Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

About the smaller CaS options (without being aggresive to you, just pointing a fact), i don't think we will be limited as to what we can do with it. Besides, the translation says that characters can be customized in great detail. But, in case you're talking about item quantity, you shouldn't worry that much since we will be able to unlock stuff as we progress in Libra.
Honestly unless I missed something I'm not so certain of that right now. Have to wait and see.

I’m doubtful that we unlock stuff in Libra just because the weapons would otherwise not be available all at once. Same with the Kittymeow shit being available for purchase at the start since it is generally unlockable.

Honestly unless I missed something I'm not so certain of that right now. Have to wait and see.

Yeah it seems an assumption at best right now, as to whether libra unlocks more equipment. And the game seems to have locked items straight away according to the CaS preview footage. If there are more unlocks then why wouldn't they be displayed in CaS with a little padock like what's already there?

Oh, my bad. Yes, it's an assumption from my part, forgot to mention it. And i agree with you all, we wait and see.
I do lots of mistakes lately and i'm sorry about that, the reason being that i can't contain my hype about the game hehe. Hope you understand and sorry once again! :)

Last edited:
If there are more unlocks then why wouldn't they be displayed in CaS with a little padock like what's already there?

because this has never ever been done as far as i know, if its unlockable it just appears in your in your CAS inventory after its unlocked. i can be wrong on this cus i have not touched CAS in a long long time.

Credit goes to bk2128 (BlackKite) , from his Twitter profile. He did the translation. "Soul Calibur VI takes approx. 40 hours to clear the story

I think the 40 hrs average is for the Main Story, Base Roster Stories, & Libra of Soul Good & Evil Playthroughs. I've seen the nearly all the main story(nearly 90 minutes with cutscenes) & all of Geralt's story(nearly 30 minutes with cutscenes).

I think the 40 hrs average is for the Main Story, Base Roster Stories, & Libra of Soul Good & Evil Playthroughs. I've seen the nearly all the main story(nearly 90 minutes with cutscenes) & all of Geralt's story(nearly 30 minutes with cutscenes).
If you already saw the cutscenes, you'll have virtually no surprises once you get the game

Lol i read 4 hrs instead of 40 and posted a message about it not being true. I believe its around 40 hrs cause the main story should be around 90 mins i guess. And each character story 15 mins.. and then you have libra mode. Thank god for a fighting game with good character depth and enough single player content.

I think V's biggest mistake was moving forward with the time skip but then NOT taking advantage of the opportunity to just completely wipe the cast clean with brand new characters. All they did was just copy and paste a lot of the old characters' movesets on new models.

That is like, the worst possible thing to do because it takes every negative aspect of a new character while leaving out the only positive (new moveset).

I think V's biggest mistake was moving forward with the time skip but then NOT taking advantage of the opportunity to just completely wipe the cast clean with brand new characters. All they did was just copy and paste a lot of the old characters' movesets on new models.

That is like, the worst possible thing to do because it takes every negative aspect of a new character while leaving out the only positive (new moveset).

Imo Daishi wanted to try to redo the Tekken 3 thing but did it all wrong. MKX also tried something like that and worked very well for them (I mean by Ed Boon the father of the franchise, no one in the world can handle MK franchise better than guy so)

What killed it for me was how half-assed and arbitrary the skip seemed. They just didn't commit to it, a third of the cast stayed exactly the same with one flimsy excuse or another ("stopped ageing", huh, Ivy?) while others disappeared completely. And neither of these quibbles are as offensive as taking someone's favourite character of like fifteen years and replacing them with some low effort, rejected shonen protagonist like Xiba. Taking the series back to its roots was the best thing they could've done for the franchise.

I check the Steam front page fairly often, and for the first time I noticed SCVI on the best sellers list! Not sure what would have caused the spike in sales, maybe just more people getting excited since the game comes out so soon.

Whatever the reason, it's nice to see, since I've never seen the game much on Steam before and was worried it'll fly under the radar. Happy to see that probably won't be case.

2018-10-10 10_54_09-Steam.png

Oh, my bad. Yes, it's an assumption from my part, forgot to mention it. And i agree with you all, we wait and see.
I do lots of mistakes lately and i'm sorry about that, the reason being that i can't contain my hype about the game hehe. Hope you understand and sorry once again! :)

Don't worry dude. We're all struggling to contain our excitement. I know them feels 😃

I check the Steam front page fairly often, and for the first time I noticed SCVI on the best sellers list! Not sure what would have caused the spike in sales, maybe just more people getting excited since the game comes out so soon.

Whatever the reason, it's nice to see, since I've never seen the game much on Steam before and was worried it'll fly under the radar. Happy to see that probably won't be case.

View attachment 51821

Well that's good

Tbh i think no RDR2 on PC will also help SC6 to sell even more on PC.

Back