Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

They ought to have a photo mode for all offline matches and all replays, period. I'm surprised they didn't have or add one in Tekken 7.

Last edited:
They ought to have a photo mode for all offline matches and all replays period. I'm surprised they didn't have or add one in Tekken 7.
Heh, if there is a photo mode, my Xbone feed is going to be filled with screenshots of CaS lol.

Make Ivy white, her SCV costume looked too great in that color imo, literally the only costume i used for her in the game

It screwed me up so many times. If things clip just let us deal with it. I don't mind. I want to be able to wear a baihu and cropped pants.
Agreed so much. And I want to wear stiletto heels with the black stockings and not have them cut off at the ankle lol

It quite bothered me when things that could fit and layer together in SCV CaS ended up with your character looking bloated like a balloon. A lot of my creations/edits ended up forgoing either a middle layer or the armored chest piece altogether because they ended up looking so bulky.
Oh man you are so right on that. If you put on a mid-clothing item and then added an upper body item, it would bloat your character's look in such an unflattering way.

A necessary evil is that rather than the middle piece, we lose it and instead get undergarments divided for tops and bottoms. That could easily be part of the floatiness.

But I’ll be annoyed if we still can’t choose facial hair. Mitsurugi and Siegfried lost their awesome beards and Cervantes might have a creepy skin tone.

But y’all may want to try out Champions Online or Dragon’s Dogma while waiting for news and even after. The latter was good for me to practice envisioning my OCs faces.

In fact my avatar is from a character creator for RPG Maker resources I purchased.

Regardless III was the best for outfits, IV had the prettiest customs, and V for overall customizabllity.

No I know for a fact they could fix this issue without axing the middle piece. Soul Calibur 3 didn't have this problem so there's no reason that they can't fix this issue with an improved game engine.
Yes, it can't be removed due to its popularity. There is no way I will buy this game unless I can make my own characters. I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Its the same for guest characters. Geralt is going to get a lot of people to buy the game who wouldn't if he was absent.

I have to agree with this. I mean honestly, I would still get the game if it didn't have character creation since I do like some of the original characters and I mean, if I can still play Tekken despite me wishing they'd finally add character creation (Seriously, come on now!), I can understand why the lack of character creation would be a death sentence to SC since a lot of people come for it. If they really didn't want this to happen, they shouldn't have brought the featue back in SC4 & SC5 but unfortunately for them, they didn't do that and now they have a sizeable part of the players who only come for CAS.

And same for guest characters which I begrudgingly just go with.

I quite liked Female Cynical Voice (Ali Hillis) from SoulCalibur V, as well as Kamikirimusi / Female Voice #2 (Michelle Ruff) in SoulCalibur IV.

I'm also hoping that Michelle Ruff comes back to voice Xianglian again. Her voice was sorely missed in SoulCalibur V.
I hated the cyncial voice from SC5 to be honest. Some of the quotes were just so stupid. "I'm hungry" Like... Wut? LOL I personally liked the cyncial voice from III the most ("You're quite a disgusting sight to behold").

I hope we get the choice to place characters in stages like sciv. Also, I hope it plays music from these stages. I've spent so long on the scv CaS, I don't think I can ever listen to the damn music again. The random heaven design is pretty horrible after a while too, but it helps to see the colour of everything I guess.

I actually didn't mind the heavenly background in SCV because it had really good lighting. The problem I had with selecting background stages in SCIV was that the lighting could be off on the character when you try coloring them. I tended to only use the Imperial Garden (Sophitia's level) backdrop since the lighting there was the least dramatic when it came time to color characters. That said, I think that choosing a different stage background would be good for when you take your
Make Ivy white, her SCV costume looked too great in that color imo, literally the only costume i used for her in the game

I personally think white looks terrible on Ivy. While I liked her outfit in SCIII, the white just didn't really work with her (in my eyes). I think Purple & Gold are the best colors for her representing her regal and refined side.

I prefer the middle layer being there, it makes it easy to make a cool looking Templar.
@Kai_lombax I see where you're coming from with the stages, I only tended to use Sophie and X's stage. But with the amount of time I spent on scV's CaS it gets a tad boring. Funnily enough I'm literally on CaS right now lol.
But if I hear that scv creation music again, I will have trauma. For reference I've created a total of 820 characters over my two accounts. There are very few characters that I end up deeming goid enough to stay around. XD. but now I have a set of characters I am pretty happy with having around.

SC1 had the most extensive art gallery, with everything from expanded lore, to concept art, and even fanart. I hope they do something like this.

I prefer the middle layer being there, it makes it easy to make a cool looking Templar.
@Kai_lombax I see where you're coming from with the stages, I only tended to use Sophie and X's stage. But with the amount of time I spent on scV's CaS it gets a tad boring. Funnily enough I'm literally on CaS right now lol.
But if I hear that scv creation music again, I will have trauma. For reference I've created a total of 820 characters over my two accounts. There are very few characters that I end up deeming goid enough to stay around. XD. but now I have a set of characters I am pretty happy with having around.

Haha I actually didn't mind SCV's character creation theme but I can understand why the theme could grate on someone's nerves. Personally, I like the theme for SCIII's character creator the most.

And I can understand. But yeah like I said, I just was grateful that the heavenly background was properly lit in lighting which made it easy to color outfits and hey, I think I have the same amount of characters. I have two accounts full of customs haha

SC1 had the most extensive art gallery, with everything from expanded lore, to concept art, and even fanart. I hope they do something like this.

I missed out on SC1 back in it's heyday and while I finally got SC1 on Xbox 360 a few months ago, I haven't unlocked everything but woof, that is a lot of stuff. SC2 & SC3 had sizeable unlockables as well and I agree, I hope that SC6 returns to form and gives us some sizeable unlockables just like the good old days.

But that's the worst version! It's missing mission mode, which is the best part of the game. Play the Dreamcast original!
Oh man I had no idea lol I would but I don't have a Dreamcast and on Ebay, they tend to get into crazy bidding that kinda goes above my spending range lol

First glimpse of create-a-soul mode seems interesting. It also does seem to be more developed than V...which I'm admittedly surprised about. Of course we need to wait and see if it lives up to the quantity as well as quality.

CAS CONFIRMED!
LIBRA OF SOULS!
MULTIPLE RACES!
NAKED SHINY MEN! wait wut?
There has been screen shots of some CaS footage, from what I can tell, the Valkyrie set is returning, as well as the rocaille set.

Old hairstyles seem to be back. Bunny girl and elf girl have Hilde/Cassie and Setsuka hair...

Feels like we’re not seeing all of it. The lack of facial hair options is annoying, but it may be at the bottom of the scroll bar.

Back