Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

If they choose not to include CAS but rather just gave us access to the character edit feature, i would be fine with that. Say for example after the game releases and Okubo states in an interview that they decided to forgo full character creation which would include all the face, voice and body slider adjustments and instead just increase a lot of the clothing, hair, patterns, tatoos, sizing, garment length adjustment options. I would much prefer that choice, although i suspect the majority of people would still want to make their own character, so it probably wont happen.

Not sure i follow what you mean, i'm not familiar with MK since PS2 time. Why couldn't they remove CAS? Popularity?
Yes, it can't be removed due to its popularity. There is no way I will buy this game unless I can make my own characters. I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Its the same for guest characters. Geralt is going to get a lot of people to buy the game who wouldn't if he was absent.

Yes, it can't be removed due to its popularity. There is no way I will buy this game unless I can make my own characters. I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Its the same for guest characters. Geralt is going to get a lot of people to buy the game who wouldn't if he was absent.

Despite the fact i know this is the case, i still dont really understand it. What exaxtly is the issue? You have a moveset you like, there is an available character model to customize however you want anyway. Is it really so crucial to select name, body sizes and gender on top of that?

latest
Does Rothion's hair look like any of the IV/V hairstyles? Maybe we're getting new ones if it doesn't? Or he'll wear a helmet?

Like it or not, we're stuck with it but those of us posting in this topic enjoy using it.

Well, to make a character based off myself and make my own story in the game. Her name is Lady Haruka, an African-American woman soon becoming 57 this month. She travels back in time to the events of Soul Calibur 3 to observe the fighting styles of Sophitia, Cassandra, and Setsuka. The latter two fighting styles are her favorite styles to learn (this also includes Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega) but Haruka went back to her own time period to make an android robot that will learn the Setsuka style. She named her Android 57. Afterwards, she built an android daughter and named her Setsuka Junior (yes, she is African-American) who practices not only the Setsuka style but she also likes the Taki/Natsu style.

Not too long after, a woman in her late thirties named Mai Shinnabe, a long-time friend and rival of Haruka, went back in time for the same reasons as me. She too makes a humanoid robot based on herself and named her Android 38.

I will be honest: CaS is half the fun in Soul series that I will find myself playing 3, 4, and 5 more often than 2.

The adventures of Lady Haruka and Mai Shinnabe will continue into Soul Calibur 6! I hope they recycle the Jun and Xiaoyu outfits from SC5 since Mai and Haruka loves to wear them in that game!!

Sayonara :sc3set1:

Despite the fact i know this is the case, i still dont really understand it. What exaxtly is the issue? You have a moveset you like, there is an available character model to customize however you want anyway. Is it really so crucial to select name, body sizes and gender on top of that?
The issue is that I don't care about the cast characters, at all. They're only good for their fighting styles as far as I'm concerned. I always want to make my own characters. Not edit the cast.

Guests are important as well. Before CaS, the only character I played as in SoulCalibur 2 was Link.

People just like creating their own characters and prefer that over playing dress-up with the main roster. That's it. There's not much else to get.

Making guest characters is a popular use among CaS users. If you want make, say, Link from the Zelda games, you can't just put a green tunic on Sophitia.

The preset voice and face options they give for CAS can't be any more likable than the standard cast.

This does need to function properly online, meaning accurate and fast actions with minimal delay from inputs. That is at the end of the day the major point behind a competitive fighting game. Of course i'll still play with customization just like anyone else if its made available and i've got several posts on here discussing CAS options but that is all said with the understanding that it shouldn't come at the expense of a decent playable game. I assume at some point these options, depending on how in depth it is will affect other aspects of the game.

The preset voice and face options they give for CAS can't be any more likable than the standard cast.

I quite liked Female Cynical Voice (Ali Hillis) from SoulCalibur V, as well as Kamikirimusi / Female Voice #2 (Michelle Ruff) in SoulCalibur IV.

I'm also hoping that Michelle Ruff comes back to voice Xianglian again. Her voice was sorely missed in SoulCalibur V.

To piss off Australians with an accurate representation of Steve Irwin - down to the barb through his chest.

And to really drive the point home, the gunshot glass shatter effect on the character card.

I hope we get the choice to place characters in stages like sciv. Also, I hope it plays music from these stages. I've spent so long on the scv CaS, I don't think I can ever listen to the damn music again. The random heaven design is pretty horrible after a while too, but it helps to see the colour of everything I guess.

I hope we get the choice to place characters in stages like sciv. Also, I hope it plays music from these stages. I've spent so long on the scv CaS, I don't think I can ever listen to the damn music again. The random heaven design is pretty horrible after a while too, but it helps to see the colour of everything I guess.
The image for one of Japan's CaS pre-order bonuses shows Sophitia standing on the "Master Swordman's Cave" stage, so I think we'll be able to choose the CaS stage this time!

img_benefit_01.png

Back