Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Or you're playing shitty people. RP doesn't indicate anything other than how much time you spent playing.

Also why complain about the gameplan? She's meant to be played like that to a point.

Folks gained bad habits from resting on their laurels and beating bad players. Once you consistently dodge 1B, Online ranked Mi-Na players don't know what to do.

They aren't trying to work the guard gauge into the red either.
I just love how you fire up when I post sometimes. It's genuinely exhilarating. So much fluff based on nothing, These 15000+ RP players aren't exactly your fantasy scrubs. You haven't seen what I've seen as they plow their way through other actually skilled gnomes in these rooms. You're rabidly making assumptions so by all means, please continue. It's very entertaining.

Last edited:
If you're basing this off two measly matches you need to evaluate your evaluations. Ironically though, you're actually correct. The long range-ers in this game get too much too easy.
No.. I have this game since day 1 and played a lot of matches but didn’t play for a while, sounded obvious in my head but clearly not in text lol

Hmm, I think Olcadan might be confused about what "very soon" means. Maybe there will be something at The Game Awards!? Either way, I shall spank Olcadan if there's no news after all.
Honestly i’m never sure if you’re joking or actually got sources.

I think I just will not discuss anything to do with Nier, the outfits or the characters, unless somebody says to my face they've played the game. If they haven't, their opinion is irrelevant to me and holds no weight.

Anyway, I think the Seong Mina ordeal is being over exaggerated. Most out there aren't exactly difficult to predict and the moves that spammers tend to constantly dish out aren't difficult to deal with either. Not every Mina online is a Party Wolf yet people seem to be constantly moaning and moaning about her. If you can't deal with the obvious spamming patterns then there's not really much hope in the long run. And when it comes to real high level? There are characters more viable than Mina. She's good, but not the best, so I'm not seeing the correlation between her and broken that people keep saying everywhere. Not just on this website either.

I think I just will not discuss anything to do with Nier, the outfits or the characters, unless somebody says to my face they've played the game.

But how will you tell the difference between someone that has played the game to someone who just watched a playthrough on youtube or twitch?

Honestly i’m never sure if you’re joking or actually got sources.
He's real. You can play SC3 if you doubt me. Also, he's less of a "CEO of Namco who knows literally everything" kind of guy and more like a "someone who has a cousin who knows a friend of a friend who works as a janitor at Namco who 'accidentally' spills coffee on confidential company documents so he can try to read them but he can't read them very well because they have coffee all over them."

He's real. You can play SC3 if you doubt me. Also, he's less of a "CEO of Namco who knows literally everything" kind of guy and more like a "someone who has a cousin who knows a friend of a friend who works as a janitor at Namco who 'accidentally' spills coffee on confidential company documents so he can try to read them but he can't read them very well because they have coffee all over them."
He sounds like a fluffyquack

I just love how you fire up when I post sometimes. It's genuinely exhilarating. So much fluff based on nothing, These 15000+ RP players aren't exactly your fantasy scrubs. You haven't seen what I've seen as they plow their way through other actually skilled gnomes in these rooms. You're rabidly making assumptions so by all means, please continue. It's very entertaining.
I'm not "fired up" so please stop talking out of your ass. I spoke on ranked Mi-Na's and RP being worthless. Get over yourself.

I think I just will not discuss anything to do with Nier, the outfits or the characters, unless somebody says to my face they've played the game. If they haven't, their opinion is irrelevant to me and holds no weight.

Anyway, I think the Seong Mina ordeal is being over exaggerated. Most out there aren't exactly difficult to predict and the moves that spammers tend to constantly dish out aren't difficult to deal with either. Not every Mina online is a Party Wolf yet people seem to be constantly moaning and moaning about her. If you can't deal with the obvious spamming patterns then there's not really much hope in the long run. And when it comes to real high level? There are characters more viable than Mina. She's good, but not the best, so I'm not seeing the correlation between her and broken that people keep saying everywhere. Not just on this website either.
Folks just like to complain. 1B isn't such a terror but it's funny that there's a meme about it. I fought InsaneKhent and like, Mi-Na is scary but she doesn't have too much at close range. Folks are too gimmicky with her, it feels like. The flowchart stuff only works if you're bad. AA string mix-ups are bad. No one uses her WR B+K for the lethal hit (folks don't just throw out grabs like that.) She's alright in Soul Charge tho. I wish she had Kilik's vaulting gimmicks and a few more techniques.

Folks just like to complain. 1B isn't such a terror but it's funny that there's a meme about it.

The meme is glorious because Mina is such a troll about it. I really do wonder if it was deliberate, if the combat director thought that players would get a laugh out of it and scrubs despising it. XD

Ur Open.png

For what it's worth, I played and was a fan of Nier but always despised Kaine's outfit, deep backstory or not. It's just unnatractive as fuck. 😅

For what it's worth, I played and was a fan of Nier but always despised Kaine's outfit, deep backstory or not. It's just unnatractive as fuck. 😅

Yeah, that means you obviously haven't played the game and just don't understand the ~deeper meaning~ behind ugly outfits like this smh

I never said people can't dislike the outfit, holy fuck, stop misrepresenting my words just so you can sound superior. There IS a deeper meaning to be understood that adds symbolism and that's a fact, it's not my opinion or something I've made up, it's a factual piece of context. I've said so many times now that people are free to still not like it even if they do understand the context but to argue that there isn't any kind of deeper meaning is wrong, just is. Idc if you find it ugly or not, as for the actual aesthetics I'm neutral, but I love the implications behind it. So why is it that so many of you seem to take joy in being intentionally ignorant and constantly misrepresenting what I'm actually saying just so you can get a few likes for regurgitating the "OMG THIS IS SO UGLY!!!!" thing. Seriously, if you wanna be passive aggressive or argue with me, either PM me or have the guts to quote me directly here. Also don't be a blatant idiot and imply that I've said things I haven't.

With that, I'm done derailing this thread and done with this discussion. Sophitia is the best character in Soul Calibur, by the way. That's an actual fact that I won't accept differing opinions on ;x

Seriously guys why don't you just start a "Kaine's outfit" thread. I know you're free to say what you want it's general discussion but I'm following the thread expecting to see other news and it's like "nope, they're still just droning on about the kaine outfit..."

So much drama over an outfit in a game.

But to be fair like others have said there's a serious drought of news right now so I get the frustration.

I'm not "fired up" so please stop talking out of your ass. I spoke on ranked Mi-Na's and RP being worthless. Get over yourself.
Then don't sound so fired up. I'm not using RP as some measurement but when they actually play as good as the numbers stack, the correlation becomes pretty natural.

I never said people can't dislike the outfit, holy fuck, stop misrepresenting my words just so you can sound superior. There IS a deeper meaning to be understood that adds symbolism and that's a fact, it's not my opinion or something I've made up, it's a factual piece of context. I've said so many times now that people are free to still not like it even if they do understand the context but to argue that there isn't any kind of deeper meaning is wrong, just is. Idc if you find it ugly or not, as for the actual aesthetics I'm neutral, but I love the implications behind it. So why is it that so many of you seem to take joy in being intentionally ignorant and constantly misrepresenting what I'm actually saying just so you can get a few likes for regurgitating the "OMG THIS IS SO UGLY!!!!" thing. Seriously, if you wanna be passive aggressive or argue with me, either PM me or have the guts to quote me directly here. Also don't be a blatant idiot and imply that I've said things I haven't.

With that, I'm done derailing this thread and done with this discussion. Sophitia is the best character in Soul Calibur, by the way. That's an actual fact that I won't accept differing opinions on ;x
Or you could just take a chill pill and stop getting so aggressive and argumentative over something that isn’t going to have an impact in SC6 as a whole.

I don't mean to be rude but I believe that anyone who wholeheartedly believes in this deeper meaning excuse for the outfit is kinda gullible. I think it's realistic to believe they created a mostly naked female design (which is not a crazy concept, mind you) and then gave her an excuse to wear it, that's all.

I mean, is there any deeper meaning for why 2B's dress explodes during her self-destruct and exposes her extremely fan-servicey undergarments and body? Or is it because (Japanese especially) developers and fans generally love naked females...?

Can we...stop talking about the outfit now? Me and a few other posters already explained the significance and no one is obligated to like it.

They should be able to give us a date. We always knew when we would be playing the game for all the reveals during development. Now they cant tell us when one character will be done?

You'd think they'd be more open about dlc, once the game is out. Frankly, I was tired of them being tight-lipped prior to the launch and I'm still tired of it now. Giving us major info only to go silent for a few days doesn't built hype. It's annoying

Back