Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

There weren't enough slots for all legacy characters to return, sadly. Even if we didn't have 2B, and we got, let's say, Hwang, Cassandra, and Amy. We would still be missing Rock, Li Long, Lizardman, Edge Master, Yun-seong, Setsuka, Hilde, Algol, and Dampierre. It wasn't a feasible goal, so you kind of set yourself up for disappointment, if you were expecting this. Even if we lop off Yun-seong, Setsuka, Hilde, Algol, and Dampierre, there still weren't enough slots. "Priority" is subjective, you could say that all DLC characters are on the same priority level, all decided at the same time, and released in strategic order. It makes far more sense to release the second guest, if there was going to be one, close to launch, rather than months down the line. It's just business.

She would make history as being not only the first female guest, but also the first guest to allow equipment destruction. But there are those of us who never used her self-destruct feature and/or always used the gear that prevents equipment destruction in Nier Automata, too. I think her clothes are too fancy to break, and the same goes for 9S, even if he only really loses his pants, I preferred them both unbroken.

You know, I never even considered the fact that there would be more to this quest line! I just thought it would be fight the Ancient Master, get your weapon, rinse and repeat for each weapon. I only mastered 5 weapons on my first character, and 4 weapons on my second character, so I didn't find it feasible to master every weapon on a single character. That's some heck of a grind, you know it? But now I am curious if there's something for doing them all... you just gave me a reason to go back to Libra of Soul.
Why does everyone forget about Diver the true hero of Soul Edge?

You think they would miss the opportunity to make the dress usable in creation? I mean... they are obviously trying to appeal to a specific group. I really hope they will make it available. I think everyone would want this dress for their customs.

It really looks better than any dress in creation and I will cry if it's not available, pls bamco do not make me cry.

Her having CAS parts included and a new stage brings to mind the question of if both other DLC characters will have those extras. Like, assuming they're legacy characters, their main outfits would probably be CAS-able, and possible some parts of costumes from older games too as bonus extras. Would make the season pass feel very worth the price having all these extras we didn't expect.

You think they would miss the opportunity to make the dress usable in creation? I mean... they are obviously trying to appeal to a specific group. I really hope they will make it available. I think everyone would want this dress for their customs.

It really looks better than any dress in creation and I will cry if it's not available, pls bamco do not make me cry.
I agree. the existing CAS part selection isn't exactly anything to crow about. and I do want that 2B dress for my CAS.

plus, if you can make it white for her alt look, then that means technically it's editable.

Tira's costume parts were available in CAS, so I'd like to think future DLC characters will follow that trend.

the only difference, though, is that 2B is a guest character and not a SC character like Tira. so, the only issue I can think of is some kind of licensing issue where Square Enix may not want 2B's default costume to be used with other characters.

I thought the best choice would have been William from Nioh.

Nioh = popular worlwide
William = charismatic character, uses a sword, same time than SoulCalibur lore

But he probably was disqualified from... Maybe Mitsurugi already in-game ? Oh no i know ! It's because he is from a Koei game ! XD
And i guess it's the same reason for Yukimura Sanada (charismatic character, uses two swords, same time than SoulCalibur lore, feodal Japan main hero... but from a Koei game, even if he existed in reality i mean !!!)

And too Koei too, admit it ! :p

Weird theory to push when Sophitia herself appeared in a Koei game not too long ago.

I agree. the existing CAS part selection isn't exactly anything to crow about. and I do want that 2B dress for my CAS.

plus, if you can make it white for her alt look, then that means technically it's editable.

Tira's costume parts were available in CAS, so I'd like to think future DLC characters will follow that trend.

the only difference, though, is that 2B is a guest character and not a SC character like Tira. so, the only issue I can think of is some kind of licensing issue where Square Enix may not want 2B's default costume to be used with other characters.

Geralt’s 2P color is red instead of brown. Unlikely that we’d be able to edit 2B but I’d love it if she were (and if we got her pieces for CaS).

I don't expect to be able to customize 2B, or that her default outfit will be CaS parts, but I'm holding out hope that her moveset can be used in CaS.

Tonight I've played at least 15 Seong Minas using the same, repetitive zoning moves, Was literally rolling my eyes saying "not another one".
After watching Aris’ video on Mina I expect there to be a serge she seems really good this time round, I won’t use the word cheap because Nightmare and ivy can get away with murder.

Really disappointed in 2B being guest I just want Yun and Setsuka... I really couldn’t care less about the anime robot chick.

To be expected, so fine by me either way. None too concerned either way, since I'm just in it for the titles and basic training in that case. Shame that there's nothing for him though. Maybe an eventual content release on the side or something so we can have a mimic.
Yeah, I kind of hope we get Edge Master (or even better but pretty much not gonna happen, Olcadan) as like a free DLC or something down the line.

Wth, the game is on my exhdd and a issue and needed to be repaired right in the middle of a online match. How bad is a punishment is it? Also when is 2b gonna be available.

After watching Aris’ video on Mina I expect there to be a serge she seems really good this time round, I won’t use the word cheap because Nightmare and ivy can get away with murder.

Really disappointed in 2B being guest I just want Yun and Setsuka... I really couldn’t care less about the anime robot chick.
After playing through Mi-Na's story, I've been using her more often and she's definitely growing on me.

Back