SDCC SoulCalibur Talk Summary

• Admin
As most of you probably know by now, the "BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Fighting Games 2016" panel has recently taken place at San Diego Comic-Con. There was no stream for this event, but thanks to Twitter we have some information about what was discussed. Below you can see the tweets from a twitter user who was present at the event.

I currently have no other details from this panel, but if you were present at the event, then feel free to post in the comments and I will add it to the OP. The takeaway is that if you want a new SoulCalibur, then you should make sure to spam the SoulCalibur Facebook group to express your interest.

SoulCalibur Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur

Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Hey everyone! This thread wasn't designed to be a play place for those who want to hate on previous SC games. There are other places to do that. Please keep this in mind when posting future comments here otherwise they will be deleted. Thanks, and sorry for any inconveniences.
shut up corrupt mod

First you gotta consider FFcrapteen as a good FF, which isn't.
I'm quite a big FF fan, and when it comes to games after X, I say that they are still good or even great games.... For some people. But they are just that. They aren't FFs anymore. X-2 and XI were probably the biggest gaming disappointments in my life. I liked Lighting Returns, but it doesn't feel like an FF, really.

Also, since everybody is "discussing" guests here instead of the SCVI discussion thread... I think having no guests would be fine. It would be kinda cool if they got Rey in there, but I don't think they'd go for Star Wars again. Although Rey would fit much better than Vader, Yoda or the bloody Apprentice; if she used her staff instead of a lightsaber. If they really went for FF characters (I don't think that's gonna happen), the logical choice would be some character from XV.

Also, since everybody is "discussing" guests here instead of the SCVI discussion thread... I think having no guests would be fine. It would be kinda cool if they got Rey in there, but I don't think they'd go for Star Wars again. Although Rey would fit much better than Vader, Yoda or the bloody Apprentice; if she used her staff instead of a lightsaber. If they really went for FF characters (I don't think that's gonna happen), the logical choice would be some character from XV.
I'd also prefer no guests at all, but there is gonna be one or two. That's inevitable.
So as far as guest talk goes - PLEASE NO MORE STARWARS BS. It's just silly to see characters like those fighting samurai, knights, ninjas etc I'd like it to be some human-like boss from DarkSouls, character from WarriorsOrochi, or Warhammer (they, at least, look quite fitting). If we are taking somebody frome FF - take someone from FFI-FFV - no unnessesary (for SC) futurism and no unbalanceable BFS's.

Also, to think about it - Lightning would be nice choice (but only for SCV, not potentially upcoming SCVI), because of irony - FF13LR is nice game, but terrible FF, while SCV is nice SC(best fighting system so far and awesome online), but terrible game (5 years ago, when I wasn't really into fighting games - didn't care about balance, haven't played online - I wouldn't buy such a barebones of a game. Only thing worse than that now is SF5).

2 e z namco hah

8291ce05f0ba542b1773c20ae89238b2.png

The only "hidden message" I could even decipher in the logo is the "20". I won't be getting too far with that one theory only.
If they're going to celebrate the 20th anniv. of "Soul Calibur", that first game released in 1998 and add 20 to that, you get 2018? 'Don't think that's too feasible.
Soul Edge, the start of the entire legend, however, came out in 1995; add a 20 to that and you get 2015.
The last thing we were handed from PS was that SC:LS business, but that was released in 2014. Someone could have started to conjure up something since 2015 (maybe); so what would the company hypothetically have been doing that certain people on this website never knew about?

I think we're all thinkin too much.

Look hard at the "0" (zero).
Forward, backward or upside down it still means the same thing.

That's what we're going to get.
But we're lucky cause we all get the "anniversary material" on the FB page.
Don't you feel lucky?

When Namco's good and ready then they may actually give us some new SC, just don't hold your breath or you may not be with us when it actually hits.

Guys! Guys! These are all good theories about the hidden message. BUt let's not dance around the obvious. I did some ACTUAL research and found out something quite shocking while playing around with the zoom out button on photoshop.

Kind of a no-brainer, indecating that this might be a Nintendo NX exclusive but then i relised something. I was actually able to zoom out even more and that's when i relised something far more disturbing. (Following picture is not for faint of heart).
-
-
-

SC203.png

They do not know how to triforce...

Live streams

1 Viewers
kazumi_takeuchi_
kazumi_takeuchi_
I wanna friend for Steam [friend code: 796175443] -- I'm a newbie

Forum statistics

Threads