Setsuka - Q&A Thread

I see...seems I'll just use it as a rarity of some sorts, or surprise, lol. Thanks guys. And Destinizish, how's it going, haven't seen ya in awhile, haha.

It's good when the enemy gauge is blinking, but if you combo with bA on hit, it's a decent frontal ring out.

This is going to sound dumb and i mean really dumb but...
when doing:B::+::K:,:6::1::B:,:4::4::A::+::B:( i think thats it)
the :4::4::A::+::B: is it like doing :4::4: as if you where on P1's side or do you then change to :6::6: because you changed sides?
Do i do the tap towards or away from the enemy?

It's either 11A+B or 44B+K.

And it doesn't matter, it works on both sides.

So 11A+B or 33A+B, and 44B+K or 66B+K, it's your choice.

Best Controller Setup?

hi im wondering what is the best controller setup for setsuka mine is currently like this
L1: A+B
L2: B+K
R1: A+K
R2: B+G
all the other buttons like x triangle square and circle are normal

Best Controller Setup?

There is no best controller setup. Use whatever works well for you

Best Controller Setup?

Ls=A+K is the only thing i map, and only need it for seig/night slides, you can get all setsukas moves from the face buttons easy enough. triggers for throw breaks and Rs for taunt spam : ]

Best Controller Setup?

hi im wondering what is the best controller setup for setsuka mine is currently like this
L1: A+B
L2: B+K
R1: A+K
R2: B+G
all the other buttons like x triangle square and circle are normal

I highly advise with ALL pad buttons:

L2: A+B
L1: B+K
R2: A+K
R1: G

Why: While most double press can be easy, it takes a lot of pressure off to have a hot key and treat double presses as a whole nother button rather than a combination. As for G, few reasons, u still have easy access to B+G with R1+Tri, as well it's easy to interchange R1+ (A+G_B+G) as they are very similar in button press and you don't have to mentally train yourself to grab with 2 different presses (relieves using B+G bias and thus negating some predictability). As well this set up is perfect for JFs.

Setsukas A:G:B = Square:R1:L1
NM A:G:A = Square:R1:R2

no pad sliding spare the easy A:G. All the shoulders handle a lot of slide inputs. I don't think having B+G grafted to a button will register as G on strings. Anyway i find this to be the best universal set up for every character. CF is simply R2+R1+B...all lined up for you.

As for Stick (8button):

Sq: A
Tri: B
R1: K
L1: A+B+K+G
X: G
Circ: *
R2: *
L2: *

*place holders for JFs or B+K,A+K,SWT/another CF

Pretty obvious for G, A, B, K. CF has a hot key. You're left with 3 buttons underneath that can be used for convenience double presses (with Ivy I'm forced to hold A while in whip mode to prevent shifting down with B+K moves, so this is VERY nice to make Circle = B+K while my other finger is stuck. It gives me free reign to also take other near by buttons and kidn of play like charge hilde). As well you can line them up for JFs and just quickly smack the board and hit it perfect every time.

Frame advantage on prarry

Does anyone know how much frame advantage you get when you prarry? Do you get more when they strike the wall after, if so how much? Is there any GUARENTEED damage after a prarry? If not what can you use to try and net some besides the always tacky 2k and 2b............

BTW I'd like to referr to myself as a pretty good sets, I wouldn't say solid becuase my GI game varies between characters, with slow characters it sucks and with faster characters its better, but anyways I find a formidable sets a rarity on PSN to say the least, I've fought J_U_V_E_N_I_L_E, vivoco88, dibidilybop, Laswagga, destinizish, and LOKKirone. Who I can say are MAYBE the best sets on PSN as far as i've seen. It's been a while since I played them but the last time i played vivoco I almost won ( he went all poke whore at the end ) so if anyone would like to fight me send me a message on PSN. I would like to say i belong on that list of good sets but that would be down right tacky so unless some one would like to put me on there I'm nothing :,(

P.S Shenrei and CheeseOfTheDay, you guys are my idols, you need to post more casuals on youtube, and as for you shenrei.........>_<....I need to fight you at least once, but anyways remember to message me on PSN

Edit: I fight LOKKirone ALL the time I sometimes beat him, but to say he isn't good would be wrong.

~The Godly One~

This is going to sound dumb and i mean really dumb but...
when doing:B::+::K:,:6::1::B:,:4::4::A::+::B:( i think thats it)
the :4::4::A::+::B: is it like doing :4::4: as if you where on P1's side or do you then change to :6::6: because you changed sides?
Do i do the tap towards or away from the enemy?

I always hit left, no matter which side I'm doing it from.

does any1 have any tips on how to pull of umbrella after A+K,b sometimes i can get it or sometimes it misses or i just dont get umbrella at all :)

does any1 have any tips on how to pull of umbrella after A+K,b sometimes i can get it or sometimes it misses or i just dont get umbrella at all :)

The best advice I can give is to do 2143a:B very late, and very fast. The buffer window for it is very small. If you end up doing a while rising move instead of umbrella, make sure you're pressing 3 before you press aB; I had this problem at first, my hands were doing something like 214a3B, and it took a while to break the habit.

Also, I see this is your first post, so welcome to the site. :)

I have a couple of Setsuka questions that can hopefully be answered, lol.

First one: Is it worth learning the 1B:B, 214~3B:B, JF umbrella combo? I've been practicing it on training, with the Cpu active just to get a feel of it and it's coming along but I can not hit it a lot. I can probably do it 4 out of 10 attempts. Also, after the 214~3B:B hits, instead of JF umbrella, can I try to do 66A+B? Or will could they just Tech roll it or escape that in any other manner?

Second Q: How should I to use 236? Should I even try to use it?

Third Q: Asides from JF umbrella and possibly FC 3B:B punishes, what other ones can I do? I found it somewhat useful to use AA as a decent punisher on some moves on the SC cast, but I really don't know anything about punishing with her other than JF umbrella and FC 3B:B. Possibly mix in some 4B, 44B+K, 3K, 6B or something? Or should I just visit her frame data thread?

Fourth Q: I noticed I use a lot of 2A+B. That's bad right? Mainly because it is quite unsafe on block in which I painfully learned, lol. Is there any mix ups for it? I think I have some down, but I just want other Setsuka players insight on this.

Fifth Last Q: What do I do when I get the opponent down on the ground and I am at close distance? Do I mix in some 2B+K, 11_77B, 2B, 2ks? is there anything better?

That's all I got for now, lol. Sorry for the wall of text but I want to master Setsuka or at least be a formidable one for that matter, lol. Thanks in advance to whoever takes the time to read this wall of text, lol.

Back