Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

As expected, 2B sounds like a no skill Azwel... I really REALLY hope people will have enough fun with her to try out other characters and get into the game.

The 2B hype is real tho, i know a french website where not many people comment on SC6 news, and things went different when 2B was reveal.

Hmm, I can't find any story screenshot for 2B. They would always show one for each character after E3 (where the story modes were revealed). I wonder if she'll get no Soul Chronicle (if so, that would probably be the case for the other DLC characters too).

Also, I just got a phone call from Olcadan. He was FUMING. He was shouting, cawing and making all kinds of sounds. Apparently, Namco didn't trust Olcadan enough to ever tell him about 2B. So I suppose Namco was actually showing some care about 2B to minimize the chances of the announcement leaking.
A lot of her promo also shows Ivy along, I suppose this is the best hint she may actually have a story mode.

On that line, I think 2B paints a dire picture for possible legacy DLC. She was shown earlier than anyone else and I think if they were to add a legacy character they would add then before the guest and she is the second DLC character connected to key figure in the series.

I've made a joke for people to watch the next character to be Dante and his tie in to be Sophie, but now I'm wondering if all we gonna get are guests.

A lot of her promo also shows Ivy along, I suppose this is the best hint she may actually have a story mode.

On that line, I think 2B paints a dire picture for possible legacy DLC. She was shown earlier than anyone else and I think if they were to add a legacy character they would add then before the guest and she is the second DLC character connected to key figure in the series.

I've made a joke for people to watch the next character to be Dante and his tie in to be Sophie, but now I'm wondering if all we gonna get are guests.

I wouldn't mind if we just got a lot of guests if it meant we would see 3 or 4 seasons of dlc lol

Think about it

Geralt, white haired, handsome, paired with a warrior from a distance land who can match him even with as his magic BS.

2B, white haired, pretty, paired with another being not quite human (Ivy is a homunculi from SCIV onward).

Dante, white haired, handsome, paired with a big boobed, blonde motherly figure.

It all adds up.

Think about it

Geralt, white haired, handsome, paired with a warrior from a distance land who can match him even with as his magic BS.

2B, white haired, pretty, paired with another being not quite human (Ivy is a homunculi from SCIV onward).

Dante, white haired, handsome, paired with a big boobed, blonde motherly figure.

It all adds up.

So sephiroth will be 4th guest?

Followed by Vergil, Alucard, Riku, and Zero? :3

I don't think there's any reason to think the season pass can't be all female characters (well, unless you take the placeholder silhouettes at face value). Every character in Tekken 7's first season pass was male. Every DLC character for Dead or Alive 5 was female. I think they'll focus on characters they think will sell. (Now watch them announce Edge Master and prove every part of my statement wrong.)

I dont see why. Whatever logic applied to defend her should be applied to anyone else.
Unless they're cranking the other two out by the end of the year, it doesn't make nearly as much sense to keep doing guests, because past the initial sales window, they're not super concerned about making more sales, from a business perspective. They hit hard and heavy up front, attract everyone to buy not only the game but also the season pass, then they can afford to be (for lack of a better word) "lazy" with the back end. In other words, not a wide-reaching guest character, but a much less effort required inclusion, like returning characters. They already made their sales, they're just fulfilling their quota at that point. The fans who want returning characters mostly bought the game already, and the season pass possibly as well, for Tira, so pleasing us takes a backburner on the front-end so that they can attract newcomers while the game is still fresh. So they're "making us wait" or "putting us second" but it's not like, a serious middle finger to the loyal fans or anything, it's just business.

Cassandra and Dampierre confirmed
If DLC1 was Amy, I'd possibly agree, but nah.

Can’t wait for DLC3 - YUNS3ONG and DLC4 - 4MY.
DLC4 - Hw4ng and DLC6 - 6my, you mean.

Back