Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

Autumn

[11] Champion
So how did Cassandra's outfit turn out for CAS? Is it all properly separated and compatible with other stuff? Or did they take the lazy route and combine several things? I'd really like to know if those shoes come off the leggings and if that scarf/cape thing comes off the top.
I'd say they did a pretty good job with Cassandra's parts; they're much more separated and less conflicting than many of the other pieces from the female roster. To answer your specific questions, the shoes are separate from the leggings, which are an inner item with a corset-like thing attached. The scarf is attached to the dress and uses the limited "no orange allowed" palette for some stupid reason (I think this is unintentional/a bug), but thankfully the rest of the dress has the standard palette. Speaking of, the dress is extremely versatile; it can be equipped with a lot of undergarments and most of the pants/skirts and waist items. My biggest complaint with it (besides the scarf coloring) is that the default bra shows up underneath, and the only undergarment that doesn't peek out is the leggings from the same set, but it's such a useful item otherwise that I don't really care. Also it's unbreakable, which is nice.

So yeah, there's my wall of text. And just for the hell of it, I'm linking an awesome creation from Twitter that uses the dress:

AMillionHP

[13] Hero
I'd say they did a pretty good job with Cassandra's parts; they're much more separated and less conflicting than many of the other pieces from the female roster. To answer your specific questions, the shoes are separate from the leggings, which are an inner item with a corset-like thing attached. The scarf is attached to the dress and uses the limited "no orange allowed" palette for some stupid reason (I think this is unintentional/a bug), but thankfully the rest of the dress has the standard palette. Speaking of, the dress is extremely versatile; it can be equipped with a lot of undergarments and most of the pants/skirts and waist items. My biggest complaint with it (besides the scarf coloring) is that the default bra shows up underneath, and the only undergarment that doesn't peek out is the leggings from the same set, but it's such a useful item otherwise that I don't really care. Also it's unbreakable, which is nice.

So yeah, there's my wall of text. And just for the hell of it, I'm linking an awesome creation from Twitter that uses the dress:
Thank you for that. Not gonna lie, i aint a fan of that scarf but the rest of that looks great and yes, that CAS you posted from Twitter was nice.

ZionOAS

[10] Knight
I’ve been thinking about Season 2. I have been using all 200 slots for creation. I went through the 100 slots in the first week. With the character roster expanding we definitely need to increase the slots well over 200. Maybe 250-300. It be nice if the Custom slots increase as well but I would like if they prioritized on the offline portion.

I thought why Season 2 wouldn’t be coming out until next year...Free Holiday packs? The absence of the Medusa headpiece has left one of my created characters bald for the longest time. Hopefully going into the new year they release some old equipment such as the Leviathan Borgonet, Horus Vizard, Tiger Lily sets. I can see the Horus Vizard set being a relatable Halloween costume to include in the bonus.

mokamoka827

[13] Hero
Still really hoping we get that hairstyle Salia was sporting in Libra. Don't understand why she got a unique hairstyle tbh.
Speaking of hairstyles, the Wretch Helmet makes me wish we could get a dreadlock style even more. They could easily make a dreaded ponytail in a similar fashion. It's still just so annoying to me that the only afro textured hair in the game is a comically large '70s fro and some weirdly shiny cornrows.

ZionOAS

[10] Knight
It's still just so annoying to me that the only afro textured hair in the game is a comically large '70s fro and some weirdly shiny cornrows.
Sometimes I miss the textures of SC5 vs the Unreal Engines. The crewcut now looks like slick piece of plastic, when it used to hair those curls in it.

RudderbuttCos

[09] Warrior
Yeah, that, too, is a mixed blessing; it's great for turning a pair of leather shoes into sneakers by using the zipper sticker as velcro straps and adding a cute marking on the outside (and inside, but I was able to cover that up):
…on the other hand, it made it difficult creating a decent "Man of Steel" variant Supergirl in SCV using that legless "scaled suit" under-armor; I ended up just giving her a "pink" and gold shield with no marking, but at least I was able to make a decent shield for her cape.
How did you do that with the socks? I'm very curious and would like to do that for some of my characters :) Thanks :D

Amesang

[04] Fighter
So an update on the "special characters in names" things… apparently some character auto-censor names — but I'm not sure which ones, since the player themselves can't see the censor, only those who fight against them. I was told my cutesy devil girl, Karen 'Akamu, had her name censored… but then again, the name "Karen" is banned on Xbox LIVE when it comes to naming screenshots and dmr captures.

It's times like this that I wish I had a mic so I could directly ask for assistance. 😐
How did you do that with the socks? I'm very curious and would like to do that for some of my characters :) Thanks :D
Try this:
  • Pattern: Legwear (Inner)
    • Pattern: Basic 4
    • Colors: 31,0:0 | 3,1:9
    • Size: +37
    • Angle: −25
    • Flip Vertically: OFF
    • Flip Horizontally: OFF
  • Sticker #1: Legwear (Inner)
    • Sticker: Motif 3
    • Color: 20:0,0
    • Application Method: Projection
    • Size: +50
    • Angle: +0
    • Move Vertically: −35
    • Move Horizontally: +0
    • Vertical Angle: +0
    • Horizontal Angle: −25
  • Sticker #2: Legwear (Inner)
    • Horizontal Angle: +25

sytus

[13] Hero
but then again, the name "Karen" is banned on Xbox LIVE when it comes to naming screenshots and dmr captures.
I would not be surprised this is to do with China. I've heard for a long time stuff that has supernatural elements, skeletons and death get censored there and considering Karen sounds like Charon the underworld ferryman from Greek mythology it might be on a state naughty words list so has been banned.

EDIT:

After doing some digging I came across this.

What's interesting is the section on the Chinese Ministry of Culture.
  • Gambling-related content or game features
  • Anything that violates China’s constitution
  • Anything that threatens China’s national unity, sovereignty, or territorial integrity.
  • Anything that harms the nation’s reputation, security, or interests.
  • Anything that instigates racial/ethnic hatred, or harms ethnic traditions and cultures.
  • Anything that violates China’s policy on religion by promoting cults or superstitions.
  • Anything that promotes or incites obscenity, drug use, violence, or gambling.
  • Anything that harms public ethics or China’s culture and traditions.
  • Anything that insults, slanders, or violates the rights of others.
  • Other content that violates the law
the 7th regulation is the bit that might have lead to the censorship of Karen because what can you do in SC6? You can make a skeleton CaS with the name Karen which sounds like Charon which would in effect promote the Greek pantheon deity. If this is the case I'm not shocked by this TBH, I wouldn't be surprised that the name Hitler gets censored in a lot of games in the west, just seems to be part and parcel of the tyranny to not cause offence.

Last edited:

Ukkesh

[11] Champion
I'm playing Code Vein proper and the character creation system with regards to faces and hair and accessories is all pretty top notch. Fell a bit short in terms of base clothing selection and sliders for scale, though...
Exactly this, I spent ages fine tuning my character trying to look awesome, thinking I'd get another costume later in the game. Nope. Hopefully dlc will amend that.

I love the choice of accessories though. Amaaaazibg.

Amesang

[04] Fighter
I would not be surprised this is to do with China. I've heard for a long time stuff that has supernatural elements, skeletons and death get censored there and considering Karen sounds like Charon the underworld ferryman from Greek mythology it might be on a state naughty words list so has been banned.
…and here I thought it was due to the "Karen meme" that's been going around (and which, as far as I'm aware, didn't exist when I first drew my "lil" devil nearly twenty years ago). I do know that the name was acceptable back in March, and I was able to override the censoring by using the Cyrillic "е" instead of the Latin "e".

Alexandra

Fearless Eyes
I just found these Lost Swords screenshots earlier today. It's a pretty cool set. It'd be nice if we could get something like this for DLC, though we're probably gonna get all the hentai nonsense first 🙄
I wonder if there are any other non-fanservicey armor sets I haven't seen.
That would make a great alt for Tira or Nightmare

RudderbuttCos

[09] Warrior
So an update on the "special characters in names" things… apparently some character auto-censor names — but I'm not sure which ones, since the player themselves can't see the censor, only those who fight against them. I was told my cutesy devil girl, Karen 'Akamu, had her name censored… but then again, the name "Karen" is banned on Xbox LIVE when it comes to naming screenshots and dmr captures.

It's times like this that I wish I had a mic so I could directly ask for assistance. 😐

Try this:
  • Pattern: Legwear (Inner)
    • Pattern: Basic 4
    • Colors: 31,0:0 | 3,1:9
    • Size: +37
    • Angle: −25

• Sticker #1: Legwear (Inner)
    • Horizontal Angle: −25

• Sticker #2: Legwear (Inner)
    • Horizontal Angle: +25
OMG that worked perfectly thanks :D I ended up using that for two of my characters (they are still WIPs for now), but here they are :)
51. Hanna.jpg

73. Julia.jpg

RudderbuttCos

[09] Warrior
I just found these Lost Swords screenshots earlier today. It's a pretty cool set. It'd be nice if we could get something like this for DLC, though we're probably gonna get all the hentai nonsense first 🙄
I wonder if there are any other non-fanservicey armor sets I haven't seen.
I haven't played Lost Swords, but those look AWESOME!!!