Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

I watched a few minutes of it (not gonna watch the whole 2 hr vid). Based on my observations, seems that you can gain different types of attacks denoted by the colourful spheres (they look like materias in Final Fantasy 7). You can alter the type of attack in that category but at a cost of DNA points. So it's really a matter of choosing the best move sets for your character at the same time budgeting the DNA economy.

Last edited:
I watch a few minutes of it (not gonna watch the whole 2 hr vid). Based on observing it, seems that you can gain different types of attacks denoted by the colourful spheres (they look like materias in Final Fantasy 7). You can alter the type of attack in that category but at a cost of DNA points. So it's really a matter of choosing the best move sets for your character at the same time budgeting the DNA economy.
Yeah they were like Lost Swords equipment system. Also you could trade your block for dodging, for example. It was quite clumsy, yet insteresting to build your own character.

And let main cast edits take up a different set of slots than original CaS also. That'd be gravy.

THIS. THIS. A MILLION TIMES THIS.

Sorry. I got excited. But as someone who makes 2P costumes for all his customs, I HATE that making alternates for the base cast also takes up CC slots. I'd rather each character had like 5 slots (in addition to costumes they already have) for customs.

I also think a 'create your own fighting style' system similar to Mortal Kombat Armageddon (I think it was that game anyway) but with SC I think that would be impossible or at least way too much work for them to even consider it. It's an "I'd love to see it but never will" thing. It'd be too hard to balance and they'd have to code a whole bunch of different moves for each weapon type and then have various selectable commands to assign them too. Hurts my head to think about XD. It would be awesome though because then we could create missing characters ourselves and make them more than just a clone of an existing character.

I don't like the idea of clothing affecting character 'stats' in any way. That ruined Soulcalibur IV for me because my OC wears cloth material clothes, which gave zero defense so he continuously got his ass handed to him. It was an awful decision that only limited the creation process and made it not fun.

Customizable voices could be fun. You pick a personality, a pitch, and then have a long list of dialogue options (based on your chosen personality) for different lines (start of battle, victory, loss, throw execution, several basic attack lines). Again, way too much work for them to consider but would make each character, even those with the same personality/pitch, have unique qualities.

THIS. THIS. A MILLION TIMES THIS.

Sorry. I got excited. But as someone who makes 2P costumes for all his customs, I HATE that making alternates for the base cast also takes up CC slots. I'd rather each character had like 5 slots (in addition to costumes they already have) for customs.

I had a copied save file on a separate memory stick so I could use that for all my cast edits. It's the save I used when I wanted to do some serious fighting and stuff, wherein CaS is rightly banned but edits aren't. It was a workaround but it would be convenient if it was separated at base.

I personally wouldn't mind a variation system like MKX (that way if we don't get Koreans you don't get Hwang doing girly dances and using crocodile tears as an attack and get a Pattycakes easter egg through Sophitia.) But yeah, let the main cast have separate alternate costumes that don't take CAS slots. I doubt they will get alts.

Alternately going with my hopes of gender variations that you can choose rather than have assigned, there could also be a more monstrous style.

Last edited:
One thing I feel went ignored was he photo options.

I really liked the idea that was we could use a move from a character's move list as a pose. Slowing the camera down is also a good idea. I personally want expressions as an option for pictures. Filters would be nice too.

Also equipment should be broken down as
-Headgear
-Eyewear
-Lower face
-Facial accesories
-hair accesories
-neck
-shoulders
-upperarms
-lowerarms
-hands
-chest
-abdomen
-hips
-thighs
-knees
-calfs
-ankles
-footwear

I really feel CaS should be more like the WWE games. I really like the idea of customizing our intro too and picking the lines they say for their into, outros, losses, time out, ring out, ect. The CaS in SC5 were so dead in the face. Their faces never moved from their default expression. I feel like alignment should also affect their personalities and what lines they say.

Yeah they were like Lost Swords equipment system. Also you could trade your block for dodging, for example. It was quite clumsy, yet insteresting to build your own character.
Right, bottom line is that it isn't really a branch-out system, but I'm sure you're aware of that already.

Will I consider giving CAS a try based on that? Maybe, but if its a branch-out system, then I'm more interested in trying that out. I just find the branch-out system to be more of a grow-discover-learn type of feel.

I have to go outside the realm of fighting games to provide a good example of a branch-out system, the Witcher 3 has that kind of system where you can focus your witcher on arcane magics, alchemy, and physical attacks. Going more deep on CAS, it would be nice if they have move sets that are great for rush-ins and turtling and you can balance between the two.

Last edited:
I think myself (and most of us) may have to be prepared to be disappointed by the roster. No matter what happens, it will likely be smaller than we would like and lacking characters that will baffle us.

So what I would love is for them to include as many costumes, hairstyles and facial options (if not the ability to craft faces using sliders) of all the past (and future/SCV I guess) characters, allowing us to recreate any character we wish pretty accurately, but just having to make do with the SCVI weapon styles (and any they might give us for CAS though I doubt they will because then they might as well just give us the character instead).

In other words, if you won't give us the characters we want, at least give us the tools to make them ourselves XD I saw some pretty garbage attempts at past characters in SCV (not because the person making them was bad but just because the options weren't great) so it'd be nice to see CAS improved enough to make some convincing attempts at any character from the series. ^_^. I don't mind putting in the work as long as they make it possible.

Alternate thought about the admittedly ambitious gender variations if they can't happen. Maybe allow us to choose the taunt and less weapon-based winpose from the other characters? SCIII's "Soul of XYZ" styles sometimes didn't do winposes if they were too personal to a certain character afaik. I mean you could still hold down certain buttons to avoid certain winposes... SCIII had those personality-based win poses, so maybe if voices include personality types, that'd change the more personality-based win poses.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a front and back portion to hairstyles if Tekken-style customization will be an issue. But I kind of want an undercut most of all new haircuts. And the ponytail to not be DLC.

Kind of hope the armor break used a priority system of sorts (ie: Headwear/Shoulders/Facial Wear.) A toggle would be too much.

I’m trying not to get too eager so I don’t get dissapointed. Just hope that it gets a trailer. I remember when V’s came out and we thought we had SCIV layers until the dev scrolled down to show the upper layer.

I'd want an alignment option again like in SC3, I'd specifically want gothic lolita and victorian stuff but fancy pieces overall, hit effects, weapon trails/auras, normal camera angles for intros and outros, patterns and stickers, etc.

Everyone has already listed great things but I just want fancy, in-depth stuff. You know?

I'd want an alignment option again like in SC3, I'd specifically want gothic lolita and victorian stuff but fancy pieces overall, hit effects, weapon trails/auras, normal camera angles for intros and outros, patterns and stickers, etc.

Everyone has already listed great things but I just want fancy, in-depth stuff. You know?
Alignment was not an option in SC3, it was based on the colors and costumes you had, which is retarded. Sure, if you could pick between evil and good lines, that would be awesome, but its bad to have it based on something so random.

Back