Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

It's not ideal, but if they do bring back most or all of the stuff from SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V with the DLC, then I'm fine with that. I already bought the Deluxe Edition anyway, and I was going to do it regardless for the characters, so it's not a big deal. I'll be playing the game for a long while to come, anyway, so it'll just be like CaS booster packs inbetween new characters. Hopefully there could also be some new, quality gear amidst the return of the good old stuff, but if it's all modern / Tekken / silly stuff, then that's when I'd be upset.

The only thing I can say about it being returning items is that if that pre-order Japanese DLC which is returning stuff is the standard, we’re mostly safe as long as it isn’t the stupid sexy stuff.

As long as the parts are actually useful. If you can't put stickers on it, conflicts with everything, and comes in giant chunks that you can't break up, then it's not worth it. It sucked having to look up reviews of parts to see if they were worth buying in 5. I'd rather not pay extra money for stuff that was already in 5, though. Supposedly, they took out the sphere extra equipment, too.

Goggles are also gone, apparently, which means I'll have to improvise if at all being able to recreate Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia. That's got me a little miffed, to be honest. Also Ring Pants and Honor Boots aren't in, meaning I can't make a faithful Luna from SoulCalibur III. They better come back, or else:

bHY78Ym.jpg

My females are losing essential items. Most of them will have to wear the slit skirt until a side skirt or Setsuka’s 2P skirt show up.

One of my protagonists needs a circlet. I may compromise by using the moon extra for now. Probably with the glittery pattern.

Goggles are also gone, apparently, which means I'll have to improvise if at all being able to recreate Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia. That's got me a little miffed, to be honest. Also Ring Pants and Honor Boots aren't in, meaning I can't make a faithful Luna from SoulCalibur III. They better come back, or else:

bHY78Ym.jpg
Oh shit, I didn't even realize the Ring Pants and Honor Boots were gone. I had every intention of making a bunch of CotS characters myself. I made the entire Klessirpemdo plus Abelia and Mooncalf in SC5. It's occurring to me that most of those will be pretty difficult to properly recreate again.
I think in Luna's case I might try recreating the white dress from the epilogue at least.

Last edited:
It's not ideal, but if they do bring back most or all of the stuff from SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V with the DLC, then I'm fine with that. I already bought the Deluxe Edition anyway, and I was going to do it regardless for the characters, so it's not a big deal. I'll be playing the game for a long while to come, anyway, so it'll just be like CaS booster packs inbetween new characters. Hopefully there could also be some new, quality gear amidst the return of the good old stuff, but if it's all modern / Tekken / silly stuff, then that's when I'd be upset.

What's really killer is that the missing items count is already at 257, without counting arm items, male exclusive items, or hairstyles. They are going to need a lot more than 100 items to fill back in base V's content to a reasonable extent, let alone its DLC, or items from SCIV.

Hoping against hope that they add in a good amount of stuff for free, as was loosely suggested in an interview a while ago.

Out of curiosity, how does everyone make their OCs? As a CaS enthusiast i'm curious to know, to see if i can make OCs in different ways.

I myself am an aspiring writer. I also enjoy trying to create new characters, just for the sake of it.
I often do one of two methods.
I often decide on the characters "backstory" or basic influence. Things like nationality and and basic bodily design. I try to listen to music of that culture, usually a rock/metal version, due to my personal preferences, but I also listen to instrumentals and orchestrals.
I then try to choose a basic colour scheme.
I choose the personality based on colour scheme and colour design.
I choose the style.
Then I work from Armor break backwards. So i start with socks and underwear, adding stickers.
After that i try to build a basic idea of armor or cloth, using the typicality and ideas of the culture, try to piece something together.
Then I work on creating a type of personality based on the character.
Hairstyle and Weapon style will often change through the process.
Finally I make sure that everything fits.

(as a side, every character i create has different body sliders and skin colours. No two characters have the similar hair colour unless they are specificly related in backstory)

is there a technical reason why the items of sc5 and unreleased content were cut from the base game??
Mostly, I would say that it's due to item touch ups and everything. Maybe the limited budget led PS to remove the items thought to e less useful or something. The lack of the Dark warrior is quite obvious though. I guess we'll have to wait.

/\ Second best FE: Fates girl after Kagero.

Same. Like how this series brings together creatives whether it’s as artists or writers. Want to do both. Just glad to see my characters come to life.

Having a hard time coming up with a character for Maxi, Talim, and Mitsurugi though. Ironically not Yoshimitsu whose being used for a revenant warlord.

Thing is, I'm not even sure the CaS items from last game needs major overhauls to port over. Yesterday I watched some 4K footage of SCV played on the PS3 emulator RPCS3. The textures etc. actually looked surprisingly good. Like the quality was almost on par with SCVI. Some games look so much better when you don't constrict them to 720p resolution. I actually think they could port them en masse as is, and the resolution bump would do most of the work for them.

/\ Second best FE: Fates girl after Kagero.

Same. Like how this series brings together creatives whether it’s as artists or writers. Want to do both. Just glad to see my characters come to life.

Having a hard time coming up with a character for Maxi, Talim, and Mitsurugi though. Ironically not Yoshimitsu whose being used for a revenant warlord.
For maxi I use a kind of sadistic and narcissistic assassin. The new narcissist voice will be perfect. I gave him the scythes. Mitsu is a character I just use a lot. My main OC is an outlaw who uses tyrfing, I kind of see them like robin hood in a way. Talim I have no idea.

My process has always been intrinsically tied to the rosters’ fighting styles and how their personality and individuality shines through that. From there, I start with taking two at a time and creating a group of characters that play off of each other using said fighting styles as a basis. I almost never use CaS as a means to bring my actual literary OCs to life because I find it too restricting, even for as robust as it is.

My process has always been intrinsically tied to the rosters’ fighting styles and how their personality and individuality shines through that. From there, I start with taking two at a time and creating a group of characters that play off of each other using said fighting styles as a basis. I almost never use CaS as a means to bring my actual literary OCs to life because I find it too restricting, even for as robust as it is.
Myself, I like to use the creator as a basis, especially for characters I can't seem to design. Though it does have its issues, I still have two major characters I can't seem to get a good design for.

I noticed on one stream that taki's 1P outfit parts all could have stickers put on them, so maybe they're upgrading what's left to have stickers on them. That was a big problem with foot equipment especially.

Back