Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

It seems that their solution to people sharing characters with DLC items is to just allow them to use the copy of the character but not modify the character. The take away from this is that if you share a CAS you likely will not be able to modify it at all. Hence creating your own characters is probably preferable as you can alter them as you like...but even if you don't you can hopefully see how the character was created and create it yourself.
What I took from that is BECAUSE you don't own the DLC yourself, you cannot edit it... because you can't physically put equipment you don't own on it yourself. If, however, you own the DLC, you should be able to edit it freely.

What I took from that is BECAUSE you don't own the DLC yourself, you cannot edit it... because you can't physically put equipment you don't own on it yourself. If, however, you own the DLC, you should be able to edit it freely.
Huh after reading my post I realize that I forgot to add "without all of the pieces or dlc" to one of my sentences...it kind of changes the meaning lol. Yeah no I completely believe that it is contingent to owning the dlc as well...minor grammar mistake.

Speaking of downloading, do you think there will be any indication when facing a downloaded character that it isn't rightfully theirs?

Example, going against a downloaded characters should have an asterisk (*) next to it. Maybe if they're edited from there they can be labeled "Remix" or something like that.

I doubt it, because, for the sake of argument, if you do own all the parts and can freely edit it, you can just write everything down and make a copy from scratch, and there'd be no way to detect that you'd done that. So having a distinction almost seems meaningless unless it's a situation where you don't have the parts, and even then maybe that would just be on your end, so you don't forget about it, come back, and wonder why you can't edit one of your customs.

I will be really happy if i can create with CaS this for Mitsu (of course, including the hairstyle):

8ec44442f2dec320d44948207ab202c5.jpg

And can make something with that vibe for Ivy:

DlwYbAfUcAEOe19.jpg

Last edited:
Better voice lines. Give us things that are more interesting than the typical and kinda cringy "Let's fight!" lines that were in SC5.

Oh, and speaking of voices... Can we please have less variation between the Japanese and English CAS voices? It really bugs me how in SC5 there were so many voices that sounded drastically different in Japanese than in English, which made pitch/tone manipulation really weird when changing languages. The female 'Cynical' voice was an exceptionally bad offender, ugh.
Lol hated SCV's quotes. "So, wanna fight?" "Care to dance with me?" 😹

Same as I've had in the past.

Fantastical options

Let us change human ears to elf years? Or have mutated arms like Oprah? Or maybe a robotic arm like Yoshimitsu? Hell, why not let us create our own lizardmen and golems? Give us the voice options for our character to be completely silent, or give hisses/roars. Let us set our eyes to glow like Nightmare.

Facial hair editor

SCV tied facial hair to the face options, well no longer! SCVI should have a separate facial hair editor, complete with mustaches, beards, and goatees of every type. No more using tails or other objects to improvise a mustache!

In-depth face editor

Speaking of which, having to choose between a pre-set number of faces with no other options has to go. Every game with customization nowadays has an in-depth face editor, time for SC to join the club.

More creation slots

With the power of current gen, our creations shouldn't be limited to just 50 slots. I would like at least 300, so our creativity can flow.

More equipment

One of the things that bugs me the most is that LS has a ton of equipment that SCV doesn't have (even if a lot of them are barely-there slut costumes). Make sure to have more equipment in SCVI so we aren't limited without DLC like in SCV. Also, have everyone's costume be available has equipment without DLC, though it should be made an unlockable. Also, more anachronistic clothing too.
It's confirmed we are getting 100 slots and we can share our creations with friends (downloadable).

Hey guys. Looking for any clarification. I noticed in the LOS trailer when you pause 00:33 and look at the description of the cyborg. It says, "move on the most treacherous of plains." Does this mean that each race will have pros and cons based on a stage effect?
If you remember back to mission mode, there would be the rats that would bite your feet, or the quicksand. Is this a hint that certain races won't have to worry about certain stage traps? The Angels seem to come from Astralchaos. Imagine FFX pyreflies that float around and touch you to cause negative or positive effects.
I think this would be a brilliant feature to be added. But I am not sure because I don't deep dive into all the interviews or leaked information. Also with such a large number of character slots are you encouraged to try different builds for any number of situations? What are all of your thoughts?

I honestly doubt that the races will actually have pros and cons or even varied movesets, that it will all be aesthetics. But they might surprise us.

Yeah it might be something that could be added later down the line. I don't think they will have individual move sets. Just interact with the environments or even how good or bad you are differently. Now that I actually wrote that down I remembered that the Astral Chaos Angel said something about always attacking evil and looking for order or something? It could be another element other than your level, style,weapon, and morality. I'll just stay on the fence, but this is going to make my anticipation worse.

The most I could see happening is certain races have more range, certain races have more power, certain races have more defense.. but even that is unlikely and would only be available in a "special" mode similar to SC4.

I hope Geralt's style being in CaS means we also get to make custom colors and outfits for him.

I hope Geralt's style being in CaS means we also get to make custom colors and outfits for him.
That would be great, maybe they allowed PS more freedom with the character and moveset, cuz the 2P recolour is so bad.

Third party developers are usually pretty strict about stuff like that. Custom colors is even a stretch, but I suppose it's within the realm of possibility.
I really hope tecoloring the 2p doesn’t take one of the 100 CAS slots, but it might cuz it did in SCV.
Assuming the gamesave has the same setup, and I'd imagine it would, It will take up a slot. I doubt they'd put in the work to change the gamesave around that much.

I really hope that recoloring the 2p doesn’t take one of the 100 CAS slots, but it might cuz it did in SCV.
Assuming the gamesave has the same setup, and I'd imagine it would, It will take up a slot. I doubt they'd put in the work to change the gamesave around that much.
It had its own dedicated slot in SoulCalibur III, though, and in that they know we're going to have to make our own 2p costumes, perhaps they won't charge us for the recolors, since the demo builds even have the UI for color 1 or color 2, like SoulCalibur III did.

It had its own dedicated slot in SoulCalibur III, though, and in that they know we're going to have to make our own 2p costumes, perhaps they won't charge us for the recolors, since the demo builds even have the UI for color 1 or color 2, like SoulCalibur III did.
To only get two recolors per character would be cancer though. That's mostly what I use for some characters. Not all CaS equipment can capture their image.

To only get two recolors per character would be cancer though. That's mostly what I use for some characters. Not all CaS equipment can capture their image.

It might also be worth noting that customization in general, both costumes and recolors will effectively disable a lot of the special transformations that come from Soul Charges. I suspect this game has completely done away with the "color editing" feature. On the surface it would appear to not matter since it looks as if all the standard outfits is available to remove or change however you want but i imagine editing a character in any way disables Soul Charge effects. So basically we only get access to the one standard and secondary color for a true, "unaltered" character.

Back