SCV Story Mode is only 1/4 of the Planned Size

Our first plan on the storyboard was that we had every characters story, and actually we do have it in the studio, but time-wise, man power-wise we weren’t able to do it and only one fourth of what we planned to do is in the game. Actually, some of the voice-overs are already taken but haven’t been used, so we want to make use of it somehow, but we don’t know how that’s going to be.

1/4, seriously? Man I can understand time is a problem, because time is always a problem, but 1/4. When you have to make something to certain date may be you are not in time so there are a couple of things that didn't get in time, but 1/4?

It is good to know that Namco had a Story planned. I and pretty sure other people would not mind the date pushed back so everyone can have a full story. Actually yesterday, A buddy and I talked about the story. We actually like rewrote the story including all characters, excluding Devil jin, Ezio, and Dampierre. Rewrote, I mean talk. It was pretty interesting. Back on topic, I would not mind DLC stories

IMHO, he should have continued as a character designer, because I think SC3 and 4 had the best character designs. Taki for example actually looked like a beautiful Japanese woman in 3. IDK what happened in 4 to turn her French/Spanish/IDK what, but her SC4 1P outfit was by far the best in the series. I'm really not crazy about the characters in 5.

You missed the point of what is being the game designer
I know write as "On SoulCalibur IV I was a game designer, in charge of character designing in game design." sound tricky, but thing is Daishi job was'nt character design that you mean (the "artistic" one)
Is total gameplay stuff

I'd be happy to support Soul Calibur with story or character DLC or a re-release down the road. I'm interested in seeing their ideas that didn't make it to final release as well as a Talim and Bangoo release. :)

You missed the point of what is being the game designer
I know write as "On SoulCalibur IV I was a game designer, in charge of character designing in game design." sound tricky, but thing is Daishi job was'nt character design that you mean (the "artistic" one)
Is total gameplay stuff
Guess I misunderstood. I thought he meant he designed the character models. Calling anything else "character design" is pretty confusing IMO.

I sorta guessed it, mostly given the 1607 story mode felt more like an 200-pages epic cut dow to around 30. I'm pressuming this meant they were 4 similar story paths planned at first (Pat/Pyr and the misfits quartet, with maybe chapters for...Sieg/Schwartzwind? Ivy? Yoshimitsu?). Such a big shame these went unrealized...

And I'm not sure if I want them for this game. Sure, I can't say I hated 1607 A.D. (for what I expected, it was much better), but I really think they get much better results when they do it fully written instead of cutscene-reliant. May be just me, but I enjoyed inmensely Edge Master and Tales of Souls, as well as Weapon Master. Throw in some Destined Battles scenes like old times (SC2) and that'd be great.

Well, there you have it. Evidence the game was rushed straight from the horse's mouth. Not like it wasn't already obvious, but hey, some people like denial.

On a positive note, future DLC is good, I just want to see this baby get the support that they promised it would, and it seems they are keeping their word.

I wouldn't buy an expansion for this game... we already payed for it and we don't need a re-release with an extra accessory or two.

Don't fall into the trap that Capcom did...

Back