Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been switching between SCIV and SCV Cervantes for quite some time, now. It's like they're not sure which one they want to use. The monster in the trailer is actually one of the statues from Nightmare's Stage in SCV. With Seong-Mina and SCIV Ivy and others appearing, I'm not sure if they're doing some time travel plot by combining SCIV and SCV elements or they're just throwing in whatever they feel like. I found this trailer hard to watch, tbh.
Its just a shitty pachislot game, who cares? They probably added the visuals that were closer to sexy (hence SCIV Ivy), it doesn't have timeline implications.

Damn... they really "hate" us... Good thing is I am nowadays above the state of suffering, but that quirky Patroklos face/smile in that trailer reminded me how bland the new SCV characters were... I whish I could go BACK IN TIME.

Is that a fact or your opinion?

This was posted on the SC Twitter page today:
CzZBUqgVQAAh3yl.jpg:large
Can anyone confirm if this is new or old?

Edit: just to clarify I meant if it has been seen before. I haven't personally.
there´s another picture below that which looks like sc2 so i think they´re just posting pictures of every sc

Its just a shitty pachislot game, who cares?
I would say the people who want a new SoulCalibur game would obviously care. This is all the new info given, outside some pointless Facebook character poll.
They probably added the visuals that were closer to sexy (hence SCIV Ivy), it doesn't have timeline implications.
There's a definite story element, however. It's only natural to want to figure out what it is. And calling Ivy's SCIV 1P "sexy" is far more outrageous than the pachinko itself.

Hmm, a subjective opinion. So if someone says that the old characters are bland, he is not wrong, is he?
Did anyone say otherwise?

I bet in this situation, almost everyone on this side would agree that the new "heroes" are bland compared to what we once had(Siegfried,Kilik, X and so on.) But who knows...
I also found them to be a bit boring and lacking personality.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the SC characters. Honestly, I didn't find Pat or Pyrrha to be interesting at all. I don't dislike them (maybe) but I don't have any love for them either. I know that there are people that do like the new cast and that's all well and good, hell there are several others that like both sides. I'm personally more on the older cast but I am willing to give the newer ones a chance. Who knows, if they're in SCVI then they even be able to impress those that disliked them from the start.

If you like the new characters, all the power to ya. If you're not a fan of them, all the power to you people as well.

Crash X:sc2vol3:

Both old and new characters are bland in their own way: old characters have boring-to-no personality while new characters have weak story.

I bet in this situation, almost everyone on this side would agree that the new "heroes" are bland compared to what we once had(Siegfried,Kilik, X and so on.) But who knows...
Old characters´ story lines are just as bad. They just werent the main focus.

Last edited:
At this point I wonder if this is Namco's way of trolling us.
Trolling? How so? Because, I've never heard anything about SCVI. All I hear is other SC related promotions such as pachislot, LBP costumes, and so on.

I swam in the Nile long enough to know SC news =/= SCVI. The only optimism is any SC news is good news at this point.

Trolling? How so? Because, I've never heard anything about SCVI. All I hear is other SC related promotions such as pachislot, LBP costumes, and so on.

I swam in the Nile long enough to know SC news =/= SCVI. The only optimism is any SC news is good news at this point.
What I meant by that is we've been waiting for SCVI for so long to the point almost everyone's patience (mine included) is pretty much low and it honestly almost feels like trolling. We've been getting SC promotional material and stuff like that yes and it's good but I'm pretty sure we'd like some news on SCVI at this point in time.

The only thing I can say about this is that until we have what we truly desire, then our journey through the news will never end. You make a good point however, it at least shows Namco hasn't forgotten about Soulcalibur. For now I may as well just wait and see what is in store for us for the future. Some people have given up hope, but I personally have not. The Soul still burns after all. Perhaps my impatience is getting the better of me.

I appreciate your thoughts and opinion on this. Na-mu to you good sir :sc2yos2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back