Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

All of the origins of this Amy/viola theory all stem from fan theory. Not once is this stated anywhere point blank by PS. I need more than just coincidences and speculations to convince me

Raphael does have specific interactions with Viola; you should check again. And it's not any more or less weird than having both Siegfried and Nightmare in SoulCalibur I or the two Patrokloses/Pyrrhas.
Sorry, I meant to say Nightmare. Not Raphael. And I'm aware that Nightmare has a unique scream for when he defeats Viola, but doesn't acknowledge her otherwise. But Raphael doesn't know who Viola is, but instead demands to know who she is. So why would his possessed form be able to recognize who she is, but only after killing her? Wouldn't being possessed make him less able to see what's really happening? That's how it worked for Siegfried, anyway.

And Siegfried was unlockable in SC1 on Dreamcast, just as the Alpha/Omega versions were unlockable in SCV. That's pretty typical for alternate versions of the same character.

It makes sense considering Voldo has spent his life as a guardian and servant of both the Money Pit and Nightmare.
But then, Raphael, a character that was never related to Voldo in any way before SC5 is the only one to address him that way? Also, Nightmare's face in SC5 and SCLS is the exact same as Raphael's.

Look people it's generally accepted that Viola=Amy but it was never stated outright. So either way it's a matter of opinion. STOP biting and baiting each other.
Thats just you being extremely overly impartial over something that is extremely overly obvious.

Sorry, I meant to say Nightmare. Not Raphael. And I'm aware that Nightmare has a unique scream for when he defeats Viola, but doesn't acknowledge her otherwise. But Raphael doesn't know who Viola is, but instead demands to know who she is. So why would his possessed form be able to recognize who she is, but only after killing her? Wouldn't being possessed make him less able to see what's really happening? That's how it worked for Siegfried, anyway.

And Siegfried was unlockable in SC1 on Dreamcast, just as the Alpha/Omega versions were unlockable in SCV. That's pretty typical for alternate versions of the same character.
IIRC, his head was said to be messed up after being turned back from Nightmare to Raphael. And, from what we know, there are many more things to the story that should have happened and didn't because SC5 got rushed, one example is how Z.W.E.I. says "You're better than this" when he is defeated by Viola, which implies she is doing something bad, but supposedly doesn't want it, also, Viola says "Z.W.E.I.... wake up..." after defeating him, which implies she SHOULD have confronted him at some point and almost killed him in the original plans. The thing is, we only see her as a cutscene character that happens to be playable in SC5 as it was released, so there is little point speculating the many things that could have happened.

IIRC, his head was said to be messed up after being turned back from Nightmare to Raphael. And, from what we know, there are many more things to the story that should have happened and didn't because SC5 got rushed, one example is how Z.W.E.I. says "You're better than this" when he is defeated by Viola, which implies she is doing something bad, but supposedly doesn't want it, also, Viola says "Z.W.E.I.... wake up..." after defeating him, which implies she SHOULD have confronted him at some point and almost killed him in the original plans. The thing is, we only see her as a cutscene character that happens to be playable in SC5 as it was released, so there is little point speculating the many things that could have happened.
Yep, yep, it's worth noting that when Z.W.E.I. was defeated, he was pushed off the same cliff that Nightmare was when he was subsequently defeated by Pyrrha. So both of them would be unconscious in the same general area, where they may have been captured and dragged off to prison while they were knocked out, meanwhile being stripped of their possessions and specifically, Nightmare of his armor, I'm sure, so when they woke up, they would just be Z.W.E.I. and Raphael, and perhaps escape together and work together to find Viola and Amy, with neither of them knowing that they're looking for the same person. And then when they do have their chance encounter, that's where the conflict starts and where their interactions would make sense.

Yep, yep, it's worth noting that when Z.W.E.I. was defeated, he was pushed off the same cliff that Nightmare was when he was subsequently defeated by Pyrrha. So both of them would be unconscious in the same general area, where they may have been captured and dragged off to prison while they were knocked out, meanwhile being stripped of their possessions and specifically, Nightmare of his armor, I'm sure, so when they woke up, they would just be Z.W.E.I. and Raphael, and perhaps escape together and work together to find Viola and Amy, with neither of them knowing that they're looking for the same person. And then when they do have their chance encounter, that's where the conflict starts and where their interactions would make sense.
Wow I never thought of that, that's actually pretty good lol

On the discussion of story, I'm actually really excited to see what SC6 has in store. SC hasn't ever had a big cinematic story like Injustice or MKX, so it will be very interesting to see how the different characters interact. And especially since character creation is a thing no character should have to be a jobber.

You guys are all filling in the gaps left by PS. Quit doing their work.

Real talk. This series never had a good story. It was all about the game play from day one. The fact that I see so many people so invested in a shit story is mind bending, and then coming up with your own bogus theories. 9 out of 10 times 'fan theories' are bullshit when it comes to games in general. You wouldn't believe the shit some people believe about fallout 4. It reminds me of LOST fans trying to make sense of a nonsensical story. Sorry JJ Abrams, everything you do sucks.

Well the default weapons don’t get recolored and they generally change by costume as well. Someone did say that the alt colors could hint to their alts on this site I believe.

Plus it’d help distance from Tekken 7.

It makes me sad to think that, with the time it took someone to design and model Nightmare's underthings, they could have designed and modeled an alternate set of armor for him and give us more customization options.
Who said they didn't design alternates? They don't have to show up now, remember we're looking at an unfinished product.

Who said they didn't design alternates? They don't have to show up now, remember we're looking at an unfinished product.
I'm not saying we're not getting alternates. I'm saying they could have used the resources they used to make damaged versions versions of all the costumes to instead make more alternates.

Hypothetically, instead of 1P, armor broken 1P, 2P, and armor damaged 2P; maybe we could have gotten a 3P.

I'm not saying we're not getting alternates. I'm saying they could have used the resources they used to make damaged versions versions of all the costumes to instead make more alternates.

Hypothetically, instead of 1P, armor broken 1P, 2P, and armor damaged 2P; maybe we could have gotten a 3P.
It doesn't take the same effort. A 3P would require processes of creation, sketching, selection and only then adding to the game (assuming that we won't have 3P, because nobody said we wouldn't), whereas broken armor needs only for parts of the regular armor to be removed. Its not the same thing.

The only game that's had 3p costumes was SoulCalibur II, and they were all guest artist creations or Namco cameos except for Siegfried.

Expecting 3p costumes is a bit less than reasonable, I think. Besides, chances are pretty high that we'll still be able to make our own alternate costumes for the characters much like SoulCalibur IV-V. SoulCalibur III was the only one where recolors were your only option beyond 1p/2p costumes.

But yeah, no 2p weapons on the recolors either indicates that those recolors are placeholders, we're not getting any additional weapons (which was the case for SoulCalibur I, should you need reminding), or both.

You guys are all filling in the gaps left by PS. Quit doing their work.

Real talk. This series never had a good story. It was all about the game play from day one. The fact that I see so many people so invested in a shit story is mind bending, and then coming up with your own bogus theories. 9 out of 10 times 'fan theories' are bullshit when it comes to games in general. You wouldn't believe the shit some people believe about fallout 4. It reminds me of LOST fans trying to make sense of a nonsensical story. Sorry JJ Abrams, everything you do sucks.
I don’t really see anything crazy about people talking about aspects of the series they like.

I'd have hope for 2Ps had Tekken 7 never existed. After that game, I'm honestly pretty doubtful of anything beyond CaS for new costumes.

Back