Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The other issue with this is that Nioh is not on Xbox One. Sure, it's on PC, but it would still be mildly strange for a character to be in a game on Xbox One where the source game itself is not on Xbox One. Nier Automata coming to Xbox One earlier this year, I feel, was pivotal to allowing 2B to be included.
yep.

unless Nioh gets an Xbox port in the future. ;)

The game files have already been decrypted. There are signs suggesting Edge Master was GOING to be playable, but there isn't like a model for him in there or anything. There are no surprise characters hidden in the game.

To be expected, so fine by me either way. None too concerned either way, since I'm just in it for the titles and basic training in that case. Shame that there's nothing for him though. Maybe an eventual content release on the side or something so we can have a mimic.

If there had to be a guest character they could have done a lot worse. I know a lot of people wanted Dark Souls but I didn't...a large part of the DS fanbase is toxic as hell and I would prefer that not leak into Soulcalibur VI. That said I probably would be fine with anyone since at least now the guest characters are done with and they can focus on what really matters.

To be fair I've been on the fence about picking up Nier Automata for ages (since it released) and now with 2B coming to Soulcalibur VI I finally found a reason to pick the game up. Perhaps the hype is valid or perhaps it isn't I'm going to check out the game and see what I think of the character after actually playing said game. One thing I can say from the trailer is that fighting style wise she seems like an interesting character.
I never actually wanted a DS character but you talking about the toxic fans has changed my mind. Nothing makes me happier then getting a massage saying " I will **** your mom" it's kinda like winning twice to me especially if they disconnect. BTW no one cares what you want. JK, not about people not caring, the other thing LOL

Talim was included because she was left out of SoulCalibur V, and the same goes for Zasalamel. As in, completely left out, without any even possible substitute proxy, like Patroklos could be for Cassandra, and Leixia/Xiba/Natsu/Alpha Patroklos/Pyrrha were for Xianghua/Kilik/Taki/Setsuka/Sophitia. Beyond that, though, their inclusion does not change anything in the timeline, nor are they doing anything that takes place during or after SoulCalibur II.

Your last point disregards that while yes, SoulCalibur II-IV all take place within the same year, the story approaches, but does not start SoulCalibur II. What this means is that the age argument is null and void (except SoulCalibur V people, of course), but the events argument is still quite valid. Anything that directly involves or is contingent upon events from SoulCalibur II-IV can't be included in SoulCalibur VI's Soul Chronicle, because it wouldn't have proper context. It's very likely that SoulCalibur VII will cover 1590-1591, and maybe some years following 1591 to show aftermath of those three stories, but that is a looooooooooooooooong year, and it could feasibly be just that year, and still have plenty of content.

Cassandras story could simply take place around talims when she is preparing to leave on the SC2 journey
Amy could simply be training at the mansion at the end of raphs story
Hilde could be an origin story like talim as we never really got much for her
Yun could be him going trough training like mina or X
Setsuka could also be an origin story like talim
Algol again could be a pre-history story about his sons betrayal or forging soulcalibur

NONE of that conflicts with SCVI and still leaves plenty of room for SCVII you're arbitrarily limiting the roster over no reason other than "but muh timeline" i said it before and i'll say it again, these characters EXIST in these times thus they can be in the story and be playable with no problem to the timeline or story

They can literally write anything if they want a character in. I don't understand using story relevance as arguments for a character being in or not... the only factors are really just popularity and money making potential.

I don't like the stage, it feels out of place for sc6 characters to be thousands of years in the future... but at this point I'll take anything...

Last edited:
They can literally write anything if they want a character in. I don't understand using story relevance as arguments for a character being in or not...

I don't like the stage, it feels out of place for sc6 characters to be thousands of years in the future... but at this point I'll take anything...
I'm with you on the stage. Star Wars stages in IV prevented my girfriend and I from using the random stage select in IV. It was like it was fixed to make you fight in some out of place star wars nonsense over the setting appropriate options.

In case it wasn't posted yet, some interesting infos

Bunch of A2 CaS incoming i guess
There's a lot of assumption being stated as fact right there. We don't know if we can use her clothes (aside from Kainé) or if we can use her style yet.

It's possible, yes, but to outright state is as fact... gonna need an official source confirming that.

2B Costume + Groh ( or Ivy or Azwel ) Style = my CAS Heaven!!! yass!!!!

edit: that info's not official?? :(

edit 2: Just saw the comment about not knowing if her main costume is CASable. sigh...….

I find it interesting that the name of the customization packs has changed to armor packs If we were to give every character an alt costume with the same number of armor pieces of their current outfits this is what we have;

Mitsurugi: 6 pieces
Seong Mi-na: 8 pieces
Taki: 6 pieces
Maxi: 5 pieces
Voldo: 9 pieces
Sophitia: 5 pieces
Siegfried 8 pieces
Ivy: 4 pieces
Kilik: 6 pieces
Xianghua: 4 pieces
Yoshimitsu: 6 pieces
Nightmare: 8 pieces
Astaroth: 7 pieces
Cervantes: 8 pieces
Raphael: 7 pieces
Talim: 9 pieces
Tira: 7 pieces
Zasalamel: 6 pieces
Groh: 6 pieces
Azwel: 6 pieces

= 131 pieces total (unless my math is wrong or any characters double up any equipment)

I did not include Inferno, Geralt, or 2B as Geralt didn't get usable gear and 2B likely won't have her dress usable either. Inferno can be customized in pretty much anything but he's not going to get his own armor.

They very well could decide to give each character a 2P outfit and this wouldn't conflict with Okubo saying “over a hundred parts” in an interview. Now this is extremely wishful thinking (and we'll likely know soon if this theory has any merit) but this would solve one of the big complaints I've seen people have about the game. If this doesn't end up happening there is a good possibility that they could release 2P outfits as a big draw for a second season pass.

There's a lot of assumption being stated as fact right there. We don't know if we can use her clothes (aside from Kainé) or if we can use her style yet.

It's possible, yes, but to outright state is as fact... gonna need an official source confirming that.

Just what i was going to say, i dont think it was ever clearly stated she was CASable.

I'll take some comfort in the inevitable whining that will occur when people realize the Soulcalibur 2B is absolutely nothing like their Nier Automata 2B, completely lacking most of what they liked about her in the first place.

Then i'll think about who else could have made the roster, guest or not and i'll be dissapointed myself.
wow fucking lame
I guess this answers the age old question: 2B or not 2B.
Delicious.
salt-bae-2b-17411381.png

Back