentioned in New Legends of Project Soul. Same goes for Rock, Hwang, Seong Mi-na, and Yun-seong.

The one time that Li Long got priority in the history of the series. :sc2maxi2:

https://8wayrun.com/threads/is-ther...lim-characters-disc-locked.18568/#post-695874 This explains it. You can also ask Sectus about it (aka @FluffyQuack). Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find the files.
There was never any indication Zas or Talim was gonna be DLC. I think people misunderstood what was datamined back in 2012. I just looked back at my old posts to remember what I datamined:
  • There are several unused character models: Zasalamel SC4 1P, Kamikirimusi, and 2 female nude models.
  • All of those models cause a crash if you try to load them. Some of them do work in SC4 if you try to use the same model files there. I'm pretty sure these were placeholders which were meant to be deleted.
  • The executable lists character names for basically every character from the franchise. This is something they do in every game (even SC6 lists basically every SC character) and I don't think it means anything.
  • This spectacular texture exists within game files: https://8wayrun.com/attachments/00538_o184240-20-png.12318/
  • There is a list of new characters added to SC5. Ezio is listed as GUEST1 and there is also an unused entry called GUEST2.
  • There is a string with the text "Talim? Where?" in the game which I think is the name of one of the enemies you fight in quick battle mode.
So, quick summary: There was never any indication SC5 was going to get any DLC characters. There is a small reason to think Namco considered adding a second guest character to the game, but that's not necessarily the case.

On a related note, people sometimes bring up Dante as a character who was supposed to be in SC3, but that's bogus too. If you dig up the origin of the rumour you'll see it's blatantly fake.

Last edited:
The people in this forum have a bad habit of making 4chan/gamefaqs rumors into official characters. (Dark-skinned female Rock, Cassandra using a longsword, Groh's viking dad or Maxi's dead boyfriend: Jacker)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish I had saved all of Daishi's tweets, to have concrete proof of what I say about the characters.

The people in this forum have a bad habit of making 4chan/gamefaqs rumors into official characters. (Dark-skinned female Rock, Cassandra using a longsword, Groh's viking dad or Maxi's dead boyfriend: Jacker)

View attachment 63824
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish I had saved all of Daishi's tweets, to have concrete proof of what I say about the characters.
That was more Vergeben’s doing than anything when it came to the rumours on SC6.

May he Rest In Peace...
13F44417-8E81-4DD9-BE9B-D25EF8B9FA29.gif

I'm still bothered the most by not getting boots for Pyrrha Omega from SoulCalibur V's DLC. It matters because the buckles on Omega's are gold instead of Pyrrha's silver, and of course, that part wasn't recolorable. I was able to get a fully functional Alpha Patroklos (story version), using his 1p Patroklos outfit using his 2p Alpha Patroklos weapon (which I headcanoned into being his 1p weapon that wasn't Soul Calibur, i.e. what he used training under Setsuka), but I always wanted a fully functional Pyrrha Omega (story version) too, where she didn't have demon eyes or rage, so she'd be just base Pyrrha, but would retain the demon arm and tainted clothes that she kept even after losing Soul Edge. The lack of boots stopped this from being a reality, as trying to facemod Pyrrha's face into Pyrrha Omega's model proved practically impossible, or at least I could never get it to work.

Back