Soul Calibur 5 Create a Soul Speculation

Which Create a Soul was the best in your opinion?

• Total voters
Sorry Gatsu, my bad for taking it a bit personally.

Anyone has an idea what this might be?
G1EeX.jpg

I mean-- I can imagine what this is but didn't Tago say that you're allowed to make any kind of character without any limitations caused by the physical looks of the character? Surely looks like an attempt balance out created characters, but basing on their height the characters will play differently than their original counterparts unless they're exactly the same size.

...Surely looks like an attempt balance out created characters...
Unfortunately it’s the opposite – increasing height has been shown to increase the “reach” and “power” stats without affecting other stats (at least as far as can be seen from the video and screenshots thus far). In other words, there is no penalty, and indeed a reward, for scaling up a normally-small/fast style. So if anything, the system as presented (who knows what the ultimate result will be) seems to exacerbate CAS imbalances.

One does have to wonder if the stat thing is merely for aesthetics it might not actually mean anything...or I would say that if it were not for the "ease of use" statistic.

It does seem as if the more reach and power the lower the speed and attack rate. attempt at balancing I guess...not that it is effective though.

You know, during the Character Creation video, they didn't implement the console buttons yet (No X, O for PS3 or A, B for Xbox), so that could mean that CC wasn't added to the main game yet. The star most likely highlights the best choice for the style; maybe they're still determining if they're going to add the varied heights in the final product. Either way, the 5 sizes they have probably had the least impact on hitboxes. If the players were able to make any kind of height they wanted, that'd be a MUCH bigger problem. But still...Project Soul has shown us that they learned a lot from SCIV's mistakes. I doubt they're going to add anything that would break the gameplay.

Again "i doubt" wich is like "i think", "i believe in PS/Namco/Santa Claus" and so on

Again. The #5 big man, the tallest one on the right.
Leixia style.
Explain technically HOW is possible it will work exactly like Leixia,with identical range/hitbox and not ghost collision.
Please.
I'm really curious.

Again
Is not doubt in Namco's skill and knowledge.
I'm sure they're working hard on the balance of the true game(standard characters).
I'm positive SCV cast is going to be balanced and solid.and if not they yet said patches will arrive

CaS?
CaS is about creativity

It would be very disappointing if the mode they obviously put so much work into wouldn't account to the actual game itself as in different handling on the existing styles and so on. someone using a created character with maxi's style and ending up unable to use maxi effectively after that because of the different speed etc. would be pretty horrible.

Again "i doubt" wich is like "i think", "i believe in PS/Namco/Santa Claus" and so on

Again. The #5 big man, the tallest one on the right.
Leixia style.
Explain technically HOW is possible it will work exactly like Leixia,with identical range/hitbox and not ghost collision.
Please.
I'm really curious.

Shrink the sword :D

Naw, I doubt they'll do much of anything to balance that bit.

It would be very disappointing if the mode they obviously put so much work into wouldn't account to the actual game itself as in different handling on the existing styles and so on. someone using a created character with maxi's style and ending up unable to use maxi effectively after that because of the different speed etc. would be pretty horrible.
If Size adjusts speed, wouldnt a small maxi be lightning?

G1EeX.jpg

From what it looks like: the preferred height of that character. Example: Pick Leixia or Natsu, it would have the star on a smaller height.

If Size adjusts speed, wouldnt a small maxi be lightning?
Stats don't change with size, watch any video of the mode and you'll see.

And I don't see what you're worried about, if you don't want hitbox issues then just choose the size with the little star. It's not like people are gonna use them in tournaments or anything, and hitbox issues weren't really that much of a big deal for most of the characters, it just got messy with big characters like Astaroth or smaller ones like Amy. I bet most of you are just repeating what someone else said and don't even know what a hitbox truly is.

G1EeX.jpg

From what it looks like: the preferred height of that character. Example: Pick Leixia or Natsu, it would have the star on a smaller height.

The stats chart to the right, Im not sure, used to be Mitsu's old stats. But now we know that his stats are all balanced out instead of maximum power, ha.

As far as which one had the best CAS, I'm drawn between 3 and Broken Destiny.

Overall, 3 had a brilliant CaS. Not only the layering system, but the alignment option was able to add more personality towards your character, including quotes, but voices are what was lacked. Weapon styles from bonus characters were a good feature, but they weren't implemented as well as it could have been. In addition, there was a story mode where the character was the center hero/heroine and put them into this world where they serve as much importance as the others.

With Broken Destiny, there were more face, voice, and hair options, which was needed. Even though some options were from default characters, some hairstyles made fans wish that they could be implemented into CaS characters.
With 4 introducing the pitch adjustment for voices, Broken Destiny used this as well, and with 10 voices, the possibilities were endless. It also introduced the equipment feature that 5 currently has as well.

As far as what V needs though, other than face editing, more hairstyles, and voice options (which I hope is included when unlocking material), V already has body editing, equipments, and pattern editing. Quick Match does involve CaS characters, which isn't as good as 3, but way better than 4, and something I'm content with.

I'm sure this has already been said but I want a penis size adjuster!

You must be playing Saint's Row The Third. They have that in the form of a "sex appeal" slider.

But then again, that game is rated M, so I can see that as an excuse for them to put that in the game. It might be considered a little "taboo" for Namco to put into this game, but hey, anything is possible.

i wish i had a smaller dick b/c right now it's so big i have to wrap it around my leg with linen before i put on shorts otherwise it'll flop right out

Back