SCV may still need patches...

Decopon won EVO and WGC because the level in UE and USA is low.

If I recall correctly, Decopon got trounced the first day of Evo by SU (possibly to the tune to of 6 rounds straight). He won Evo because it was first-to-two and he pulled out a bit of jank with a character that was obscure at the time (no one even knew about the damage reset before Evo); not to mention pretty much the entire world of SC had a view into high level US SCV play while we had little to nothing. So, yeah, you're kinda absolutely wrong. But, then again, reading what you've posted, I note that you are not the rational or logical type and this should be expected.

Do not look forward to another reply.

EDIT: I forgot the part where Partisan lost to Decopon because he didn't know that Tira's wrK TJed and thus missed game-winning punishment. So, all in all, don't project the fact that someone intrudes deeply into your backside in an unpleasant way unto everyone else, sir. Thank you and good night.

Last edited:
Just to add some more fuel to the fire both Mateo and myself lost to decopon last hit of last game, last round. Japan superiority indeed. I'm glad mine wasn't recorded, I shudder to think of all the things I left unpunished.

Reactions: LP
I forgot all about that. Mateo's is recorded and he fucked up like fifty times, didn't know Tira, and could've still won. Guess we're ass though, since Sir Pantocrator says it.

Lol I can imagine
"Oh, I did some finals, I'm loosing so much with this character, I'm so bad, I need an excuse !"

Siegfried sucks ? where did I say that in this topic ? Between "to be strong" and "to suck" there is some steps I guess.
But some people want so much to focus on this... I guess it's the easiest way !

SCIV ? During the firsts years of the game people said that it was balanced too.

Well, this time I'm really out, have fun :-)

Here is a clear example of you whining about Siegfried being bad http://8wayrun.com/threads/patch-wishlist.10708/

As for in this thread, we have this gem.

I guess the worst is that some people are still thinking that it's totally balanced, that Raphael is totally ok, that Siegfried is strong and solid (he has a huge sword after all). I wonder how those peoples are able to autopersuade themself that way. Maybe to avoid any cognitive dissonance to enjoy better this game.

You are basically saying Siegfried is so bad people have to be delusional to think he's good.

And as for SC4, no one ever called that game balanced. Algol was banned within the first 2 months of the game. Hilde was banned later in the game. There was even discussion of banning Amy and also talk of starwars characters being banned. At no point was there an overwhelming opinion of that game being balanced. Unlike this game where you are getting ostracized and laughed at because you think this game is super unbalanced. Which obviously isn't the popular opinion this time around.

R
Lol I can imagine
"Oh, I did some finals, I'm loosing so much with this character, I'm so bad, I need an excuse !"

Siegfried sucks ? where did I say that in this topic ? Between "to be strong" and "to suck" there is some steps I guess.
But some people want so much to focus on this... I guess it's the easiest way !

SCIV ? During the firsts years of the game people said that it was balanced too.

Well, this time I'm really out, have fun :-)
Really? SC4 balanced?? i never ever heard that EVER, this is the first sc that i hear a lot of people say that is balanced, not even in 2 that people loved so much, i heard that many people say it was balanced... but o well have fun, at least you have your char and its pretty strong, where is Zas??? o wait F2P is coming LOL

Here is a clear example of you whining about Siegfried being bad http://8wayrun.com/threads/patch-wishlist.10708/

You are basically saying Siegfried is so bad people have to be delusional to think he's good.

And as for SC4, no one ever called that game balanced. Algol was banned within the first 2 months of the game. Hilde was banned later in the game. There was even discussion of banning Amy and also talk of starwars characters being banned. At no point was there an overwhelming opinion of that game being balanced. Unlike this game where you are getting ostracized and laughed at because you think this game is super unbalanced. Which obviously isn't the popular opinion this time around.
I should have used this as my reply, great post.

whiff4-jpg.31533

Not only does Pantocrator think the game is super unbalanced, but the rest of Europe does too by banning Viola for no reason. She's not broken, but she has some janky stuff though. Viola isn't on SC4 Hilde level broken to warrant a ban.

Not only does Pantocrator think the game is super unbalanced, but the rest of Europe does too by banning Viola for no reason. She's not broken, but she has some janky stuff though. Viola isn't on SC4 Hilde level broken to warrant a ban.

Personally i dont think she's on that level, it could be that i simply havent seen it applied in a match. The things that make her broken that is, other than the infinite which has been banned.

Broken and unstoppable characters are different from Viola, who is capable of being beaten. Broken characters are ones like ST Akuma. These are guys who are literally unbeatable, if you are playing with even a slight understanding of how the game works, you cannot lose. And i think it speaks to the different mentalities of regions. Japan hasnt banned Viola, and they know what it is to fight against broken characters and the difference between that and an extremely powerful one. Hell, they even allow Devil Jin, which no other places do. It's somewhat similar to the scene in America is like, at least with the 2D fighters. If you are going up against a character that is really strong they just had to deal with it and play. Which is why neither places followed suit when most of Europe banned her.

Now this isnt to say i wouldnt approve of a ban, if it's ultimately what is best for the scene than there's nothing to be done. In my opinion, even if you do count Viola, this is still a pretty well balanced game. Of course i could be wrong and the next major will have non stop Viola mirrors and people will be dying in a single hit in round one.

If I recall correctly, Decopon got trounced the first day of Evo by SU (possibly to the tune to of 6 rounds straight). He won Evo because it was first-to-two and he pulled out a bit of jank with a character that was obscure at the time (no one even knew about the damage reset before Evo); not to mention pretty much the entire world of SC had a view into high level US SCV play while we had little to nothing. So, yeah, you're kinda absolutely wrong. But, then again, reading what you've posted, I note that you are not the rational or logical type and this should be expected.

Do not look forward to another reply.

EDIT: I forgot the part where Partisan lost to Decopon because he didn't know that Tira's wrK TJed and thus missed game-winning punishment. So, all in all, don't project the fact that someone intrudes deeply into your backside in an unpleasant way unto everyone else, sir. Thank you and good night.

Lack of match-up knowledge (not punishing - reacting correctly) is suddendly out the equation when it comes to general level of a country ? You just explained perfectly why the general level is still low in Europe and US.
Not that it's a final fact that cant evolve mind you, there's still time to get better for motivated players, but stop deluding yourself please.

This is why you don't patch a game super fast. Wait at least a year, however the backdash nerf was probably necessary.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying for a patch at this point. It ain't gonna happen though, because I'm almost positive that PS is "done" with sc5.

So with that in mind, why are we even talking about this?

Back